Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green represented by same Agent as Dez Bryant. ( Tom Condon)
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/6/19/8811691/a-j-green-thinks-long-term-extension-can-happen-before-franchise-tag

Wonder how this affects negotiations.

Also AJ is quoted as saying the Bengals want to get it done before the season and he's optimistic about it.
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: break-the-bank.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I do not see it having a negative impact on the negotiations. The Bengals have a good history in getting deals done that they want to get done even with agents that are known to be difficult.
Reply/Quote
A.J. is the glue that holds the entire depth chart together at this point. If he is out, the fan base and team will panic, "AHH THE SKY IS FALLING!!! AJ IS GONEEE NOOO"

Which is exactly why we will break the bank and pay him everything he wants and more.

Funny thing is, I don't think A.J. is too much of a money guy anyways. He like his shoes, and i'm sure he would like to provide for his wife and his family, but he certainly isn't greedy... Tom Condon on the other hand....
Reply/Quote
I think AJ has a strong enough character to not let his agent cloud his judgement when it comes to a real money contract style that the Bengals prefer, vs. the fake money-constantly restructuring-cut you in 2 years type of contract that most of the rest of the NFL works on.

AJ will get paid A LOT of money and play for the Bengals through the entire deal. The market for WR has come down from the Megatron/Firzgerald contracts of a few years ago, I think AJ is looking at $14 mil a year vs. the $16/17 that they got.
Reply/Quote
They have the same agent, yes, but not the same maturity. Green doesn't appear to be holding out. Bryant has stated he is willing to, even into the season.

Really don't think you can compare the two. One is mature about this situation, one is still showing he has ways of growing up.
Reply/Quote
Last Cowboys player to hold out and miss regular season games = Emmet Smith

Got what he thought was his value, won the Super Bowl, went to the HOF. Is Dez the same way? Who knows.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
AJ is the agents employer and therefore drives the negotiations. If AJ feels the Bengal offer is fair it will get done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote