Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green On Playoffs: I Think So
(06-17-2019, 08:36 AM)BNSF Wrote: So any defensive coach who came on as the DC, who also likes press coverage, is going to be great.  Seems like you’re reaching
I LOVE how you ignore the first part of my post and then take the second part like that's the only reason that I think he'll be successful!

It's BEAUTIFUL!

It shows your strengths as a poster  ThumbsUp
(06-17-2019, 03:24 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Will we? 

Or pass rush was pathetic last year.  Mellow
We have Wren coming in at nose, Geno playing at a high level and getting sacks, our ends being single blocked and getting to the quarterback, and the new coaching staff making all of their lives easier, plus an improved pass rush from our backers (as well as improved coverage downfield and out of the backfield, giving the quarterbacks no easy outlets).

I'm pretty confident that we will  ThumbsUp
(06-18-2019, 03:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: On the contrary, the defense actually looked halfway competent once Marvin took over. The problem was Austin.

Exactly, and now better position coaches with a better coordinator and players means GOLD!
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 12:02 PM)BNSF Wrote: They gave up the most yards in the nfl and the most yards per game (obviously)

They were 30th in pts per game.

They were awful

Still waiting for your answer.  How does this dc make them better?

Because our last DC was an obvious disaster and we showed improvement as soon as he was removed?

That was easy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2019, 07:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Because our last DC was an obvious disaster and we showed improvement as soon as he was removed?

That was easy.

They were historically bad when Austin was here. This defense (most of which has been together for quite awhile) was average-to-great before Austin got here, and they were fine once he left.

I don't think it's a stretch at all to think they'll bounce back to at least being a decent functional defense.
Reply/Quote