Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ Green Rumors
It's probably a giant spray fart, but there is buzz on the twitterverse that the Redskins are trying to make a trade for AJ Green.

Given his age, recent injury problems, and Boyd's contract being up after this year, how much would it take for you to be ok with trading arguably our franchises greater player?
Reply/Quote
So I heard these rumors too, and as best I can tell they are false and AJ wants to be here and the Bengals love him.
Reply/Quote
No way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So I heard these rumors too, and as best I can tell they are false and AJ wants to be here and the Bengals love him.

If there is one guy on this roster that you make sure retires a Bengal, it's AJ Green.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If you trade AJ Green, you might as well trade Andy Dalton too. Commit to the rebuild.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:56 AM)Big Boss Wrote: If you trade AJ Green, you might as well trade Andy Dalton too.  Commit to the rebuild.

....and Dunlap and Atkins.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The Redskins may very well be trying. I am sure lots of teams make trade inquiries about all sorts of players all the time. And I am sure that most teams listen to all offers just in case some one makes a crazy offer.

But I don't see any indication that the Bengals will trade him or that he wants to be traded. And no matter how talented Green is no team would give up the store for a 31 year old WR coming back from injury.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: If there is one guy on this roster that you make sure retires a Bengal, it's AJ Green.

^Absolutely

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I read it was the Jets. It's mostly Bleacher Reorts on both rumors...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So I heard these rumors too, and as best I can tell they are false and AJ wants to be here and the Bengals love him.

Only reason I bring it up is because it's a Redskins NBC Sport guys, and I don't think it'll happen. But if you were in charge, taking into account AJ's age, him probably wanting $15M/yr after this season, what would it take?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: ....and Dunlap and Atkins.

But if you trade Dalton, Green, Atkins, and Dunlap, how are the Bengals going to teeter around that 6-10 to 8-8 line so that they can just miss out on picking in the top 10?!  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ignoring sentimental reasons, if Jay Gruden offered us their 1st (1-15), and 3rd (3-32), I'd have to consider it.
Reply/Quote
I love AJ as much as anyone, but if I could get a first rounder for a 31 year old WR I'd do it in a heartbeat. That's what it would take for me though. I'd have to get a 1.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:51 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: It's probably a giant spray fart, but there is buzz on the twitterverse that the Redskins are trying to make a trade for AJ Green.

Given his age, recent injury problems, and Boyd's contract being up after this year, how much would it take for you to be ok with trading arguably our franchises greater player?

Would be 100% OK with this as long as we get a high second round pick or more for him. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: If there is one guy on this roster that you make sure retires a Bengal, it's AJ Green.

This is the kind of logic that make bad organizations bad. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:57 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: ....and Dunlap and Atkins.

Exactly. I wouldn’t be looking to trade aj and it seems there’s nothing to this. If it were to happen then just go full rebuild

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Everyone here loves AJ. He's the most likely to make the HOF (probably won't if he retires here) out of any Bengal in a long time.

With that said.... No way I pass on a first round pick. Not saying that's what Washington would offer/is offering, but for me that's what it would take.

Edit: Oh, if we trade Green they can have Dalton while they're at it too for an additional pick. 2nd/3rd.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Every time we talk about possibly trading Green I can't help but think ahead to how disappointed I'd be with the injured corner we'd take in the 1st round with the pick we got for him.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:59 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Only reason I bring it up is because it's a Redskins NBC Sport guys, and I don't think it'll happen. But if you were in charge, taking into account AJ's age, him probably wanting $15M/yr after this season, what would it take?

So I think IF the offer was overwhelming you consider it, but...

The way the Bengals have been drafting, giving them extra picks won't yield a player as good as Green. 
Reply/Quote
It would take more than any team would be willing to give for me to be ok with trading him. And it’s not out of sentimentality. It’s out of how important he is to us on the field. We SUCK without him.

Reply/Quote