Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ Green for Jalen Ramsey?
Boo this man.
Reply/Quote
AJ wouldn’t pass a physical right now so a trade wouldn’t even be possible.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 09:27 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Its not even worth it for the Bengals to trade for Ramsey. They need so many more pieces. If they were closer, then sure - go ahead and do it. But its pretty pointless from where they are at a talent level right now.

Yes, they need pieces. If a potential HOF CB could be had long term (contract negotiated ahead of time), there are few if any draft picks in 2020 that will be better.

Ramsey could take our defense to the next level. He is a stud and would be the best player on our team immediately. They need to start somewhere.

But more so, it would how the team and show this city MB is in it to win right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I would trade for Corey Littleton before Ramsey?
AJ Green + 3rd for Littleton & Reynolds
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
He won't come here

I don't want someone who whines to get off a team.

If we don't get first or second draft pick and basically have to take a QB, its pretty obvious that next draft has to focus on o line and they need to sign a couple of stud LBs in free agency.

If that means letting AJ walk- I hate to say it because he is one of the top 5 Bengals ever and a fine young man- we need to let him walk.

Team will never come close to being competitive unless the o line and LBs are seriously upgraded. They have to spend draft picks and money on those areas next year or fan base and team will implode- if that does not happen this year.
Reply/Quote
I dont believe Ramsey would be happy in Cincy and would likely say no to the trade. Even if the Jags forced it Ramsey would jump ship in 2 years when his contracts up (3 with franchise tag). The draft capital the Bengals would have to give up to get him wouldnt be worth it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'd have no problem trading our 1st round pick for a proven, definite upgrade player. Our recent history of production from 1st round picks is simply atrocious. Isn't Dennard a free agent again after this season? They may look to draft a CB round 1 next year anyway.

I'm not saying it has to be for Ramsey or that he is what we need at the moment, but a player that comes in and produces Day 1 from our 1st round pick would be so much better than what has happened the last several seasons.

If we continue our normal protocol of only signing cheap free agents who won't cost us a compensatory pick, our draft picks are all we're going to be able to use to bring in talent. That includes through trades.
Reply/Quote
I would give up a first rounder,ditch Dre,and keep Green in a nanosecond.
Reply/Quote
You guys are crazy to want to give up our 1st Round pick which may be Top 5 for Ramsey who is a free agent after next season and will likely want a HUGE contract. And he probably won't want to be here.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 09:10 AM)jason Wrote: Nah... Gimme an OT in the first round next year.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 10:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You guys are crazy to want to give up our 1st Round pick which may be Top 5 for Ramsey who is a free agent after next season and will likely want a HUGE contract. And he probably won't want to be here.

Even if it's not a top 5 pick... We need our first for an OT next year. CB isn't a huge need on this team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 02:08 PM)jason Wrote: Even if it's not a top 5 pick... We need our first for an OT next year. CB isn't a huge need on this team.

Can we trade for a competent Defensive Coordinator and LB?

That would be quite the upgrade!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 10:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You guys are crazy to want to give up our 1st Round pick which may be Top 5 for Ramsey who is a free agent after next season and will likely want a HUGE contract. And he probably won't want to be here.

They are asking for two 1st round picks. So at the very least it will be a 1st and second.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 04:27 PM)Synric Wrote: They are asking for two 1st round picks. So at the very least it will be a 1st and second.

Now, IF I was a team like the Patriots...I'd probably do this trade.

Their 1st is late. They'd have 2 shutdown corners. Get him on a rookie deal for 2 seasons.

Then, who cares if you retain him? Win possibly 2 SB's. When Brady leaves, the SB magic goes too.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 04:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Now, IF I was a team like the Patriots...I'd probably do this trade.

Their 1st is late. They'd have 2 shutdown corners. Get him on a rookie deal for 2 seasons.

Then, who cares if you retain him? Win possibly 2 SB's. When Brady leaves, the SB magic goes too.

Lol If the Patriots make a big trade like that it will be for an offensive tackle. They have Marshall Newhouse as their starting Left Tackle.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 08:57 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Not for Green, but I would do Dre and a first rounder in a heartbeat.  With the way the Bengals draft there are no guarantees in any round so Ramsey would essentially be your first round pick.  Heck, I think he is only about 24 years old where Dre is approaching 30 so it would really be a nice trade.

You could then go OL or LB in round 2.  And maybe, just maybe, the dingbats can pick up a quality free agent for once - instead of picking up past-their-prime big names from the scrap heap.

The only negative would be he and AJ would have to mend fences.  There's some bad blood there.

True, but I would imagine even AJ would admit that in the competitive environment of football that Ramsey won because he got in AJ's head.  If Antonio Brown and Burfict can be friends....although that didn't last long.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 09:10 AM)jason Wrote: Nah... Gimme an OT in the first round next year.

A first round pick for a RT?  Doesn't make a lot of sense.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 10:15 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Do you really think the Jags would trade one of the top CB's in the league at age 24 for a 31 year old WR who has been injury prone for the last few years? C'mon man.

Owners want to win, and they also want to sell tickets.   Jags have not had an offensive weapon like Green in a long time. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 12:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the Jags would want more with Green in the last year of his contract and 31.

Ramsey is heading toward the last year of his deal as well...the money would be a relative wash.  Their defense is solid.  Their offense isn't.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 02:09 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 1.) We're good at Corner for the most part maybe get rid of Webb but we have a good guy in Phillips to replace him.
2.) AJ has. Value here. If we trade Dalton then the next Rookie QB could use him if we keep Dalton then we already know they have good chemistry.
3.) We would probably have to give up an early Rd pick as well. So that's a hell no for me considering we don't spend much in free agency.

Dre is good?

And I didn't offer the other early round pick.  My hypothetical was AJ for Ramsey...
Reply/Quote