Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ Green-Work
by AJ for the Player's Tribune

words of wisdom from his Mama
Quote:“No, A.J., It’s not. It’s not hard. It’s what you love. You just had a tough day. That’s life. Instead of getting down about it … push through. Tomorrow’s a new day. You will be fine.”

and his commentary on his first work experience

Quote:I’m not gonna lie, I wasn’t good at chicken fingers.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/essential-workers-aj-green-cincinnati-bengals-nfl

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Thanks for sharing

As usual AJ comes across as humble and appreciative.
You can see that his parents are the reason he is not a diva WR. Hoping he has a great year.
Reply/Quote
Good stuff. It’s so damn easy to love AJ. I’ll be rooting hard for him to be the comeback player of the year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Bad things happen to good people. If AJ plays in 2019 he would be in talk for HOF.. But, we likely do not get 1st pick and Joe Burrow. So hopefully AJ stays healthy and Joe helps him get back into HOF talk. How do you not respect AJ?

I also hope he ends his career a Bengal. He has a legit shot at being both all pro and comeback player of year.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 01:09 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bad things happen to good people. If AJ plays in 2019 he would be in talk for HOF.. But, we likely do not get 1st pick and Joe Burrow. So hopefully AJ stays healthy and Joe him get back into HOF talk. How do you not respect AJ?

I also hope he ends his career a Bengal. He has a legit shot at being both all pro and comeback player of year.

We finally agree on something! You’re absolutely right that AJ playing last year would have resulted in not landing Burrow. We’re probably sitting here inevitably waiting for Tua to get hurt during Camp...

As far as AJ becoming an All Pro? It’ll be tough, even with Burrow. He never made AP even in his prime. But who knows, maybe almost 2 years off will have him completely rejuvenated.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 02:25 PM)pally Wrote: I’m not gonna lie, I wasn’t good at chicken fingers.

I am glad I read that article. When I read this quote in your OP, I was like, "WTH? What is chicken fingers? Is that a receivers practice drill that I've never heard of before?" LOL Probably read it or thought that way because he's been out and getting back into the groove would provide some minor challenges for him. I hope he comes back strong because he sounds like an outstanding person.

Reply/Quote
Very good read. :andy:
Reply/Quote