Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green' Season
AJ Green may have not been as good a season as prior years and understandably frustrated for the reasons i mentioned in my prior comment but that doesn't negate the fact of how good this guy is. He is an elite WR, and I'm happy he's a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
Think he was frustrated and had a down year by his standards, yet a good year by almost everybody else's standards though.

Put me in the camp of glad AJ is in Bengals stripes and hope he finishes his career in them as well.

AJ will bounce back !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 10:29 PM)Go Cards Wrote: AJ will bounce back !

Yes he will. He was upset after week 2. Although unlike AJ to display displeasure with the organization, I think his cup had runneth over. Sometimes, when you just know your team doesnt have a shot and the coaches don't have a prayer of putting together a good gameplan, I feel it's possible to reduce your efforts even without thinking about it. I think a lot of veterans have this virus in their system. It will take some convincing and motivation by the coaching staff to overcome this hurdle for 2018.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 09:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He finished 6th in the AFC (among WR's) in yards and catches, and 4th in TDs.

Only 4 WRs are named to the Pro Bowl.

(01-13-2018, 04:53 PM)Housh Wrote: Pro bowl and all NFL are different things

I think you misunderstood. I gave his AFC rankings, not his NFL rankings. 

(01-13-2018, 10:29 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Think he was frustrated and had a down year by his standards, yet a good year by almost everybody else's standards though.

Put me in the camp of glad AJ is in Bengals stripes and hope he finishes his career in them as well.

AJ will bounce back !

Right on. I don't think anyone wants AJ gone or is unhappy that he's a Bengal. I also think he will bounce back.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The entire team had a bad season. I expect Green will do better next year if we improve the OLine.

At the end of the day, sometimes great players have down years. It happens. It doesn't take away from Green being a great player. We just have to hope he bounces back next season.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 05:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure he does. I only have 3 AFC WRs with better seasons:

Antonio Brown
Keenan Allen
DeAndre Hopkins

.....and 2 of those 3 have potential HOF QBs throwing to them. 

Cooks and Hill had similar seasons; however, neither comes with the resume of AJ Green. 

AJ Green had a fine year, he was not frustrated (except by Ramsey's mouth), and is one of the elite WRs in the NFL

Right. I was mostly just making a joke, but you probably don't want to build your team around the 4th best WR in a conference on a given year.

Obviously he's elite in general.
Reply/Quote