Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AJ Green Injured? Replaced at the Pro Bowl
(01-10-2018, 02:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I had some pretty intense games on NCAA football 2006 with an old buddy of mine. He claimed he could master any game if given enough time, but no matter how much we played, I won at least 70% of the time...mostly because I figured out what defense to call no matter how often he switched up his strategy. We really had some amazing finishes that would give real life a run for the money. 

I still think that old NCAA series for PS2 was the best football games ever made.

NFL Gameday and the EA Sports NCAA games on the PS1 were gems in my opinion.  I used to have quite the battles playing those as well.  Good times.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 02:13 PM)grampahol Wrote: The idea of the pro bowl, all star games, etc. became redundant with the advent of free agency and interleague play.
It's to the point where a team can send 5-6 players to the probowl who's contracts have expired and by the time the game is played they've already planned on signing with a different team in a different division in a different conference so team loyalty means exactly nothing.
There was a time when most fans rooted for the conference their team was in, but that's long gone and nobody cares who wins or even plays in the game. It's a beauty contest, nothing more, nothing less.
I'm pretty sure the pro bowl has lost its luster for most of the players as well. It's like getting a trophy for catching the bus on time...or even missing the bus and catching a cab..or just giving up and hitch hiking to their destination.

[Image: rose.gif?w=640]

...a bigger hit than most Pro Bowls have these days with really only one exception that I can think of. When there was some Chiefs-on-Chiefs violence:

[Image: CHIEFONCHIEFVIOLENCE.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 02:07 PM)McC Wrote: Seems like I remember a flag football game played in the sand on a Hawaii beach years ago and a big time player blowing out a knee or something.  Was that at a PB?

Robert Edwards from Georgia.  Gained over 1000 yards his rookie season.  Back then they had a Rookie Game that was flag football on the beach.  He injured his knee so badly they were concerned that they may have to amputate.  I think he ruptured a blood vessel or something.  Maybe nerve damage.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 02:21 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: NFL Gameday and the EA Sports NCAA games on the PS1 were gems in my opinion.  I used to have quite the battles playing those as well.  Good times.

The 2K games by Sega were infinitely better from a game play and graphics POV

NFL 2K2 is still one of the three best football games ever made
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 02:52 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The 2K games by Sega were infinitely better from a game play and graphics POV

NFL 2K2 is still one of the three best football games ever made

Never played them, but I loved Gameday much more than Madden.

Reply/Quote
Tyler eifert

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 02:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: Never played them, but I loved Gameday much more than Madden.

It boggled my mind how the NCAA series could be soooo much better than Madden when they were both made by EA sports.

The presentation and gameplay were so much more innovative on NCAA.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I think AJ read Jungle Noise and decided he's not good enough to go.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 02:54 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Never played them, but I loved Gameday much more than Madden.

Never played the Gamedays as I was a Sega guy only lol, but believe me, such a joy to play and so simplistic, not gimmicky to death as Madden has been since 2005.

(01-10-2018, 03:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It boggled my mind how the NCAA series could be soooo much better than Madden when they were both made by EA sports.

+1.

The 2K NCAA series wasn't far off it's NFL brother, but didn't play as well, IMO.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 03:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It boggled my mind how the NCAA series could be soooo much better than Madden when they were both made by EA sports.

Yep.  The NCAA games were nearly identical to the Gameday games, which were also EA Sports until Madden came along and they went to 989 Sports before being phased out altogether.

(01-10-2018, 03:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Never played the Gamedays as I was a Sega guy only lol, but believe me, such a joy to play and so simplistic, not gimmicky to death as Madden has been since 2005.

+1.

The 2K NCAA series wasn't far off it's NFL brother, but didn't play as well, IMO.

Then you would have loved NFL Gameday as well.  I loved the old Sega Genesis, but I never played Dreamcast, CD, or Saturn.

EDIT: I'm thinking of the NCAA Gamebreaker series Shake, is that the one you're referring to?

Reply/Quote
AJ just wants to forget all about 2017 and take his family on a real vacation....not Florida.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 02:07 PM)McC Wrote: Seems like I remember a flag football game played in the sand on a Hawaii beach years ago and a big time player blowing out a knee or something.  Was that at a PB?

yeah running back for the Pats Robert Edwards
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 04:06 PM)Synric Wrote: AJ just wants to forget all about 2017 and take his family on a real vacation....not Florida.

And I cannot blame him.

In fact, Marvin should make a hard copy of all the game films for the whole season and publicly burn them.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Good. I'm glad he's not going.  Not that he doesn't deserve it, but I hope all future Bengal All Pro's forgo this god forbidden All Star game.  I loathe this game so much.  I wish the NFL would go back to a fun filled weekend in Hawaii.  Who's the fastest man?  The strongest man?  Who wins the tug of war?  AFC or NFC?  Those are the things I'm interested in.  Hell, play Air Hockey and Foosball for all I care.  Billiards? Anyone?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Just hoping AJ was beat up with the way he played late into the season.

Would of thought us finally getting a running game going would of opened it up some for him.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Pro Bowl should be played on Madden by video game champions.

Believe it or not video game competition is becoming big business with professionals making big money. It would make for a great "crossover" event.

This may sound stupid, but when I was in college and my roommates played Madden non-stop I often got engrossed in watching the games just like watching a real football game.

Whoooaaaa....Fred! Where ya been?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 03:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: EDIT:  I'm thinking of the NCAA Gamebreaker series Shake, is that the one you're referring to?

No, I was talking about the plain old NCAA football games made by EA sports. The 2006 version was probably my favorite football game of all-time. I loved how crowd noise was a factor, and you could also time the snap to get a jump on the o-line (if you guessed wrong, you risked false starts though).

Oh yeah, the soundtrack for that game was awesome too (if you like punk rock):

Most of those college games just have college marching bands playing school fight songs, which really gets old when playing seasons.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 08:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No, I was talking about the plain old NCAA football games made by EA sports. The 2006 version was probably my favorite football game of all-time.

Oh yeah, the soundtrack for that game was awesome too (if you like punk rock):

Most of those college games just have college marching bands playing school fight songs, which really gets old when playing seasons.
Sorry fellas, but nothing beats the old vibrating game! You could set for hours watching you RB go around circles!!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 08:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Sorry fellas, but nothing beats the old vibrating game! You could set for hours watching you RB go around circles!!

Lol. I guess my era's version of that would be good ol' Tecmo Bowl. I actually ordered a version of that for the original Nintendo with updated rosters for 2015:

For anyone interested, you can also download an updated Tecmo Bowl to your PC. They even update the rules and uniforms.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 08:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol. I guess my era's version of that would be good ol' Tecmo Bowl. I actually ordered a version of that for the original Nintendo with updated rosters for 2015:

For anyone interested, you can also download an updated Tecmo Bowl to your PC. They even update the rules and uniforms.
LMAO, pretty realistic alright! No tackling and giving up a TD right before half...
Reply/Quote