Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green approaching franchise records
(05-20-2019, 11:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Awesome for AJ! He's put up pretty great numbers!

It's a shame he had injuries in a couple years because he nearly had 1000 yards receiving in each of his 1st 7 years...which I think only Randy Moss did. And the year he didn't do it, he had 964 yards in 10 games. He might have put up 1400-1500 yards that year which would have been awesome!

AJ's pretty much had to play offensive lineman more often than not as well.. I'm not saying he's ever been a LT, guard or center, but he's had to block a lot more than Chad ever dreamed off doing.. Both were/are great receivers though. I would have loved to have them both on the same field in their primes..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping AJ can put up a few more 1200+ yard seasons and stay healthy. I think it's his best shot at the HOF.

I unfortunately feel like he's going to be overshadowed by guys like Hopkins and Julio Jones although he's just as good if not better.
Reply/Quote
Both Great WR's, but I think AJ is slightly better overall.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2019, 11:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's really not even that close.

Let meknow when AJ or Isaac can do this:

Chad was a hell of a Receiver no doubt, but i take AJ's size, strength and ability to break tackles over Chad. One thing that Chad did better than about anyone was the sideline toe tap, but AJ is one that can do this just as good. AJ can do anything that Chad could do IMO.

(05-19-2019, 07:19 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Chad was great and fun but I think I'd have to go AJ. Chad played with the better oline, qb, and Housh. Chad could be taken away from the game plan more easily than AJ, however then the run game and Housh would flourish.

AJ can run every route and do everything Chad could do. Chad cannot make himself like AJ and be big and physical and make the contested catches. Chad is an all time great and the funnest dude to ever step in the NFL but AJ is the greater weapon.

Spot on Bonesaw.

(05-19-2019, 08:39 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Everything is pretty comparable except AJ has almost as many TDs in 50 less games. TDs are pretty important.

I would say so.

(05-20-2019, 11:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes it is.

Chad played on teams that generally ranked higher in passing yards and with practically no receiving yards from the TEs or RBs.

The only real difference I see is that Green has missed more games with injury.

Injuries are the only thing where i can give Chad the edge. AJ is all class which i must add. I agree with Tiger Teeth that sometimes Chad was a little too much of a diva for my liking. Chad had our best #2 WR to help him out too in Housh. Hoping we can extend Boyd cause he reminded me of Housh last season.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Injuries are the only thing where i can give Chad the edge. AJ is all class which i must add. I agree with Tiger Teeth that sometimes Chad was a little too much of a diva for my liking. Chad had our best #2 WR to help him out too in Housh. Hoping we can extend Boyd cause he reminded me of Housh last season.

Boyd really stepped it up last year.  I agree with your comparison to TJ.  Hopefully this trend continues out of him.  Only we extend him, instead of losing him like we did Housh.  Now if we can only get AJ to kick field goals and XP's in a pinch.   Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2019, 02:04 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Boyd really stepped it up last year.  I agree with your comparison to TJ.  Hopefully this trend continues out of him.  Only we extend him, instead of losing him like we did Housh.  Now if we can only get AJ to kick field goals and XP's in a pinch.   Hilarious

Boyd was clutch last year man, just like the Housh was back in the day.

That was pretty crazy how Chad could be our Kicker if we needed him to lol
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2019, 11:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's really not even that close.

Let meknow when AJ or Isaac can do this:

Chad took some vicious hits for sure, but it's not like AJ Green hasn't choke slammed then started raining down blows on a sucka's head before.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Chad was a hell of a Receiver no doubt, but i take AJ's size, strength and ability to break tackles over Chad. One thing that Chad did better than about anyone was the sideline toe tap, but AJ is one that can do this just as good. AJ can do anything that Chad could do IMO.
It's because he had the best feet of any WR I have seen. I often point to the below video where Chad is working out with AB and Mike Wallace. You can see the minor difference in foot speed in the drills, but where Chad sets himself apart is the routes. You'll see AB (arguably the best WR over the past 3-4 years) and Wallace have to gear down to make there breaks, Chad just hits and moves. And keep in mind that this is Chad at the end of his career.  

Oh yeah, BJGE was there for some reason too
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 12:12 PM)jason Wrote: Chad took some vicious hits for sure, but it's not like AJ Green hasn't choke slammed then started raining down blows on a sucka's head before.

lol, seriously made me laugh out loud.

(05-25-2019, 01:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's because he had the best feet of any WR I have seen. I often point to the below video where Chad is working out with AB and Mike Wallace. You can see the minor difference in foot speed in the drills, but where Chad sets himself apart is the routes. You'll see AB (arguably the best WR over the past 3-4 years) and Wallace have to gear down to make there breaks, Chad just hits and moves. And keep in mind that this is Chad at the end of his career.  

Oh yeah, BJGE was there for some reason too

Yes, Chad probably did have the best feet of any WR and ran maybe the crispest routes.

Always gave great effort, he practiced like he played on game day.

Just wish he was as clutch as Housh and as big and fast as AJ, you might have the best WR ever.
Reply/Quote