Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green needs to rise to the occasion this weekend
(11-11-2020, 04:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think you have your AJ rose colored glasses on. AJ really hasn't done jack against Piitsburgh. In fact he pretty much disappears in these type of games. As for Sample, he could very well be a weapon, but he will be doing a lot chipping to slow down these DEs.

Not really. He has 8 TDs against the Steelers, four 100 yard games and one 200 yard game against them. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I hope AJ can contribute, I'm just not counting on it.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 01:53 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I agree but I just don’t think it happens. As you said, Haden historically does well on Green and while he is still playing high level football, Green is obviously hobbled. I think it will come down to how well Higgins can produce; I think Higgins may see more of Haden than Green will.

I think the Steelers will start to sleep on Green.

Burrow is the best quarterback that AJ has ever played with and, with no offseason, I just don't think that they're gelling yet.

I think AJ can perform if he has the motivation, but I just don't think it's been there for whatever reason.

First play from scrimmage, AJ deep on a play-action pass!  That will get him and the team fired up!
Reply/Quote
Green is done.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 01:26 AM)Wyche Wrote: Green is done.

I agree

He's lost a step or more and that makes his targets even more contested and he's never been a physical receiver anyways so....

And it really seems he's being very cautious not wanting to risk another injury so yes he is done IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 01:44 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Coming into the Steelers game I think AJ Green really
Needs to give this offense and franchise a real
Jolt of dynamics to give us a chance.

Boyd is going to be extra pumped playing in front his
Hometown of sorts. Higgins is emerging.
Auden Tate is getting more involved.

But AJ needs to have a outing that says I CAN STILL
BE A PLAYMAKER!!

Years past AJ has always came up clutch vs the Steelers.
He needs to be targeted in the red zone more than once.
He needs one of those 50 yd plus plays to send the Steelers
A,message.

Joe Haden is usually locked up on Green. Haden has gotten the
Upperhand on Green when he was a Brown.

Burrow needs to make a effort to get AJ involved early and often.
Dont even think about Sample. He doesnt scare Pittsburgh at all.

If Green scores I think the Bengals win. What a confidence boost
Going foward.

I suspect that Pittsburgh will rush 5 as a general rule in this game. I just don't see them sitting back. It is the OL that needs to out play itself this week or it will be Baltimore all over again, except possibly worse.

I know the OL played well in the last game, but that was the last game and this is a new game against a rush happy opponent and not a rush lacking one like the Titans.

This game is a measuring stick to see how far Zac Taylor has come, if he has gone anywhere at all. Last season Pittsburgh blew out the Bengals with Hodges at QB, then beat them against with another backup QB. This is game 3 in Taylor versus Pittsburgh.

Only one win in the division over the last one and a half seasons is the mark on Taylor's resume. It is Taylor and the coaching staff who need to step up in this game and scheme to player strengths, something they've done poorly in the 24 games since they arrived.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 11:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not really. He has 8 TDs against the Steelers, four 100 yard games and one 200 yard game against them. 

Ya but how many games? How many resulted in wins?? 3?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 01:26 AM)Wyche Wrote: Green is done.

Unfortunately Wyche, I agree with you once again.. AJ is SPENT! 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 03:12 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya but how many games? How many resulted in wins?? 3?

For his career, he has about a season's worth of stats. I'm guessing about 16ish games? As they say in that video, he's as much a "steelers killer" as he is a ravens killer and that's a moniker that's been on him for a while. 

Dunno if he can still do it now, but he's played rather well against them in his career. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The concenus around here is that AJ is done washed up
Etc. But however other DCs are putting their number
1 cover man on AJ still.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 03:14 PM)Tony Wrote: Unfortunately Wyche, I agree with you once again.. AJ is SPENT! 

I hate it too.  He's an all time Bengals great, one of my faves, and has always been class. I really hope he is still a bit dinged up....but it doesn't look good.

(11-12-2020, 05:20 PM)impactplaya Wrote: The concenus around here is that AJ is done washed up
Etc. But however other DCs are putting their number
1 cover man on AJ still.

....and he's not winning those matchups a whole lot anymore. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote