Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ Green contract floor has been set. 70 milion
Well you should have just said that to begin with, you mean ATHLONSPORTS doesn't think A.J. Green is a top 10 receiver? You mean that a bunch of opinionated, random players across the league (that have completely left off great players in the past) think that A.J. is ONLY the 37th best player out of every position and every team?!

Well shut down the internet guys, let's trade him!

A.J. sucks, Andy sucks, Marvin is dumb, the defense gives up too many yards, the coordinators can't coordinate, the owner is cheap, the o-line can't hold up more than 2 seconds, the running backs fumble too much, our TEs have barely played football, and our fans are terrible.

You'd think this team would be a perennial 0-16 team if you just read snippets from these boards from different posters LOL
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 12:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: There are too many wideout power rankings showing AJ out of the top 10 for 2015. I challenge you guys who say he's still believed to be elite (top 5) to provide links you can find from 2015. Brace yourself though. The names you'll see that are ranked higher than him will alarm you.

Show us some rankings then. A simple google search isn't bringing me much other than garbage Fantasy Football rankings. I can't see to find many actual positional rankings outside of random blog sites that have no credibility. You seem to have a ton of links, so let's see them.

Also, "elite" is arguing semantics. You claim it's top 5, I disagree. There can be 30 elite receivers in the league at a given time or there could be 0 or 1. Let's say it's a weak period for NFL WRs, whoever is the best of the mediocre doesn't automatically make him "elite" in my eyes. On the other hand, there seem to be quite a few great to elite receivers playing the game right now. Calvin, Dez, AB, Green, Beckham, Nelson, Hilton, Jones, DT, and quite a few others are all considered to be excellent WRs. Some will call that entire group "elite", and it's hard to disagree with many of them depending on your definition of the word.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 12:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is one of them Marvin Jones?  Because he'd be our next man up, wouldn't he?

This year, but we have at least 2 more years with Green. and I'm sure he'll get he extension. Brown will pay his receivers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 10:26 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: How many teams paying big money at WR get deep in the playoffs? 

[Image: CJ-0DE8WwAAn5Ot.jpg]

Paying big money at WR can sometimes be a fools errand. 

History lends itself to not spending big at WR. 
The talent at WR is ridiculous thanks to the new rules.

The front office won't care about this, A.J.'s their biggest star, they won't let him get away. And that's fine.

But if we need to improve the QB position, I can't think of a better asset to use and accomplish that.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 12:21 PM)Stormborn Wrote: The front office won't care about this, A.J.'s their biggest star, they won't let him get away. And that's fine.

But if we need to improve the QB position, I can't think of a better asset to use and accomplish that.

The ONLY way I'd be okay with dealing A.J. in any capacity would be to get a top QB out of the deal, which would never happen.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 12:23 PM)djs7685 Wrote: The ONLY way I'd be okay with dealing A.J. in any capacity would be to get a top QB out of the deal, which would never happen.

I was thinking getting a top draft pick and getting one there. A.J. for top 10 pick.

Current WR for current QB trade would not fly.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 12:14 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Show us some rankings then. A simple google search isn't bringing me much other than garbage Fantasy Football rankings. I can't see to find many actual positional rankings outside of random blog sites that have no credibility. You seem to have a ton of links, so let's see them.

Also, "elite" is arguing semantics. You claim it's top 5, I disagree. There can be 30 elite receivers in the league at a given time or there could be 0 or 1. Let's say it's a weak period for NFL WRs, whoever is the best of the mediocre doesn't automatically make him "elite" in my eyes. On the other hand, there seem to be quite a few great to elite receivers playing the game right now. Calvin, Dez, AB, Green, Beckham, Nelson, Hilton, Jones, DT, and quite a few others are all considered to be excellent WRs. Some will call that entire group "elite", and it's hard to disagree with many of them depending on your definition of the word.

They are all opinions. But folks use these "opinions" to validate Dalton as a bum. Why can't these "opinions" be valid fro Green? I'd keep posting them, but I'm thinking you guys just think I'm trying to slam Green and I'm not. I just don't think he gets the elite status he did in 2012 across the league any longer. I think there has been a boom of wideout talent that has come out or has emerged since 2012 that has knocked AJ down some. Any link I give will be attacked as opinion, so I'll drop it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 12:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: They are all opinions. But folks use these "opinions" to validate Dalton as a bum. Why can't these "opinions" be valid fro Green? I'd keep posting them, but I'm thinking you guys just think I'm trying to slam Green and I'm not. I just don't think he gets the elite status he did in 2012 across the league any longer. I think there has been a boom of wideout talent that has come out or has emerged since 2012 that has knocked AJ down some. Any link I give will be attacked as opinion, so I'll drop it.

No, I'm just curious to see these links since I can't seem to find any in my searches.

Please provide them, I'd like to see who is saying it and what they're basing their rankings on. I can't seem to find much of anything that isn't Fantasy Football related or a no-name blogger.
Reply/Quote
"SOME" of the best WR in the league arguably... Megatron, Bryant, Bryant, Thomas, Green, Marshall, Nelson, Jones

So, without getting into a hissy fit over who the best WRs in the league CURRENTLY... the above is a list of guys that have gotten paid or are about to get paid and are considered 'elite'. Out of those 'elite' #1 WR who has a Super Bowl ring?

Jordy Nelson.

3 years 13.35 mil. They gave him that contract after he torched the pathetic and old Steelers secondary for 9 rec for 140 and a TD in a SB winning performance.

If A.J. won't take something like that or less.... buh bye.

This isn't Washington where the idiot owner just throws money at stars and tries to win off FA acquisitions and overpaying for 'stars' to fill seats. How is that strategy working out for Danny boy and the Skintardz? Oh yeah, they've been an embarrassment for the past decade plus.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 01:06 PM)Ben Richards Wrote: "SOME" of the best WR in the league arguably...  Megatron, Bryant, Bryant, Thomas, Green, Marshall, Nelson, Jones

So, without getting into a hissy fit over who the best WRs in the league CURRENTLY... the above is a list of guys that have gotten paid or are about to get paid and are considered 'elite'.  Out of those 'elite' #1 WR who has a Super Bowl ring?

Jordy Nelson.

3 years 13.35 mil.  They gave him that contract after he torched the pathetic and old Steelers secondary for 9 rec for 140 and a TD in a SB winning performance.

This isn't Washington where the idiot owner just throws money at stars and tries to win off FA acquisitions and overpaying for 'stars' to fill seats.  How is that strategy working out for Danny boy and the Skintardz?  Oh yeah, they've been an embarrassment for the past decade plus.
[Image: Dont-Feed-The-Troll-Gif.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 01:06 PM)Ben Richards Wrote: "This isn't Washington where the idiot owner just throws money at stars and tries to win off FA acquisitions and overpaying for 'stars' to fill seats.  How is that strategy working out for Danny boy and the Skintardz?  Oh yeah, they've been an embarrassment for the past decade plus.

I agree.  Signing a great player we drafted TOTALLY makes us a team that overpays for high-profile low-production free agents! 

If we keep AJ we are the Foreskins
If we fire Marvin we are the Browns
If we replace Andy we are also the Browns
If we sign FA's we are the Bucs

What can we possibly do to not turn into a god-awful team!??!?!   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 12:21 PM)Stormborn Wrote: The front office won't care about this, A.J.'s their biggest star, they won't let him get away. And that's fine.

I think you underestimate the new front office.  Maybe they learned something from not letting Ocho Stinko runaway to the Skintardz when he flirted with leaving CIN.  

My feeling is that it will be hard for A.J. to WANT to leave CIN.  I don't see him as some kind of moron wanting to get paid.  

Now, if a team that has a roster like CIN or better comes knocking... and they offer up a shitload of money.... I could see him bolting. 

Hypothetically, let's say IND offers him more money than CIN, if I were A.J. I would go.  Perhaps something terrible happens to Jordy Nelson out in GB.  Would you leave CIN for GB?  Would you rather catch passes from Rodgers or Dalton?   

A.J. isn't leaving CIN for a shit team like CLE, WAS, OAK, SF, CHI, DEN, KC, STL, HOU, NYJ, MIA, BUF, DET, MIN, ATL, TB, NO and a few others.  He is smarter than that, but.... there are 'good' teams that could lure him away.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 12:23 PM)djs7685 Wrote: The ONLY way I'd be okay with dealing A.J. in any capacity would be to get a top QB out of the deal, which would never happen.

We should have moved Andy and drafted Teddy....
That was our chance. 
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 01:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What can we possibly do to not turn into a god-awful team!??!?!   Ninja

For starters, they could not act like their neighbor and handout money, like they have the Yankees payroll to appease homers like you, to 'stars' like Votto, Bruce, Phillips, and Bailey.

How is that working out for the Reds?  Oh yeah, they are buried in the NL Central.  Good luck with that mess.  
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 01:14 PM)djs7685 Wrote: (insert gif) cuz I am not clever enough to come up with anything myself

Your well timed gifs are always cute Batman.  I might have to lock you away in Ignoram Asylum if you keep it up.  Grow up.  Sorry that I pants'd you in the forums.  Move on, jerk. 
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 02:04 PM)Ben Richards Wrote: Your well timed gifs are always cute Batman.  I might have to lock you away in Ignoram Asylum if you keep it up.  Grow up.  Sorry that I pants'd you in the forums.  Move on, jerk. 

You're a complete turd and a troll. There's not one person here that agrees with your constant trolling bullshit. WTF does "pants'd" even mean? You think you had the upper hand in ANY of our arguments? Hah, multiple people came into the threads and destroyed your stupid notion of bashing a Hall of Fame QB, I don't see how you could conjure up that you "pants'd" anybody on here at any point. You're a nothing, you're a troll, you're a joke.

Jordy Nelson compiled an always impressive 1,268 yards and 6 TDs over THREE YEARS before receiving his 3 year/13 million contract. That's not even to realize that it was 5 years ago with the salary cap increasing which means contracts increase as well, especially for upper tier players.

I'm sorry that I didn't feel it was required to point out how utterly stupid it is to compare Nelson's production early in his career to what A.J. Green has done in Cincinnati, which would obviously warrant a VERY different contract.

You can pull your pants back up now, douche bag.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 12:14 PM)djs7685 Wrote:  On the other hand, there seem to be quite a few great to elite receivers playing the game right now. Calvin, Dez, AB, Green, Beckham, Nelson, Hilton, Jones, DT, and quite a few others are all considered to be excellent WRs. Some will call that entire group "elite", and it's hard to disagree with many of them depending on your definition of the word.

Seems you agree on my analysis that they are 'elite' WRs, douche bag.  But hey, guess they aren't comparable because ole Batman was talking about the salary cap and years prior when money wasn't durrrrr hurrrrrrrrr.  Move along, jerk.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 01:06 PM)Ben Richards Wrote: Jordy Nelson.

3 years 13.35 mil.  They gave him that contract after he torched the pathetic and old Steelers secondary for 9 rec for 140 and a TD in a SB winning performance.

This isn't Washington where the idiot owner just throws money at stars and tries to win off FA acquisitions and overpaying for 'stars' to fill seats.  How is that strategy working out for Danny boy and the Skintardz?  Oh yeah, they've been an embarrassment for the past decade plus.

(07-16-2015, 02:27 PM)Ben Richards Wrote: Seems you agree on my analysis that they are 'elite' WRs, douche bag.  But hey, guess they aren't comparable because ole Batman was talking about the salary cap and years prior when money wasn't durrrrr hurrrrrrrrr.  Move along, jerk.

They are, douche bag. I never said they weren't comparable, I said Jordy Nelson's FIRST post-rookie contract 5 years ago after putting up 1,200 yards in 3 seasons isn't comparable to what literally any NFL team would pay A.J. Green in the year 2015/2016 after what he's done in the league over his rookie contract.

I mean, is this seriously THAT difficult to follow along with? I know that you're not bright, but this is taking it to another level.

Just admit that you're a complete fool for trying to say that A.J. should be offered Jordy Nelson's 2010 contract or else they should let him walk. It's not comparable whatsoever, I don't know how you missed my point even though I laid it out perfectly clear for you. You're either admitting that you're stupid for not getting it or else you're stupid for suggesting that he should be offered Nelson's contract 5 years ago when he was a role player. Either way, you're still stupid, congrats!
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 02:37 PM)djs7685 Wrote:  for suggesting that he should be offered Nelson's contract 5 years ago when he was a role player. 

Nelson was a role player?  Wow.  

I'm done posting with you, idiot.  Ignoram Asylum has a new prisoner!!!

Go piss and dick measure with someone wgaf what you think.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 02:56 PM)Ben Richards Wrote: Nelson was a role player?  Wow.  

I'm done posting with you, idiot.  Ignoram Asylum has a new prisoner!!!

Go piss and dick measure with someone wgaf what you think.

1. Umm...yeah, he was. Is there anything wrong with being a role player for the first few years of your professional career? Did you even watch football a few years ago? He played a limited number of snaps, bounced around in the different WR spots, put up okay production for his role, but he wasn't one of the main targets in GB for his first 3-4 years. I don't know why that just made you go off the wall in many levels of butthurt. Why does Jordy Nelson not playing a lot and being a role player in his first 3 years make you this upset? That's very strange.

2. I hope you realize that it makes you look like a little ***** when you put somebody on ignore just because they're more witty than you and debunk your dumb arguments. I can see you kicking your dog across the room right now in a fit of rage. GRRRRRR JORDY NELSON WASN'T A ROLE PLAYER EVEN THOUGH HE WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote