Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green' Season
(12-29-2017, 02:05 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Absent dramatic changes, AJ will quit ( Barry Sanders) or won't sign the next contract.

Dunlop and Geno should also pursue other options

AJ, Dunlap and Geno can see how happy Whit is. There are former Bengal coaches that are now head coaches, reuniting may be an insensitive also. I really believe that all 3 of these guys leave. Imagine this team minus those 3.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 05:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm quite sure AJ's frustration has played a part in his inconsistency this season. I can't say I blame him or any of the others !

Mike Brown tanked this season before it even began and I'm sure deep down they all knew it.

Yep!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 11:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I get he's frustrated. We all are. But I don't drop 2-3 beers during a game? He should focus on AJ and find a way to fix it (Marvin - Hard Knocks).

Yeah, Harley we would know you are in one hell of a slump if that happened.

2-3 major party fouls? That be bad. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 05:42 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: AJ, Dunlap and Geno can see how happy Whit is. There are former Bengal coaches that are now head coaches, reuniting may be an insensitive also. I really believe that all 3 of these guys leave. Imagine this team minus those 3.

Imagine if they all became Rams... Shocked
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 05:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Imagine if they all became Rams... Shocked

We’d still be stuck here though. Lol
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 06:30 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: We’d still be stuck here though. Lol

Yeah but i find that to be very hard to believe. We are getting a new HC which whether they say it or not will give these
players a renewed sense of optimism. Marv is anything but inspiring, there are so many coaches that could come in here
and turn this shit storm around. Get the O-line fixed and coach up these guys, get them inspired and we have no where
to go but up.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 06:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah but i find that to be very hard to believe. We are getting a new HC which whether they say it or not will give these
players a renewed sense of optimism. Marv is anything but inspiring, there are so many coaches that could come in here
and turn this shit storm around. Get the O-line fixed and coach up these guys, get them inspired and we have no where
to go but up.

Would you feel comfortable betting your house that the Bengals will get a new HC? I might bet the car but definitely not the house. I’ve seen Eb as a GM for too long to buy it, even though every sign points to it.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 12:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Oh my God, it's DunlAp. DunlAp. Not DunlOp. How are there still Bengals fans saying this?

That's happened a grand total of 0 times. Yes, Dalton has had issues with throwing deep passes out of bounds this year, but I've never seen Green that wide open either.

How hard would it have been to not put that useless smart ass comment about being 40 feet wide open? Like did it eat at you that someone had the nerve to joke on this message board and you just HAD to comment or are yor just that type of person?

This is why i rarely post here these days. People on this board just look for ways to attack each other. Smh enjoy the game today.
Reply/Quote
I hope Aj doesn't leave us..Andy will be gone soon Aj, just stick around.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Dalton throwing at AJ today? 2 of 10 for 17 yards (39.6 rating)
Dalton throwing at everyone else? 21 of 34 for 205 yards + 3 TDs (108.1 rating)
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 04:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not to mention Dalton has hit AJ right in the hands a few times on deep passes, only to see him drop the ball. Guess that's on Andy, too.

He's not looked good the last several games.  I think part of his problem yesterday was him playing on a bad foot.

But he's had a couple of bad games, and I think he and Andy are frustrated with each other.

I just kept thinking, "Throw it to Boyd!".  He was the only receiver (vs. TE)  getting separation and holding on to the ball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 09:30 AM)3wt Wrote: He's not looked good the last several games.  I think part of his problem yesterday was him playing on a bad foot.

But he's had a couple of bad games, and I think he and Andy are frustrated with each other.

I just kept thinking, "Throw it to Boyd!".  He was the only receiver (vs. TE)  getting separation and holding on to the ball.

Maybe? Who knows? They've been very friendly with each other off-field as far as I know, and AJ has really gone out of his way to stick his neck out for Andy on many occasions (it didn't feel like standard-issue forced praise). But weird things happen during consecutive losing seasons. Fwiw, it's been a bad season by AJ standards. Over his last 11 games, he only caught 43 balls for 574 yards and 5 TDs. That's a 16 game pace of 62 catches for 835 yards and 7 TDs. Those aren't #1 WR numbers...let alone AJ Green numbers. Catch rate of 46.7% on his targets.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
AJ should have been frustrated with O-lines play most of season.

Yet his play was a little frustrating at times too.

Solid but disappointing season.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:30 PM)Go Cards Wrote: AJ should have been frustrated with O-lines play most of season.

Yet his play was a little frustrating at times too.

Solid but disappointing season.

Let's not mince words. A.J. Green regressed this year. He doesn't deserve to be in the Pro Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:37 PM)treee Wrote: Let's not mince words. A.J. Green regressed this year. He doesn't deserve to be in the Pro Bowl.

Lol didn’t deserve to be in the pro bowl

Ok bro

Jesus Bengals fans suck
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 07:17 PM)Housh Wrote: Lol didn’t deserve to be in the pro bowl

Ok bro

Jesus Bengals fans suck

He finished 6th in the AFC (among WR's) in yards and catches, and 4th in TDs.

Only 4 WRs are named to the Pro Bowl.
Reply/Quote
Since when was the probowl based solely on production? It's a beauty contest. Always has been, always will be. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 09:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He finished 6th in the AFC (among WR's) in yards and catches, and 4th in TDs.

Only 4 WRs are named to the Pro Bowl.

Pro bowl and all NFL are different things
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 12:56 AM)grampahol Wrote: Since when was the probowl based solely on production? It's a beauty contest. Always has been, always will be. 

Since it can fit his argument

That’s when

Nba all star and nfl pro bowl has and will always be a trash popularity contest and in that Green is still tops
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:37 PM)treee Wrote: Let's not mince words. A.J. Green regressed this year. He doesn't deserve to be in the Pro Bowl.

Sure he does. I only have 3 AFC WRs with better seasons:

Antonio Brown
Keenan Allen
DeAndre Hopkins

.....and 2 of those 3 have potential HOF QBs throwing to them. 

Cooks and Hill had similar seasons; however, neither comes with the resume of AJ Green. 

AJ Green had a fine year, he was not frustrated (except by Ramsey's mouth), and is one of the elite WRs in the NFL
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote