Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
AJ Green retired...as a Bengal
(09-16-2023, 07:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We should. He took us to 7 playoffs. Didn't win any, but at least we got there.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2023, 07:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We should. He took us to 7 playoffs. Didn't win any, but at least we got there.

So nice you posted twice  Tongue

Yes, when the time comes Andy should retire as a Bengal.  But, the seven playoff berths without a win belong to Merv, not Andy.  Let's limit Andy's futility if we possibly can  Wink  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2023, 08:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *5

you 2 extra ones for 5 in a row Tongue
Reply/Quote
Was never one of my favourite Bengals (just not a WR guy: my two favourites ever are Michael Jackson and Bobby Engram, who never even sniffed Cincy), but I always liked seeing him play: aside from the Chicago opener in 2013 and his last year with us, you could always rely on him and when the ball went to him, I always had trust, as a fan.

Hope he enjoys being the ruler, tomorrow :)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2023, 08:09 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: So nice you posted twice  Tongue

Yes, when the time comes Andy should retire as a Bengal.  But, the seven playoff berths without a win belong to Merv, not Andy.  Let's limit Andy's futility if we possibly can  Wink  

Yep. I was incorrect.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2023, 11:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep. I was incorrect.

Dog years.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2023, 05:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Love it. Might have to rock my AJ color rush for the game tomorrow.

A great way to honor one of the all-time great Bengals.  Also to get in the Ravens' heads.  As we all know, AJ absolutely ate their lunch his entire career.

I don't own an AJ color rush but I will be sporting my old black #18 down in the south end zone.  Everyone who has an AJ jersey tucked away in a closet or drawer needs to wear it today.  Love you, AJ Green.  Who Dey!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2023, 02:17 PM)pally Wrote: This is another sign of Mike Brown changing...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxQrcTaL1fm/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Why can there seemingly never be a post about something good without veiled shots at Mike Brown? AJ is not the first ex Bengal to come back on a one day contract to retire a Bengal. This has nothing to do with Mike Brown changing in any way. He has always cared more for his players than any other owner.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why can there seemingly never be a post about something good without veiled shots at Mike Brown? AJ is not the first ex Bengal to come back on a one day contract to retire a Bengal.

I wasn't taking a shot at Mike Brown. I'm actually impressed by him and his willingness to evolve from long-standing business practices at his age.  Even though the changes in management philosophies might be driven by his successors, they still occur with his approval.

I can not recall any previous 1-day contracts.  Who else received on?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:30 AM)pally Wrote: I wasn't taking a shot at Mike Brown. I'm actually impressed by him and his willingness to evolve from long-standing business practices at his age.  Even though the changes in management philosophies might be driven by his successors, they still occur with his approval.

I can not recall any previous 1-day contracts.  Who else received on?

Right off the top of my head, Shane Graham
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Right off the top of my head, Shane Graham

*Shayne

Anyways, you have to admit that it's a rare occurrence for the Bengals of old and that Mike has changed his stance on a LOT of things recently.

The fact that Shayne Graham of all people is the first to come to mind is pretty telling. LOL

People are showing Mike appreciation for those changes. I'm not sure why that would offend you.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2023, 11:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Was never one of my favourite Bengals (just not a WR guy: my two favourites ever are Michael Jackson and Bobby Engram, who never even sniffed Cincy), but I always liked seeing him play: aside from the Chicago opener in 2013 and his last year with us, you could always rely on him and when the ball went to him, I always had trust, as a fan.

Hope he enjoys being the ruler, tomorrow :)

Awesome to see AJ back in the jungle.

Truck you are not a WR guy? You are rooting for the wrong team : )
Even when they suck it seems like the one position that the Bengals always have great players at is WR.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 02:56 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Awesome to see AJ back in the jungle.

Truck you are not a WR guy?  You are rooting for the wrong team : )
Even when they suck it seems like the one position that the Bengals always have great players at is WR.

Also had a lot of great QB's as well. They've been extraordinarily lucky in that respect with just a few duds in the past..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
This is nice to See.... Nothing but class his entire career. (well minus that one game lol)

But a great player for the franchise. and 1/2 of the Red/Green show
Reply/Quote