Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ Green for Jalen Ramsey?
Hold off on your venom for just a moment.

I love AJ Green and I believe the Bengals will want him to be a Bengal for life and go in to the Hall of Fame a Bengal.

However, Ramsey is a rare talent with a ton of attitude to go with it. Some people have been saying that is what (well, one of the many things) is lacking on defense. He is due a new contract, but the Bengals could afford it with releasing Dre (or maybe getting a pick for him in a trade, but I wouldn't expect much) and not paying Green.

Would the team not be better with Ramsey over Green?

Now, you would be trading a first-class individual for someone who acts like a punk. I thought of this idea on another thread and decided to post it as a singular idea because I am curious what the board would think.

Personally, I would consider the deal. Nice guys finish last and we have done enough of that. Ramsey replacing Dre makes a huge impact immediately on the defense. Maybe we should just offer the first round pick the Jags supposedly want? It will likely be a fairly high pick. That way you replace Dre with Ramsey and keep Green but lose your first rounder.

Would Ramsey want to play here? It isn't like the Bengals are lighting up the league, either.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 08:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hold off on your venom for just a moment.

I love AJ Green and I believe the Bengals will want him to be a Bengal for life and go in to the Hall of Fame a Bengal.

However, Ramsey is a rare talent with a ton of attitude to go with it.  Some people have been saying that is what (well, one of the many things) is lacking on defense.  He is due a new contract, but the Bengals could afford it with releasing Dre (or maybe getting a pick for him in a trade, but I wouldn't expect much) and not paying Green.

Now, you would be trading a first-class individual for someone who acts like a punk.  I thought of this idea on another thread and decided to post it as a singular idea because I am curious what the board would think.

Personally, I would consider the deal.  Nice guys finish last and we have done enough of that.  Ramsey replacing Dre makes a huge impact immediately on the defense.  Maybe we should just offer the first round pick the Jags supposedly want?  It will likely be a fairly high pick.  That way you replace Dre with Ramsey and keep Green but lose your first rounder.  

Would Ramsey want to play here?  It isn't like the Bengals are lighting up the league, either.  

Thoughts?

Not for Green, but I would do Dre and a first rounder in a heartbeat.  With the way the Bengals draft there are no guarantees in any round so Ramsey would essentially be your first round pick.  Heck, I think he is only about 24 years old where Dre is approaching 30 so it would really be a nice trade.

You could then go OL or LB in round 2.  And maybe, just maybe, the dingbats can pick up a quality free agent for once - instead of picking up past-their-prime big names from the scrap heap.

The only negative would be he and AJ would have to mend fences.  There's some bad blood there.
Reply/Quote
Nah... Gimme an OT in the first round next year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
No

Reply/Quote
Its not even worth it for the Bengals to trade for Ramsey. They need so many more pieces. If they were closer, then sure - go ahead and do it. But its pretty pointless from where they are at a talent level right now.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Do you really think the Jags would trade one of the top CB's in the league at age 24 for a 31 year old WR who has been injury prone for the last few years? C'mon man.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 10:15 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Do you really think the Jags would trade one of the top CB's in the league at age 24 for a 31 year old WR who has been injury prone for the last few years? C'mon man.

and hows AJ gonna help when their QB is out and AJ isn't even field ready yet
Reply/Quote

However, Ramsey is a rare talent with a ton of attitude to go with it.  Some people have been saying that is what (well, one of the many things) is lacking on defense.  He is due a new contract, but the Bengals could afford it with releasing Dre (or maybe getting a pick for him in a trade, but I wouldn't expect much) and not paying Green.

Now, you would be trading a first-class individual for someone who acts like a punk.  I thought of this idea on another thread and decided to post it as a singular idea because I am curious what the board would think.

Personally, I would consider the deal.  Nice guys finish last and we have done enough of that.  Ramsey replacing Dre makes a huge impact immediately on the defense.  Maybe we should just offer the first round pick the Jags supposedly want?  It will likely be a fairly high pick.  That way you replace Dre with Ramsey and keep Green but lose your first rounder.  

Would Ramsey want to play here?  It isn't like the Bengals are lighting up the league, either.  

Thoughts?

If AJ isn't playing, then he probably can't pass the physical in order to be traded.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 10:47 AM)Whatever Wrote: If AJ isn't playing, then he probably can't pass the physical in order to be traded.

If you can sell houses & cars "as is", I'm sure the Bengals can pull a "as is" trade.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
No. Ramsey is a Cancer, ala Antonio Brown.
Reply/Quote
I think the Jags would want more with Green in the last year of his contract and 31.
Reply/Quote
I'd be willing to trade anything other than a first round pick or Atkins.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 12:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'd be willing to trade anything other than a first round pick or Atkins.

I just doubt Ramsey would be happy here.
Reply/Quote
Taylor goes on and on about having character guys, I seriously doubt he wants the AB or Ramsey types on his team.

Reply/Quote
IF I were looking to trade AJ Green...I'd be looking at the 49ers.

Something like AJ and Billy Price to the 49ers for their 1st Round pick and Laken Tomlinson.

We'd get a 1st Round pick and a pretty good Guard.
Reply/Quote
1.) We're good at Corner for the most part maybe get rid of Webb but we have a good guy in Phillips to replace him.
2.) AJ has. Value here. If we trade Dalton then the next Rookie QB could use him if we keep Dalton then we already know they have good chemistry.
3.) We would probably have to give up an early Rd pick as well. So that's a hell no for me considering we don't spend much in free agency.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 01:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF I were looking to trade AJ Green...I'd be looking at the 49ers.

Something like AJ and Billy Price to the 49ers for their 1st Round pick and Laken Tomlinson.

We'd get a 1st Round pick and a pretty good Guard.

No one is giving up a 1st round pick for a 31 year old WR who has been injury prone. People love to throw around unrealistic trades on this board. I'd jump on this in a second, but the niners would laugh at that offer. 
Reply/Quote

Thoughts?
why in the **** would ramsey want to come here??? 

Reply/Quote
Yes an aging AJ Green for a younger Ramsey I would do all day but only if a new contract could be negotiated first
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Well supposedly 2 teams have already offered up a 1st round pick. So that's where I'd start as well, with out giving up AJ Green.

However, our 1st round pick will be higher than those 2 others, so there is that, but right now. I'd wait another year for him to be a FA and then chase him down. We just have to many holes to fill and he's not gonna turn us into a Play off contender over night.
Reply/Quote