Coming into the Steelers game I think AJ Green really
Needs to give this offense and franchise a real
Jolt of dynamics to give us a chance.

Boyd is going to be extra pumped playing in front his
Hometown of sorts. Higgins is emerging.
Auden Tate is getting more involved.

But AJ needs to have a outing that says I CAN STILL
BE A PLAYMAKER!!

Years past AJ has always came up clutch vs the Steelers.
He needs to be targeted in the red zone more than once.
He needs one of those 50 yd plus plays to send the Steelers
A,message.

Joe Haden is usually locked up on Green. Haden has gotten the
Upperhand on Green when he was a Brown.

Burrow needs to make a effort to get AJ involved early and often.
Dont even think about Sample. He doesnt scare Pittsburgh at all.

If Green scores I think the Bengals win. What a confidence boost
Going foward.
Reply/Quote
I really don’t think we need him anymore. Higgins is providing all the big plays Green used to and Boyd is clutch as always. Tate provides that big body for tough third downs.
Reply/Quote
I agree but I just don’t think it happens. As you said, Haden historically does well on Green and while he is still playing high level football, Green is obviously hobbled. I think it will come down to how well Higgins can produce; I think Higgins may see more of Haden than Green will.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 01:53 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I agree but I just don’t think it happens. As you said, Haden historically does well on Green and while he is still playing high level football, Green is obviously hobbled. I think it will come down to how well Higgins can produce; I think Higgins may see more of Haden than Green will.

I think if Green reaches the end zone it will really put a surge and spark through this team on Sunday 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 01:44 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Coming into the Steelers game I think AJ Green really

BE A PLAYMAKER!!

A,message.

Going foward.

The Steelers run more 5 man fronts than any other team in the NFL so by splitting Sample out in 4 receiver sets it has a benefit of forcing Bud Dupree or TJ Watt into man coverage. That is matchups the Bengals can take advantage and gets one of the Steelers pass rushers off the Line.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd love to see AJ be even back to 2/3rds his former self but I doubt it's gonna happen against the Steelers. We're gonna need receivers who can win one on one in the short to medium passing game and that's not AJ's game.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 02:10 PM)Synric Wrote: The Steelers run more 5 man fronts than any other team in the NFL so by splitting Sample out in 4 receiver sets it has a benefit of forcing Bud Dupree or TJ Watt into man coverage. That is matchups the Bengals can take advantage and gets one of the Steelers pass rushers off the Line.

I think Keith Butler eould then have a saftey come down 
And cover Sample thus trusting Watt or Dupree can win their 
Battle forcing Burrow to throw before he really wants to.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 01:44 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Burrow needs to make a effort to get AJ involved early and often.

I'd love for AJ to get involved, and to produce a vintage AJ performance.

That said, I disagree about Burrow making an effort to do so.  If he's open then great, feed him the ball.  But I wouldn't go out of the way to target him.

I think forcing the ball to AJ has hurt us at times.  The first Cleveland game we tartgeted him 13 times, and he only caught 3 of them.  For the year, he's under 50% on receptions per targtes, which is well below his career average.

Up until this point, AJ Green has shown virtually nothing in ability to make a tough catch.  And he's shown even less down the field.  For whatver reason, he's just not going up to meet the ball.  What he has provided is basically that of a possession receiver. Yet we keep trying to use him down the field, and it NEVER works. I'd use him for what he's shown he can still do; underneath routes and on the sidelines, 10 yards and in.

Like I said, if he's open and he's the best option, get him the ball.  But I'm really not sure what he provides beyond what Auden Tate does.  And, in fact, Tate can go up and make some plays that AJ hasn't.  So I'm not getting my hopes up that AJ Green is going to throw up a 9 catch, 125 yard game any time soon.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 02:14 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think Keith Butler eould then have a saftey come down 
And cover Sample thus trusting Watt or Dupree can win their 
Battle forcing Burrow to throw before he really wants to.

The Cowboys did exactly what I suggested Sunday at times.

Also if the Steelers drop a safety down it would mean cover 1 man with 1 on 1 matchups and open them up to shots down the sideline and crossers in the middle. Reallly win win for the Bengals.

What the Bengals cannot do it use tight 2 TE formations which play to the Steelers defense strength. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 02:20 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'd love for AJ to get involved, and to produce a vintage AJ performance.

That said, I disagree about Burrow making an effort to do so.  If he's open then great, feed him the ball.  But I wouldn't go out of the way to target him.

I think forcing the ball to AJ has hurt us at times.  The first Cleveland game we tartgeted him 13 times, and he only caught 3 of them.  For the year, he's under 50% on receptions per targtes, which is well below his career average.

Up until this point, AJ Green has shown virtually nothing in ability to make a tough catch.  And he's shown even less down the field.  For whatver reason, he's just not going up to meet the ball.  What he has provided is basically that of a possession receiver.  Yet we keep trying to use him down the field, and it NEVER works.  I'd use him for what he's shown he can still do; underneath routes and on the sidelines, 10 yards and in.

Like I said, if he's open and he's the best option, get him the ball.  But I'm really not sure what he provides beyond what Auden Tate does.  And, in fact, Tate can go up and make some plays that AJ hasn't.  So I'm not getting my hopes up that AJ Green is going to throw up a 9 catch, 125 yard game any time soon.

I think.in.that Cleveland game Denzel Ward was on Green.
At that time Higgins wasnt even featured as he is now.
But now will AJ even.draw the Steelers best cover CB?
Is that Haden or Cameron Sutton?
I just dont want to see Burrow going to Green on those all or 
Nothing boundry throws. It hasnt worked all year.

I think sending Green on a skinny post vs single high coverage 
Could be a big gainer. I know AJ has another big game left in him. Couldnt come at a better time this weekend 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 01:44 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Coming into the Steelers game I think AJ Green really

BE A PLAYMAKER!!

A,message.

Going foward.

Would I take the AJ of old? Absolutely.

Do I think he is still anywhere near that player?  Sadly, no.  

The steelers DBs are always very grabby, and that frustrates Green.  Instead of fighting through it like Boyd, Higgins, and even Tate have shown, Green tends to give up and throw up his hands expecting a flag.  Believe me, it isn't going to be thrown against the steelers if you can't get it against the Chargers.
Reply/Quote

BE A PLAYMAKER!!

A,message.

Going foward.

Sure would be awesome if AJ did have a great game, I just don't see it. Haden has owned AJ when he was in his prime.

Tee, Boyd and Tate could tear them up if Burrow has time though. Haden might move to Tee though freeing up AJ...
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 02:04 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think if Green reaches the end zone it will really put a surge and spark through this team on Sunday 

Only if he reaches the end zone with the ball. Plenty reach the end zone.
Reply/Quote

BE A PLAYMAKER!!

A,message.

Going foward.
I think you have your AJ rose colored glasses on. AJ really hasn't done jack against Piitsburgh. In fact he pretty much disappears in these type of games. As for Sample, he could very well be a weapon, but he will be doing a lot chipping to slow down these DEs.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 04:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think you have your AJ rose colored glasses on. AJ really hasn't done jack against Piitsburgh. In fact he pretty much disappears in these type of games. As for Sample, he could very well be a weapon, but he will be doing a lot chipping to slow down these DEs.

I probally.do. But he has had some big moments vs the Steelers
In.the past.
I have yet to.see Sample really look.like a weapon.
Hes been.reliable on.check downs but thats the extent of it.as
A matter of fact the Bengals have the worst stable of TEs in the AFC. I would love to see Sample get in the end zone this weekend but Im.not holding my breath.
He just isnt a viable threat in.that part of the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 04:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think you have your AJ rose colored glasses on. AJ really hasn't done jack against Piitsburgh. In fact he pretty much disappears in these type of games. As for Sample, he could very well be a weapon, but he will be doing a lot chipping to slow down these DEs.

Completely untrue.

AJ should have had the game winning TD against Pittsburgh in playoffs.

In 2018 he had a 2 TD game vs them in 23-20 loss.

In 2017 he had a 77 yard 2 TD game.

In 2015 he had a 118 yard 1 TD game, and a 132 yard 1 TD game.

In 2014 he had a 11 rec 224 yard 1 TD game.

In 2013 he had a 93 yard game.

In 2012 he had a 10 rec 116 yard game.

In 2011 he had a 87 yard 1 TD game.

Reply/Quote
AJs passed it at this point sadly. Injuries have caught up and he’s a shell of his former self. I don’t expect any impact from him the rest of this season and I don’t expect him back next year because he’s one of the all-time Bengal greats.

Butlers gonna have his DBs clutching and grabbing AJ all game and he doesn’t do well against that.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 06:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Completely untrue.

AJ should have had the game winning TD against Pittsburgh in playoffs.

In 2018 he had a 2 TD game vs them in 23-20 loss.

In 2017 he had a 77 yard 2 TD game.

In 2015 he had a 118 yard 1 TD game, and a 132 yard 1 TD game.

In 2014 he had a 11 rec 224 yard 1 TD game.

In 2013 he had a 93 yard game.

In 2012 he had a 10 rec 116 yard game.

In 2011 he had a 87 yard 1 TD game.
That's funny, because if someone would have said Dalton had a hand in that, you'd be crapping yourself... Cool
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 10:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That's funny, because if someone would have said Dalton had a hand in that, you'd be crapping yourself... Cool

I thought only the “haters” bring Dalton up for no reason...

Anyway, you were wrong. AJ clearly had a bunch of good games vs the Steelers. You could have just admitted you were wrong, and moved on.

Reply/Quote
I certainly missed all of this Joe Haden owning AJ Green when he was with the Browns.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote