Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green Routes.
Meh, I find this stuff interesting, maybe you will too.

http://www.nfl.com/photos/0ap3000000701958
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 04:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Meh, I find this stuff interesting, maybe you will too.

Maybe I would if I were smart enough to understand the significance of it. Please help me. Thanks.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 04:18 PM)Derrick Wrote: Maybe I would if I were smart enough to understand the significance of it. Please help me. Thanks.

Haha not sure if this is some backhanded comment or not.

Well, unfortunately the link didn't go directly to AJs routes, instead it went to all the receivers routes, not what I intended. So you have to click AJs routes.

The significance is its interesting to see how the routes actually play out, its hard in real time to observe how AJ runs some of his shifty routes. Just my opinion I guess.

For instance, I find it interesting that AJ abused the left side of the field deep and the right sight of the field short.

It's also humorous to check out Antonio Browns.... as it is completely a left sided show lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 04:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Haha not sure if this is some backhanded comment or not. No, not at all. I am admitting I didn't understand the graphics and wanted help. Thanks.

Well, unfortunately the link didn't go directly to AJs routes, instead it went to all the receivers routes, not what I intended. So you have to click AJs routes.

The significance is its interesting to see how the routes actually play out, its hard in real time to observe how AJ runs some of his shifty routes. Just my opinion I guess.

For instance, I find it interesting that AJ abused the left side of the field deep and the right sight of the field short.

It's also humorous to check out Antonio Browns.... as it is completely a left sided show lol.
Reply/Quote
Oh okay Derrick NP, I'll do my best to explain it.

So the Gray route is the one target AJ had that he wasn't able to catch.

When the line is white, it means AJ is running the route, but hasn't caught it yet, when it turns green that is when AJ caught it. On the bomb you can see the line is white all the way and then green at the end when AJ catches it. On screen passes, the lines are mostly green because AJ had lots of YAC, you can see where he slipped out of bounds! Shoot!

There is a key or guide at the bottom of the diagram, that explains this as well. Hope that helps a little Derrick.

Also, all of these routes are on a set line of scrimmage, so the place on the field that the route happened is not a factor. Just showing how his route was run from the LOS.
Reply/Quote
What I get from it is Andy is more comfy throwing right and Green is insanely proficient at running short outside routes.

Either that or teams are so afraid to guard him that they literally GIVE him those routes as a pick your poison type thing
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 04:50 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Oh okay Derrick NP, I'll do my best to explain it.

So the Gray route is the one target AJ had that he wasn't able to catch.

When the line is white, it means AJ is running the route, but hasn't caught it yet, when it turns green that is when AJ caught it. On the bomb you can see the line is white all the way and then green at the end when AJ catches it. On screen passes, the lines are mostly green because AJ had lots of YAC, you can see where he slipped out of bounds! Shoot!

There is a key or guide at the bottom of the diagram, that explains this as well. Hope that helps a little Derrick.

Also, all of these routes are on a set line of scrimmage, so the place on the field that the route happened is not a factor. Just showing how his route was run from the LOS.

this is pretty handy... would be interesting to see all his routes when not targeted as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 05:10 PM)Housh Wrote: What I get from it is Andy is more comfy throwing right and Green is insanely proficient at running short outside routes.

Either that or teams are so afraid to guard him that they literally GIVE him those routes as a pick your poison type thing

Funny, I perceived it as Andy is more comfortable throwing deep to his left than he is to his right. Also, yes, AJ is the best out route runner in the league... I remember when Andy couldn't throw out routes, glad that has changed. Remember when people used to sit on AJ's routes and try to get the pick 6.. can't do that now that Dalton improved his deep ball game.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 05:10 PM)Housh Wrote: What I get from it is Andy is more comfy throwing right and Green is insanely proficient at running short outside routes.

I'd think teams are scared to death of his deep routes and try like hell to take them away.  And he still gets one a game.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Interesting. Will Fuller and the Texans have some unconventional routes up their sleeves huh? Defensive Coordinators must get no sleep
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 08:48 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Interesting.  Will Fuller and the Texans have some unconventional routes up their sleeves huh?  Defensive Coordinators must get no sleep

YA! He was flying all over the field! Didn't watch him play but thought their use of him was interesting as well.
Reply/Quote
AJ to me looks somewhat unorthodox running routes and a little awkward in and out of cuts.

Yet is deceptively fast with incredible wing span, height, and hops to go along with them.

And is usually in position.

Got to love AJ

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 08:48 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Interesting.  Will Fuller and the Texans have some unconventional routes up their sleeves huh?  Defensive Coordinators must get no sleep

Still dropped 2 wide open passes off his hands though
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 04:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Meh, I find this stuff interesting, maybe you will too.

That's cool as hell!  Hadn't seen that before.  Very revealing how Pig Ben and Brown picked on the other Skins CB on the left side repeatedly.  Talk about vertical, look at Will Fuller!  Almost everything a go route. 

Great stuff. 
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the explanation. At first glance, I thought I was seeing hurricane tracking.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 04:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It's also humorous to check out Antonio Browns.... as it is completely a left sided show lol.

That is because Josh Norman was on the other side.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 10:04 AM)Au165 Wrote: That is because Josh Norman was on the other side.

Ya their prized FA corner can't cover the whole field. I mean, I understand guys like Sherman, he was brought up in that system. When you pay big bucks for a FA though, he better be able to shadow their best WR. Jay Gruden looking like a moron on that one in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
No Bengals had any drops vs Jets..

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2016/
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 11:05 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ya their prized FA corner can't cover the whole field. I mean, I understand guys like Sherman, he was brought up in that system. When you pay big bucks for a FA though, he better be able to shadow their best WR. Jay Gruden looking like a moron on that one in my opinion.

That's not real life. Most the top corners don't follow the other teams #1 all the time. The issue is just because one guy can play on both sides of the field doesn't mean everyone in your secondary can. Then if the #1 WR moves to the slot, you now have your slot corner playing outside, which may not be something he can do, and that's assuming your #1 is built to be an inside corner.

If you look at our own team we don't do that with pacman. For the most part Dre and Pacman play their sides of the field, now based on some formations they move, but normally Dre is left and Pacman is right.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 01:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: That's not real life. Most the top corners don't follow the other teams #1 all the time. The issue is just because one guy can play on both sides of the field doesn't mean everyone in your secondary can. Then if the #1 WR moves to the slot, you now have your slot corner playing outside, which may not be something he can do, and that's assuming your #1 is built to be an inside corner.

If you look at our own team we don't do that with pacman. For the most part Dre and Pacman play their sides of the field, now based on some formations they move, but normally Dre is left and Pacman is right.

IDK if you read my comment, but we are saying essentially the same thing. I think if you are GOING TO pay all that money for a corner, he better be able to shadow the other teams best receiver. AKA, I wouldn't pay big bucks for really any corner. If you look at the success of FA corners (after making a name for themselves) it usually isn't a happy ending for the player or the team.

Paying a guy like Norman to hold down one side of the field is great, if you have a good defense already, but when your defense isn't that great, it just doesn't work.

Completely agree that corners have their dominant side and for the most part shouldn't follow guys, but wouldn't pay big bucks for a guy like that unless I felt the rest of the team was already in place.... Redskins mistake essentially.
Reply/Quote