Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
AJ Green - Probably his last season as a Bengal
(08-07-2019, 07:39 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Why not?

This team never builds via free agency.

How old are you, exactly?

They need to change. Their approach hasn’t worked

Or maybe you don’t remember the last 28 years
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 02:33 PM)TopSix Wrote: Ross is 5 Mill next year
Boyd will be 8 mill

They can not give a 32 year old, oft injured WR another 16 million/year  based on what he did in 2012-2017

They need to Build around OL and Defense via Free Agency.    They are tracking for 3-5 wins this year - Hopefully we dont win enough to miss out on Fromm, Hebert or Tua

I really don't think that's in question, paying AJ 16 million. I mean, that's more than he makes now. His cap hit this year is a hair over 15 million. So, I don't know where you're getting that from. 

I think it's very likely he will get Larry Fitzgerald numbers. So, roughly about 11 million. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 07:41 PM)TopSix Wrote: They need to change. Their approach hasn’t worked

Or maybe you don’t remember the last 28 years

Have you met Mike Brown?  Hilarious

Besides, who is going to replace AJ's production? (1772 yards and 14 TDs over the last two seasons)

Ross, a guy who has missed more games, and his 210 yards over that same time?

And I remember the last 51 years. In that time I've learned that you need to replace people. If you replace them with people who don't produce as well, then you decline. It's a constant process and, if you hadn't noticed, we didn't draft a single WR this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
In his 8 starts with Dalton as QB AJ was averaging 85.9 yards a game with over 15 yards a catch. I don't understand why the OP thinks the dude sucks all of sudden.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 08:50 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: In his 8 starts with Dalton as QB AJ was averaging 85.9 yards a game with over 15 yards a catch. I don't understand why the OP thinks the dude sucks all of sudden.

Because AJ's a Bengal and everything about the Bengals sucks.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 09:18 PM)McC Wrote: Because AJ's a Bengal and everything about the Bengals sucks.  

Aj green is the best bengals wr ever

But they should not sign a 32 year old to a large contract.

He’s declining severely. It’s obvious.

But you just want them to resign anyone, always. Disregarding logic
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 08:50 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: In his 8 starts with Dalton as QB AJ was averaging 85.9 yards a game with over 15 yards a catch. I don't understand why the OP thinks the dude sucks all of sudden.

I don’t think he sucks.

I think he’s older and injured a lot

And they structured his contract to walk away at the ideal
Time

Or if he puts up wild 2019 numbers. Franchise him then let him go In 2021

He’s made 30 million the last 2 years but only played in around half the games. That’s a lot for a team that needs so much. They need to use high skill player money for core needs on line and defense.

How don’t u understand this?
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 11:05 PM)TopSix Wrote: How don’t u understand this?

You keep mentioning age and deciding that that AJ couldnt possibly be a top receiver because of it but Green was having a career year in 2018 and did not show signs of slowing.

I understand where people are coming from with the injury thing but Football is a physical sport and I wouldnt expect any Professional to make it through his career without missing time.

Until AJ Green actually shows signs of decline I am on the please sign him train.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 11:21 PM)Synric Wrote: You keep mentioning age and deciding that that AJ couldnt possibly be a top receiver because of it but Green was having a career year in 2018 and did not show signs of slowing.

I understand where people are coming from with the injury thing but Football is a physical sport and I wouldnt expect any Professional to make it through his career without missing time.

Until AJ Green actually shows signs of decline I am on the please sign him train.

Agreed

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 11:02 PM)TopSix Wrote: Aj green is the best bengals wr ever

He's not declining... It's been pointed out repeatedly in this thread. If you wanna say he's been injured more often lately that's one thing. When he's been on the field, he's still as good as any WR in the NFL. You're looking at his age and forecasting a decline in production that hasn't happened.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The last time the Bengals forecasted age related decline, and didn't have an understudy waiting in the wings, it was a disaster. (Whitworth).
I see what you are saying, but his replacement neefs tobe on the team when they decide to cut bait.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 11:02 PM)TopSix Wrote: Aj green is the best bengals wr ever

Julio is about to be the highest paid WR of all time.

Different player, but he is about the same age.

TO was much older and was getting size able contracts for the time. 3 years 25m at 33. But that was 12 years ago, so we need to take inflation into account.

Green will likely get 3-4year contract at 15-18m a year.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 08:48 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Julio is about to be the highest paid WR of all time.

Different player, but he is about the same age.

TO was much older and was getting size able contracts for the time. 3 years 25m at 33. But that was 12 years ago, so we need to take inflation into account.

Green will likely get 3-4year contract at 15-18m a year.

If they give 32 year old WR who has missed half his games over the prior 2 years 65 million dollars through his age 35 season, they should just shut the bengals down.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 10:04 AM)TopSix Wrote: If they give 32 year old WR who has missed half his games over the prior 2 years 65 million dollars through his age 35 season, they should just shut the bengals down.

No problem.

Green just turned 31 two weeks ago.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 11:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No problem.

Green just turned 31 two weeks ago.

But he’s already under contract this year

So any deal would be for age 32+

I figured that was obvious
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 12:01 PM)TopSix Wrote: But he’s already under contract this year

So any deal would be for age 32+

I figured that was obvious

How do you know he will have missed half of his previous two seasons when he is 32?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How do you know he will have missed half of his previous two seasons when he is 32?

He missed 7 games last year and will
Miss 8+ games this year.

You keep changing the point each time you’re wrong.

Does the 31/32 age thing make sense to you now?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 12:26 PM)TopSix Wrote: He missed 7 games last year and will
Miss 8+ games this year.

So you're psychic too now?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 12:26 PM)TopSix Wrote: He missed 7 games last year and will
Miss 8+ games this year.

Link to green missing 8 games this year.
Reply/Quote
I love me some aj green. Bottom line is, as with most of our talent, if he wants to win a SB, he will have to do it with another team!! Period!!!

Reply/Quote