Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green skipping team meetings
There's tweets saying AJ is denying it
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 01:31 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: There's tweets saying AJ is denying it

Denying what? Not being there or that he's not pissed off?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 01:58 AM)jowczarski Wrote: There were no contract incentives on the line.
A.J. Green has been around.
No doubt Bob trusts his sources, and he doesn't making things up, but I wouldn't make too much of this. For instance: Tyler Eifert and Clint Boling weren't in team meetings either. No, Green isn't having surgery, but we have no idea what the arrangement is.

Thanks for this Jim O. Rock On

As much as we all wanted AJ to reach that milestone this is the right move.

But i understand why some on here thought MB pissed off AJ, he has done it before to our star players.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 10:01 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Top down management is dangerous when your leader's head is still in the 1950s.

If our Front Office was still thinking as if it was the 1950s, the Bengals would be winners.  The problem is they are thinking as if it were the 1990s. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 01:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: So he's taking time off from team meetings for games he won't be playing in.. OMG OMG OMG!
Sounds more like reporters looking for news that probably isn't there.
From the Department of Unsubstantiated Rumors.. Andy Dalton and Vontez Burfict caught in a love triangle with Marvins grandma.. When will the carnage ever stop? I hear Nuge missed kicks so he would get cut so he could pursue his lifetime dream of creating the worlds greatest paper airplane instead. 

Well crap!

I never made NFL type money, so I don't have the resources to compete with him in this regard.

My life's work down the tubes!!!!!
Reply/Quote
I see those Steelers lovers over at PFT are fanning the flames by saying a "frustrated" AJ Green is skipping team meetings. No mention of other injured Bengals who skipped, and how do they know he's frustrated?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 01:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I see those Steelers lovers over at PFT are fanning the flames by saying a "frustrated" AJ Green is skipping team meetings. No mention of other injured Bengals who skipped, and how do they know he's frustrated?

Typical Stooler fans. Sick
Reply/Quote
AJ has denied it to the media:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/30/a-j-green-denies-being-unhappy-with-bengals/

Can we go about the rest of the day normally now?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:08 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: AJ has denied it to the media:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/30/a-j-green-denies-being-unhappy-with-bengals/

Can we go about the rest of the day normally now?

The guy has class, we all know it.

He would never admit to being unhappy with the Bengals even if he was.

Same with Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 12:35 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Aaaannnd PFT is now spinning it into bigger than it is by calling him unhappy and saying he hasn't been around the team (which Jim has stated is not true)...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/30/report-unhappy-a-j-green-skipping-bengals-meetings/

Gotta get them clicks!!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 12:25 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: After reading responses it sounds like a lot of you are for AJ playing. Why do you want to put his hamstring at risk?

They just want any reason to squal about how terrible Mike Brown is.  that is why you see some posters just making up stuff to prove their point.  there is no contract incentive on the line, but that doesn't stop people like "Older Than You" and Kevin from claiming it is true.

If AJ had played and gotten injured then they would all be squaling about how stupid the Bengals were for letting him play.

Green has every right to be upset and disappointed that he is not going to get hios 1000 yards.  But he has no right to be mad at the bengals for not letting him play.  That would be selfish and childish.  But I have seen NOTHING from Green that proves he is that angry at the team. Like Jim O stated, other injured players who are not going to play anymore have missed meetings.

Funny that so many people claim we need a "no-nonesense" type coach who will make the players do what he wants, but as soon as they think a player doesn't get to do exactly what he wants they back the player.

Basically it does not matter what move the Bengals make.  Certain fans will criticize it.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They just want any reason to squal about how terrible Mike Brown is.  that is why you see some posters just making up stuff to prove their point.  there is no contract incentive on the line, but that doesn't stop people like "Older Than You" and Kevin from claiming it is true.

If AJ had played and gotten injured then they would all be squaling about how stupid the Bengals were for letting him play.

Green has every right to be upset and disappointed that he is not going to get hios 1000 yards.  But he has no right to be mad at the bengals for not letting him play.  That would be selfish and childish.  But I have seen NOTHING from Green that proves he is that angry at the team. Like Jim O stated, other injured players who are not going to play anymore have missed meetings.

Funny that so many people claim we need a "no-nonesense" type coach who will make the players do what he wants, but as soon as they think a player doesn't get to do exactly what he wants they back the player.

Basically it does not matter what move the Bengals make.  Certain fans will criticize it.

Front office made the decision, not the coaches. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 12:00 PM)treee Wrote: Some people view Green as an asset. Others view him as a competitor trying to leave his mark on the NFL.

Some people view him as a fine young man and don't want to see that career ended prematurely in a meaningless game. He will leave him mark and be in the Hall without tying Moss.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 07:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Some people view him as a fine young man and don't want to see that career ended prematurely in a meaningless game. He will leave him mark and be in the Hall without tying Moss.

I've never heard of a torn Hammy ending someones career. 
Reply/Quote
There are plenty reasons to ***** about Lewis and brown. This is not one of them. I would not let him play either.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 07:26 PM)treee Wrote: I've never heard of a torn Hammy ending someones career. 

Education 

http://www.sports-health.com/sports-injuries/leg-injuries/hamstring-tears-causes-and-risk-factors
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 07:26 PM)treee Wrote: I've never heard of a torn Hammy ending someones career. 

Maybe, maybe not. Who knows when he'll fall off? He'll need at least 14k yards and something like "broke Moss' record for consecutive 1000 yard seasons to start a career" would certainly help his HOF case. He certainly won't be getting any rings in the Nati.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 09:06 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Education 

http://www.sports-health.com/sports-injuries/leg-injuries/hamstring-tears-causes-and-risk-factors

Didn't see anywhere in that article where it states that hamstring tears can be career ending. Have you ever heard of someone suffering a career ending hamstring tear?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 10:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe, maybe not. Who knows when he'll fall off? He'll need at least 14k yards and something like "broke Moss' record for consecutive 1000 yard seasons to start a career" would certainly help his HOF case. He certainly won't be getting any rings in the Nati.

Fair enough.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 10:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe, maybe not. Who knows when he'll fall off? He'll need at least 14k yards and something like "broke Moss' record for consecutive 1000 yard seasons to start a career" would certainly help his HOF case. He certainly won't be getting any rings in the Nati.

Agreed. We keep him here for our own benefit, fun to watch, helps us win - but we aren't going anywhere with this team. Marvin Lewis and J. Hill need off the team as the next jump from M. Nugent causing us losses. AJ's fall off time is coming sooner than we think, it is difficult to defeat Father Time. Now because AJ is so good he'll still be one of the best WRs in the game for probably 2-3 more years, but by average WR age his peak is coming next season (or may have already passed).
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote