Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ Green Rumors
(03-14-2019, 11:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That is what they did with Whit and they got crucified for it.

I realize Whit was still playing at a high level, but so is Green.  It is simple to make the right move every time when you have the benefit of hindsight.

You're talking about an offensive lineman vs a WR. History shows offensive linemen can play well into their 30's at a high level. That is not the case for the WR position where most drop off significantly when they get north of 30 years old. We have already seen it with the injuries for AJ.
Reply/Quote
Let me throw this bone into the pot. Gruden has coached these players what if the deal is Dalton and Green for multiple picks and maybe a player. Then ZT trades a 2nd and 3rd acquired from Washington to get Rosen from Arizona. That leaves us with 2 #1 picks this year, Rosen, and maybe a guy like Josh Doctson from the Skins?

Edit. Nevermind forgot the traded for Keenum lmao

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 11:57 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Winning teams have no problem trading or letting players walk. Why is AJ Green untouchable?

Give us the right deal, I think top 15 pick and a 4th round pick, I trade him in a heartbeat. The reality is his injuries have prevented him from being great. For the most parts, he has disappeared in big games.

I love AJ, I have his jersey, but he makes a lot of money for a guy playing 10 to 12 games a year. But, I would not give him away either.

I agree. Also, re-signing him after this year could cost $15M/yr and possibly our chance at re-upping Boyd. 

I think my asking price is going down. I'd probably do it for a 2nd and either a 4th this year or 3rd next year. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 11:02 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Ignoring sentimental reasons, if Jay Gruden offered us their 1st (1-15), and 3rd (3-32), I'd have to consider it.

They're gonna have to throw in Josh Norman too...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 12:04 PM)Okeana Wrote: Let me throw this bone into the pot.  Gruden has coached these players what if the deal is Dalton and Green for multiple picks and maybe a player.  Then ZT trades a 2nd and 3rd acquired from Washington to get Rosen from Arizona.  That leaves us with 2 #1 picks this year, Rosen, and maybe a guy like Josh Doctson from the Skins?

Edit.  Nevermind forgot the traded for Keenum lmao

Without the Keenum deal, this would make good sense.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One thing we're not considering.....what if AJ took one of those hometown discounts? Probably not, but you never know.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 12:15 PM)jason Wrote: They're gonna have to throw in Josh Norman too...

Too old, too expensive.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 12:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: Without the Keenum deal, this would make good sense.

yeah, Keenum's deal is 1 year 3.5 mil tho sooo maybe.  I wouldn't mind getting Trent Williams as part of that deal.  2 years left on the contract 11 million per.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 12:19 PM)Okeana Wrote: yeah, Keenum's deal is 1 year 3.5 mil tho sooo maybe.  I wouldn't mind getting Trent Williams as part of that deal.  2 years left on the contract 11 million per.  

I didn't realize it was that cheap......I guess it depends on Alex Smith's outlook and their draft plans.  If something like that was offered, I'd think you have to move on it.  If I'm Grude....I'd like my chances more with AJ and Dalton than Keenum.  

Reply/Quote
it would not surprise me at all.
I already have been thinking the Bengals might be considering WR with first pick, you know DK Metcalf. he's looking good.
And it's to plan for AJ's exit next year, age and all and 2 contracts. I'm not sure Bengals will extend both AJ and Boyd, the past shows us that they will extend Boyd and leave Green in the cold.
Reply/Quote
Washington has been sending message through media since January about Dalton.

Now it's about Green.

They feel that if Brown was traded for a 3rd and 5th, they could get Green for maybe a 3rd.

That's the problem with a wholesale coaching staff change. It's like a patriarch dying or a divorce. All the neighbors who have had their eyes on your possessions, now are thinking they could get them at fire sale prices.

As some others have posted on this thread, if the Bengals don't believe they can compete by next year (2 drafts), then it's logical to look into trading AJ, Geno and Dunlap.

But I think Mike Brown feels that as long as Dalton is here, they can be competitive within 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 12:02 PM)Fullrock Wrote: You're talking about an offensive lineman vs a WR. History shows offensive linemen can play well into their 30's at a high level. That is not the case for the WR position where most drop off significantly when they get north of 30 years old. We have already seen it with the injuries for AJ.

Whit was 36 not 30.

There are a few rare exceptions but no position has a history of players performing well for long time after turning 36.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 12:21 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: If I'm Grude....I'd like my chances more with AJ and Dalton than Keenum.  

That's exactly what he was hoping for. That's what all the sports talk is DC were spewing in January.

They started with Dalton and now it's AJ.

Problem is that they don't have the draft capital to do either or both. And their roster lacks the quality for a combination of player and draft picks trade.
Reply/Quote
AJ can help a title contending team when a title right now. We have multiple needs across the board particularly at LB and RT. Also have to consider that the offense doesn't need a superstar WR to be effective. I would think a team like the Packers, Pats, and Steelers would be interested.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 12:48 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: AJ can help a title contending team when a title right now. We have multiple needs across the board particularly at LB and RT. Also have to consider that the offense doesn't need a superstar WR to be effective.  I would think a team like the Packers, Pats, and Steelers would be interested.

The Bengals would never field a phone call from the Steelers for AJ Green.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:59 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Only reason I bring it up is because it's a Redskins NBC Sport guys, and I don't think it'll happen. But if you were in charge, taking into account AJ's age, him probably wanting $15M/yr after this season, what would it take?

it would have to be a big time offer....   I don't think the bengals will bite though they will probly respond to these rumors with an extension for green
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 12:48 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: AJ can help a title contending team when a title right now. We have multiple needs across the board particularly at LB and RT. Also have to consider that the offense doesn't need a superstar WR to be effective.  I would think a team like the Packers, Pats, and Steelers would be interested.

dude you take away green and boyd starts getting shadow'd by #1 CBs..... its gonna be a very long year.

Ill be more inclind to think of these trade scenario when Ross sets the league on fire.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown cant risk alienating more of a fan base anymore than he has.
Reply/Quote
The front office is just going to have to do something like a trade or have one of the best drafts in the team's history to turn around the sour feelings The fans are experiencing at the moment.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Y'all are nuts. No way we trade Green. There's a reason Gruden wants him, but he can wish in one hand and crap in the other, and it's going to be brown, not green. Trade him for a 1st rounder...….riiiiiight! Because you know, John Ross and all..... Green is not only still one of the top receivers in the game, he is a tremendous locker room presence for the younger receivers, and he and Andy are in sync. AJ will retire a Bengal.... bank on it.
Reply/Quote