Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green Texted Former Teammates After Bengals Won
This dude's a class act..............

AJ Green Happy For Bengals, Texted Former Teammates After Win Over Raiders:

Quote:The Cincinnati Bengals did it. They won a playoff game for the first time in 31 years. Following their 26-19 win over the Raiders, Joe Burrow made sure that everyone knew the job was not quite finished.

However, while there is more to come and expectations are still high, getting over that hump for the first time in three decades is a huge step for this team.

LOVE that Burrow's not satisfied with just one playoff win and knows the job's not done!

That wasn't really relevant to this thread, but it just gets me fired up!

Here's the relevant part:

Quote:It’s something many Bengals were never able to achieve. One Bengal legend that found himself in the playoffs multiple times yet never secured a postseason win was star receiver A.J. Green, who is now with the Arizona Cardinals.

Green, who was a fan favorite, showed class after the Bengals won their first postseason game, texting congratulations to many of his former teammates.

AJ Green texted Jessie Bates, Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins saying congratulations on the win #Bengals

This is the Bengals’ first season without Green.

Of the 26 receivers who have seen snaps in the franchise’s lengthy history, Green ranks No. 1 in terms of yards per game. Over the past decade, he’s cemented himself as a legend in Cincinnati.

He’s just behind Chad Johnson for many receiving records. That type of production, along with him being the team’s first-round pick back in 2011, formed a bond between him and the city.

Here’s to hoping Green and the Cardinals take down the Los Angeles Rams tonight and make a run to the Super Bowl.

It makes me hate Jeremy Hill that much more because AJ was such an awesome player and an even better person that he deserved a playoff win.

I also loved Dalton and appreciate what he did for the city, but I always wonder what AJ could have done with a better QB and specifically one with a better deep ball (I don't really count last year as a valid look).

I appreciate everything AJ did for use while he was here and he's a hell of a guy!
Reply/Quote
AJ equals classy
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We’ve only had 26 receivers? I must be reading something wrong there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:53 AM)Go Cards Wrote: AJ equals classy

Yes sir!
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 05:58 AM)michaelsean Wrote: We’ve only had 26 receivers?  I must be reading something wrong there.

I suppose a mistake by the article's author? 

If you sort this list by position: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/career-receiving.htm, #149 to 240 are WR. My math says that is more than 26.  Cool
Reply/Quote