Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension
(10-08-2019, 10:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Pardon me if I give those sources zero credibility.....

very possible just bs...

cause earily this year even green said he didn't want to play anywhere else.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 11:06 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: very possible just bs...

Could be, but he also probably didn't think the team would be this bad when he said that before the season started.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 11:06 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: very possible just bs...

In all fairness, the notion that a player wouldn't want to be anywhere other than a dead in the water 0-5 team sounds like BS, too.  
Reply/Quote
Who here says Mike Brown screws this up?  Raise your hand!

It is a shame how this team went so far south that we had to get rid of AJ Green and probably some of the other guys that are fan favorites just to plug the holes that should've been fixed in the offseason.  I wouldn't see the point in buying season tickets when they probably won't be good for quite a few years.  

On AJ, I think he would be a very intriguing pick up for some team.  If he had a Brady, Brees, Mahomes, etc. throwing to him, how good would this guy be?  Dalton has a tendency to throw up jump balls for AJ rather than hit him in stride, thus leading to more chance of injury.  If the Pats take him, look out, because they'll just kill everyone.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 11:11 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Who here says Mike Brown screws this up?  Raise your hand!

It is a shame how this team went so far south that we had to get rid of AJ Green and probably some of the other guys that are fan favorites just to plug the holes that should've been fixed in the offseason.  I wouldn't see the point in buying season tickets when they probably won't be good for quite a few years.  

On AJ, I think he would be a very intriguing pick up for some team.  If he had a Brady, Brees, Mahomes, etc. throwing to him, how good would this guy be?  Dalton has a tendency to throw up jump balls for AJ rather than hit him in stride, thus leading to more chance of injury.  If the Pats take him, look out, because they'll just kill everyone.

It's not even about AJ getting a new/better QB, I'd just be interested to see what he does with a franchise that approaches things with a mindset that isn't stuck in the 70s or something. 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 10:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Oy, AJ is a great player/person and he really would have played his entire career here IF IF IF this organization would have done just a wee bit more to show they gave a crap. Well, that's my take...I can't read AJ's mind but geez.

I legit hope he goes to NE and hoists the 7th Lombardi that hits those braggart Steeler fans right in their guts.

Hard to fault the AJ’s and Whit’s of the world when the front office shows ambivalence to excellence. Until the ownership/front office changes, this team will continue to be an also ran, at best getting a Wild Card spot and losing.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 11:39 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Hard to fault the AJ’s and Whit’s of the world when the front office shows ambivalence to excellence.  Until the ownership/front office changes, this team will continue to be an also ran, at best getting a Wild Card spot and losing.

What is rough is that things seem like they are finally going to turn a corner like in 2005 or 2011-2015 and then they just fall back into blech.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 11:43 AM)Nately120 Wrote: What is rough is that things seem like they are finally going to turn a corner like in 2005 or 2011-2015 and then they just fall back into blech.

Yep. 

Underperforming vets who are eating up $3+ mill cap:
AJ Green (not on field) - $15 mill
Dre Kirkpatrick - $11 mill
Cordy Glenn (not on field) - $9.25 mill
CJ Uzomah - $6 mill
Bobby Hart - $5.9 mill
Preston Brown - $4.7 mill
Shawn Williams - $4.5 mill
Darqueze Dennard (not on field) - $4.5 mill
Tyler Eifert - $3 mill
-----------------------------------------
$63.85 mill going toward players who aren't on the field or underperforming on it
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This franchise has officially hit rock bottom.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 10:02 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He actually spoke about an extension a little bit ago. I saw omething about how he'd like to spend his whole career in one place like Larry Fitzgerald, creates a legacy.

Also saw that the Julio Jones and Michael Thomas extensions have made where he wants and what the Bengals were offering be quite far apart.

So it's not that he's not interested in an extension, so much as the Bengals aren't offering him the type of extension he wants. Bengals are looking at a guy who's been hurt 3 out of the last 4 years and will be 32 next year. AJ is looking at Julio's $22m/yr and Thomas' $19.25m/yr.

Fantasy football sites are the only ones reporting this. I'm taking it with a grain of salt.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 12:10 PM)jason Wrote: Fantasy football sites are the only ones reporting this. I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Paul Dehner Jr with The Athletic is the one who I saw it from. Most certainly not a fantasy football site.

(Free Info)
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/10/a-j-green-on-staying-with-bengals-players-requesting-trades
Dehner notes that Green’s camp has “been negotiating a potential contract extension for months, but both sides are having trouble finding common ground,” and that talks have been “complicated by the lucrative deals signed by Julio Jones and Michael Thomas.”

(Subscription Info)
https://theathletic.com/1264591/2019/10/03/this-week-in-bengals-breaking-down-the-potential-trade-pieces/

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
His best shot at a ring in 2019, I think is in SF. Put him on a very good team that only lacks a true #1 WR, but had great OL, good QB, best TE with Kelcie and great running backs, SF needs to make it happen for their fans.

They should give us their 1st and 3rd in 2020 to secure AJ.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 11:11 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Who here says Mike Brown screws this up?  Raise your hand!

I fear this happening. Don't trust MB being smart about this at all. In the end, he will walk and we will get nothing of value.

Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
Bundle him with Dalton
Reply/Quote
I am one of the biggest critics of the whitworth debacle, but that was because he showed no signs of slowing down. Green has been injured quite often recently, so I wouldn't be upset to not pay him 20 million going forward. Love the guy, but it is probably time to part ways since we are nowhere close to being competitive right now. I do think mike brown and company will screw it up somehow though..
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 12:23 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Bundle him with Dalton

If a team is trading for AJ, they feel they’re that one piece away from being a contender.

That would not include Dalton at QB. Unless they want to make him a backup.

Reply/Quote
Trade him and act fast. For once the fanbase is all in on a firesale so no hard feelings.

Hate to say it but he's not on Julio and MT level so I have to side with the Bengals FO on this one.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 12:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: Trade him and act fast. For once the fanbase is all in on a firesale so no hard feelings.

Hate to say it but he's not on Julio and MT level so I have to side with the Bengals FO on this one.

Julio, no. Thomas, yes.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 12:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I fear this happening. Don't trust MB being smart about this at all. In the end, he will walk and we will get nothing of value.

Me to

Lets hope ZT is in his office right now telling him the only way we're going to fix this team for next season is to trade AJ, Dalton, Geno, Carlos, Kirkpatrick, Glenn, and others to build up as many draft picks as possible. 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 12:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: His best shot at a ring in 2019, I think is in SF. Put him on a very good team that only lacks a true #1 WR, but had great OL, good QB, best  TE with Kelcie and great running backs, SF needs to make it happen for their fans.

They should give us their 1st and 3rd in 2020 to secure AJ.

You mean Kittle?
Reply/Quote