Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AJ Green On Dunlap's Penalty
Guys .. It was Pete Derpelli... What else is new?
Reply/Quote
Dunlap's penalty was ridiculous. So if the defender rolls when he tackles a QB and the QB falls on him, is that roughing the tackler? Same Logic. Can't put body weight on player on the way to the ground
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Watching RedZone today this is what we're going to see a lot of going forward.

This is going to turn off many true fans in my opinion.

Justin Smith's roughing the passer in TB crap call is going to be the new norm.

Just an awful way to take defensive plays out of the game. Bang Head
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I never yell at my tv and I’m always watching in a pretty calm manor but I yelled pretty loud on that call. Kids ran into the room and thought someone was hurt. That’s how bs that call was. I haven’t yelled at a call like that in years. Weakest bs call ever and the announcer supporting the call and trying to cover it up with his dumb explanation really had me thinking that they were on a mission to protect Luck at all costs.
Reply/Quote
Here comes the unpopular, yet accurate opinion...

Dunlap's first PF was legit. He dipped his head right at contact. But more importantly, he fell right on top of Luck. I don't care how big he is, it's a clear rule; you can't fall with all your weight on the QB (full stop)

Los' PF where he fell on the back of Luck's legs was total BS. Bengals not getting a call when Dalton was clubbed on the head was total BS. William's PF deserved the flag, ejection and suspension (that's sure to come). 

And yes yes yes, Lofton is TURRIBLE. Worse than Fouts.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:05 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Rich Eisen's comment on Dunlaps straight up hit.

Rich Eisen is among the fairest of analysts so for him to question a call means something.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:48 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Target on our back.  Need to play smart.

And what does Marvin do???  Bill Cowher would have gone ballistic.  I am so sick and tired of Marvin's passive attitude.  Just once, one time, he needs to go off and throw his headset in disgust.  If for anything else to show his players he cares.

The Dunlap PF on Luck, the WJII hit at the goal line, the Dunlap hit tackle to the lower legs of Luck. All ridiculous.  And Marv does nothing.  I partly blame him cause he's part of the competition committee and votes to implement all this garbage.
Reply/Quote
The total penalties and yardage was almost even, which is actually pretty good considering we were on the road and there were several blatant no calls on Andy. It definitely seemed like the refs were under orders to protect Luck, though. Lap even said that it seemed like Williams' ejection came from the league office and not the refs on the field.
Reply/Quote
Ejection was justified on Williams. He did not in any way have to hit luck the way he did. I knew it was a pf immediately. I didn’t see the ejection bit coming but I guess that’s the way it is now.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:16 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: And what does Marvin do???  Bill Cowher would have gone ballistic.  I am so sick and tired of Marvin's passive attitude.  Just once, one time, he needs to go off and throw his headset in disgust.  If for anything else to show his players he cares.

The Dunlap PF on Luck, the WJII hit at the goal line, the Dunlap hit tackle to the lower legs of Luck. All ridiculous.  And Marv does nothing.  I partly blame him cause he's part of the competition committee and votes to implement all this garbage.

Spot on. They had him castrated in the 90s and he’ll never be able to clap his way back.

Good win. But this is 100% a players win. Coaches choked big time.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 12:24 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Spot on. They had him castrated in the 90s and he’ll never be able to clap his way back.

Good win. But this is 100% a players win. Coaches choked big time.

So our coaches get no credit for how we played in the 2nd half? They looked like a different team.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 12:24 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Spot on.  They had him castrated in the 90s and he’ll never be able to clap his way back.

Good win. But this is 100% a players win.  Coaches choked big time.

Idk, I would say Lazor called a pretty good game. He cant help that Andy threw a terrible rookie-esque interception and Green couldnt hold onto the ball after a big gain. The offense put up 27 points and it should/would have been more if not for those plays. That's certainly not a bad outing. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 12:29 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Idk, I would say Lazor called a pretty good game. He cant help that Andy threw a terrible rookie-esque interception and Green couldnt hold onto the ball after a big gain. The offense put up 27 points and it should/would have been more if not for those plays. That's certainly not a bad outing. 

Good points.

This was a big team win.  They never gave up and kept on fighting, even when it seemed like there were times of "here we go again....."

I'm not ready to crown us as anything special yet, but this team overcame a lot today.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Definitely a stupid call that almost cost us the game, and not to mention that they missed more obvious calls that should have been made on the Colts against Dalton.

I love that he mentioned Mixon and is including the defense in talking about the energy of the team!

They'e all going to feed off of each other all year long!

With you 100% Brad, but I would ask:  Where was the energy at the start of the game?  The only guy that seemed ready to run through a wall was Joe Mixon (and on defense, Preston Brown...hope he is OK).

They need to stop waiting for something to happen to catch fire.  They better come our breathing fire Thursday because the Ratbirds will be. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 12:10 AM)Supadave Wrote: Ejection was justified on Williams. He did not in any way have to hit luck the way he did. I knew it was a pf immediately. I didn’t see the ejection bit coming but I guess that’s the way it is now.

He actually had no business hitting Luck at all, since he was already on the ground.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:51 PM)Whatever Wrote: The total penalties and yardage was almost even, which is actually pretty good considering we were on the road and there were several blatant no calls on Andy.  It definitely seemed like the refs were under orders to protect Luck, though.  Lap even said that it seemed like Williams' ejection came from the league office and not the refs on the field.

It certainly looked that way.  If only Dalton got the same consideration.  The goal is to protect certain QB's but clearly not all of them.

And the refs can protect Luck all they want but it won't matter, since his HC doesn't really seem concerned about protecting him, as evidenced by throwing 53 passes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 08:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Here comes the unpopular, yet accurate opinion...

Dunlap's first PF was legit. He dipped his head right at contact. But more importantly, he fell right on top of Luck. I don't care how big he is, it's a clear rule; you can't fall with all your weight on the QB (full stop)

Los' PF where he fell on the back of Luck's legs was total BS. Bengals not getting a call when Dalton was clubbed on the head was total BS. William's PF deserved the flag, ejection and suspension (that's sure to come). 

And yes yes yes, Lofton is TURRIBLE. Worse than Fouts.

That's definitely an unpopular opinion.

I just don't understand the rule. Where is Dunlap supposed to fall? He tackled Luck, they're both going to the ground, at what point is Dunlap supposed to levitate off of Luck?
Reply/Quote
Tuck was blasting the call on Sirius this morning. Said that a DE as big as Dunlap trying to take a QB as big as Luck to the ground, and not falling on him, is against the laws of physics.
Reply/Quote
https://imgur.com/1j9odGG

In this image: Dunlap preventing his entire body weight from falling on Luck by bracing with both hands.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Green received same hit delivered on Luck by #53, I almost broke the TV screen. Dalton get smacked in the head on 3rd down incompletion killing drive like you stated.
I know at least one other ejection that should have happened, Watt on Taylor.

Hell, in the Miami/Tennessee game, a LB had a blindside crackback block on an olineman during an INT return.....knocked the guy out cold on the field.....and didn't even get called for it!!!!!!  The refs had a conference for nearly five minutes, and whoever the ex ref was on Fox coverage was alluding to the Williams hit on Luck and said NY was probably deciding whether or not to eject the LB for Miami.  Instead, they come out with 3 taunting penalties.  WTF?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote