Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AJ Green Injured? Replaced at the Pro Bowl
(01-10-2018, 09:03 PM)sandwedge Wrote: LMAO, pretty realistic alright! No tackling and giving up a TD right before half...

Lol I was thinking the same about that first drive 3-and-out. All too real...  Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 08:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Sorry fellas, but nothing beats the old vibrating game! You could set for hours watching you RB go around circles!!

How about throwing passes?  You'd put the little hunk of cotton football in the QB's spring loaded arm to try to hit one of your receivers.

State of the art.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
That would be fun like you guys mentioned. A skills game, maybe pit some guys 2v2 on Madden, Billiards, etc. Let them talk some trash, crack some jokes. Be fun to watch AJ Green and Carlos Dunlap vs Derek Carr and Khalil Mack. This would let the fans see them as people and get to know their personalities. Also, as far as AJ opting out, he probably remembers Eifert getting hurt and more IMPORTANTLY, he's a father now. I would rather spend more time with my kid.
Reply/Quote
Can a player just up and decide not to play or does he need something that looks like a valid excuse?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Wonder if he's avoiding a potential second run-in with Jalen Ramsey.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 11:16 PM)samhain Wrote: Wonder if he's avoiding a potential second run-in with Jalen Ramsey.

Let's hope Jalen Ramsey is busy that weekend. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 03:14 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yep.  The NCAA games were nearly identical to the Gameday games, which were also EA Sports until Madden came along and they went to 989 Sports before being phased out altogether.

Then you would have loved NFL Gameday as well.  I loved the old Sega Genesis, but I never played Dreamcast, CD, or Saturn.

EDIT: I'm thinking of the NCAA Gamebreaker series Shake, is that the one you're referring to?

Sadly, many never did.

And they missed out on some of the best games ever made.

Which is fine, because other consoles had their own best games ever made, but the Sega ones were... special :)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 02:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I had some pretty intense games on NCAA football 2006 with an old buddy of mine. He claimed he could master any game if given enough time, but no matter how much we played, I won at least 70% of the time...mostly because I figured out what defense to call no matter how often he switched up his strategy. We really had some amazing finishes that would give real life a run for the money. 

I still think that old NCAA series for PS2 was the best football games ever made.

NCAA always blew Madden out of the water for me. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 02:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I had some pretty intense games on NCAA football 2006 with an old buddy of mine. He claimed he could master any game if given enough time, but no matter how much we played, I won at least 70% of the time...mostly because I figured out what defense to call no matter how often he switched up his strategy. We really had some amazing finishes that would give real life a run for the money. 

I still think that old NCAA series for PS2 was the best football games ever made.

I liked it a lot, too.  But the downfield passing game was always very frustrating.  I could rush for 6000 yds per game and throw for -2 yds with a highly rated QB & receivers...lol
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:23 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: This.

If the league office had a shred of intelligence they'd do away with this joke of a "game". But, alas...  Whatever

Agree. Have a crazy skills competition. Maybe a low key flag football game that includes some fans. But do away with the game.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 02:52 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The 2K games by Sega were infinitely better from a game play and graphics POV

NFL 2K2 is still one of the three best football games ever made

Agreed. To this day I still say ESPN NFL 2K5 was the best football game ever made. Madden 2006 is a close second. NCAA football 2006 and 2007 were by far my favorite college games... The bengals won the AFC north in 2005 and made the playoffs for the first time in 15 years... It was a great time to be a football fan.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 08:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No, I was talking about the plain old NCAA football games made by EA sports. The 2006 version was probably my favorite football game of all-time. I loved how crowd noise was a factor, and you could also time the snap to get a jump on the o-line (if you guessed wrong, you risked false starts though).

Oh yeah, the soundtrack for that game was awesome too (if you like punk rock):

Most of those college games just have college marching bands playing school fight songs, which really gets old when playing seasons.

[Image: 34217_front.jpg]

These games featured Keith Jackson announcing, I loved them.

[Image: nfl-gameday.png]

.....and this was the original GameDay.....they featured the late great Dick Enburg and Phil Simms announcing.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 02:26 AM)JB Bengal Wrote: I liked it a lot, too.  But the downfield passing game was always very frustrating.  I could rush for 6000 yds per game and throw for -2 yds with a highly rated QB & receivers...lol

I always had a balanced offense. I was "ok" running, killed the short passing game and would sprinkle in some deep shots (I had reasonable success at it - pretty realistic). Option runs were effective when mixed in as well. 

(01-11-2018, 12:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: [Image: 34217_front.jpg]

These games featured Keith Jackson announcing, I loved them.

[Image: nfl-gameday.png]

.....and this was the original GameDay.....they featured the late great Dick Enburg and Phil Simms announcing.

Tbh I think that's one of the few football series I never tried. I'll check it out on YouTube.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 12:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I always had a balanced offense. I was "ok" running, killed the short passing game and would sprinkle in some deep shots (I had reasonable success at it - pretty realistic). Option runs were effective when mixed in as well. 

Tbh I think that's one of the few football series I never tried. I'll check it out on YouTube.

I haven't played Madden in years, but what I liked with these was you had control over the player when using the speed burst, instead of the player going in the direction he was headed like with Madden.  By today's standards, the game is primitive, but had it developed further, I think it would have been MUCH better than Madden.

Reply/Quote
Getting back to the Pro bowl...I don't know how many here know or remember this, but in addition to the ProBowl, there used to be an annual game that pitted the reigning NFL Super Bowl champions against an NCAA college all-star team. I'm pretty sure it was played at the very beginning of the season prior to or during the exhibition game schedule. In the early days, the college teams fared very well against the NFL, winning their fair share of games, even beating Lombardi's Packers. Later as the NFL product improved, it got to be a pretty one-sided affair and the game ended in the mid-70's. That game may have morphed into what is now the Hall of Fame game, which officially kicks off the season.
Reply/Quote
Here's the answer to the OP:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/11/16878464/bengals-wr-aj-green-dealing-minor-knee-injury

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 02:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: Here's the answer to the OP:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/11/16878464/bengals-wr-aj-green-dealing-minor-knee-injury

Everything starts out as "minor" according to the team. Hopefully this doesn't lead to an off-season surgery. Green is getting dangerously close to the big 3-0, so any injuries will start to worry me. Crazy how fast his career has gone by.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Or just make it a flag football game complete with the defensive line counting "1-one-thousand, 2-one-thousand ..."

Flag has full contact on the line. The defense starts just a yard back from the ball... in 8v8 anyway.

They need to just get rid of the game and a skills contest would be more enjoyable to watch anyway. He'll I can't remember the last time I watched the pro bowl... it might be over 20 years! Lol
Reply/Quote