Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ Green for Jalen Ramsey?
(09-19-2019, 10:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You guys are crazy to want to give up our 1st Round pick which may be Top 5 for Ramsey who is a free agent after next season and will likely want a HUGE contract. And he probably won't want to be here.

The contract won't be any bigger than what AJ would get, and he is a top 3 CB and is in the prime of his career.  Of course you would give up a guess first rounder for that.  It's a proven commodity. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 09:43 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

Did you guys miss last year's draft?  You would use a (likely) high first rounder on a RT?  
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 07:22 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dre is good?

And I didn't offer the other early round pick.  My hypothetical was AJ for Ramsey...

Yes Dre is a good #2 corner and 2ndly you should have because that's the only way the trade makes any sense for the Jaguars.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 07:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: A first round pick for a RT?  Doesn't make a lot of sense.  

Having a line as bad as ours makes less sense. Value and all the rest of that needs to go out the door. They certainly aren't gonna sign anybody that can play.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 07:27 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Did you guys miss last year's draft?  You would use a (likely) high first rounder on a RT?  

In a heartbeat... Probably want a G in the second.

Enough is enough with this O line.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 08:22 PM)jason Wrote: Having a line as bad as ours makes less sense. Value and all the rest of that needs to go out the door. They certainly aren't gonna sign anybody that can play.

(09-20-2019, 08:24 PM)jason Wrote: In a heartbeat... Probably want a G in the second.

Enough is enough with this O line.

Agreed;  if you improve the Offensive line this offense is probably a top 5 unit. If you improve the secondary it doesn't move the needle on Defense. We need a lB more than a CB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 08:22 PM)jason Wrote: Having a line as bad as ours makes less sense. Value and all the rest of that needs to go out the door. They certainly aren't gonna sign anybody that can play.

Which is the issue. When you have as many holes as us, you can't fill them through the draft.

Who is starting this year? Well MJ...and he has been bad.

Now, Jonah obviously got injured and we think he would be playing well. But, we've had A LOT of 1st Round picks injured over the years.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 10:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: and hows AJ gonna help when their QB is out and AJ isn't even field ready yet

It Work For Kevin Durant(ula)

I would say trade AJ before it's too late, historically speaking he's probably had his best years at WR. Get some value...
Reply/Quote
Word is Baltimore offered a 1st, a 2nd, and TE Hayden Hurst for Ramsey.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I think we’re 2-1 if we had AJ.

His importance to this team is clear as day.

Reply/Quote
He would have helped no doubt.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 10:08 AM)Synric Wrote: Word is Baltimore offered a 1st, a 2nd, and TE Hayden Hurst for Ramsey.

Jacksonville is stupid if they didn't take that offer. Jalen Ramsey isn't really on the trading block.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:54 PM)jason Wrote: Jacksonville is stupid if they didn't take that offer. Jalen Ramsey isn't really on the trading block.

If his gripe is with Coughlin, they probably just assured him they were going to drop him off at the old folks' home after the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If his gripe is with Coughlin, they probably just assured him they were going to drop him off at the old folks' home after the season.

"Seriously Jalen... How many more tomorrows do you think this guy has in him?"

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 10:08 AM)Synric Wrote: Word is Baltimore offered a 1st, a 2nd, and TE Hayden Hurst for Ramsey.

Watching NFLN, I thought that I saw that Jags Mgt. officially said that they're not looking to trade Ramsey?  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well, since Ramsey is the one who got his ass kicked in that scuffle, I'd say he'd fit right in as a Bengal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Jalen Ramsey is a talent, no doubt. He also seems to have the type of personality (on field/in lockeroom) that could become a real problem...

IF AJ was traded, a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick is necessary. Or better yet, some big bodied, high talented OT....
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote