Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green tears hamstring; more than likely done?
Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green exited Sunday's 16-12 loss to the Buffalo Bills early in the first quarter after suffering a hamstring injury. He did not return to the game.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis didn't provide any details about Green's injury after the game.

"I don't know when he can come back, but he has a hamstring injury," Lewis said.

Green sustained the injury during an incomplete pass from Andy Dalton on second-and-15. After colliding with Bills cornerback Stephon Gilmore, Green went down clutching his right hamstring. He was carted off the field.

Losing Green, who ranks second in the league in receiving yards (964), could be a huge blow going forward for the Bengals. When Green has 100 or more yards in a single game, the Bengals are 3-0-1. Since 2011, the Bengals are 1-2-1 in games sans Green (not including today's game).

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000742429/article/aj-green-tears-hamstring-in-bengals-loss?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url=story&zoneKeys=s1=story&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr=around-the-league;team=cin;team=buf;conf=afc;dvsn=acn;dvsn=ace;plyr=andrew_dalton;plyr=stephon_gilmore&p.ct=Around+the+NFL&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=#fff&p.bgc1m=#0964bf&p.bgc2m=#053a74&sr=amp
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Bengals and Cowboys only stadiums with MRI machine, just received a push from NFL said he tore his hamstring waiting on MRI confirmation.
Reply/Quote
Not surprised at all. Looked awful
Reply/Quote
Geoff Hobsin Tweeted something along the lines that Green said he'd be back at some point, but it's unlikely for next week against Baltimore. The Bengals don't have Sanu to save them in this matchup without Green. Is it safe to say that well all think there won't be a postseason this year?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 06:47 PM)Trademark Wrote: Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green exited Sunday's 16-12 loss to the Buffalo Bills early in the first quarter after suffering a hamstring injury. He did not return to the game.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis didn't provide any details about Green's injury after the game.

"I don't know when he can come back, but he has a hamstring injury," Lewis said.

Green sustained the injury during an incomplete pass from Andy Dalton on second-and-15. After colliding with Bills cornerback Stephon Gilmore, Green went down clutching his right hamstring. He was carted off the field.

Losing Green, who ranks second in the league in receiving yards (964), could be a huge blow going forward for the Bengals. When Green has 100 or more yards in a single game, the Bengals are 3-0-1. Since 2011, the Bengals are 1-2-1 in games sans Green (not including today's game).

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000742429/article/aj-green-tears-hamstring-in-bengals-loss?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url=story&zoneKeys=s1=story&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr=around-the-league;team=cin;team=buf;conf=afc;dvsn=acn;dvsn=ace;plyr=andrew_dalton;plyr=stephon_gilmore&p.ct=Around+the+NFL&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=#fff&p.bgc1m=#0964bf&p.bgc2m=#053a74&sr=amp

Never a good time for an injury but it may be for the best since it's a moot point for this season. Give the other guys more snaps.
Reply/Quote
And he was so close to 1000 yards.. Sad I hate this for AJ
Reply/Quote
They should wait to bring him back the last game of the year to get his 1,000 then get him out.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 06:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They should wait to bring him back the last game of the year to get his 1,000 then get him out.

Yeah...Randy Moss is the only other receiver to get 1000 yards in each of the 1st 6 seasons to begin a career.
Reply/Quote
Damn it, Aj doesn't deserve this shit. Sad

That said he was due for a big one. 6 years and all.

Get well soon AJ!

Reply/Quote
Put him on IR right now. Save him for next season. No matter the result of the MRI.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 06:50 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Geoff Hobsin Tweeted something along the lines that Green said  he'd be back at some point, but it's unlikely for next week against Baltimore. The Bengals don't have Sanu to save them in this matchup without Green. Is it safe to say that well all think there won't be a postseason this year?

Uh, the season was over at 1-2.

Here's hoping AJ doesn't play another game this year and finds a team that can win a playoff game. What a waste of a talent.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm not reading where it says he tore his hamstring. It just says an injury.
Reply/Quote
Multiple sites reporting its torn. Ian Rapoport reporting it.

Best he be put on the shelf and see what the rest of these bums at WR can do. Also increase the chances of us tanking more and more games which in turn = high pick.

More importantly, does this finally get Marvin fired. Wouldn't surprise me is this is the now built in excuse for a shite season.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 07:00 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm not reading where it says he tore his hamstring. It just says an injury.

I'm no doctor, but I think all hamstring injuries are actually tears. Hell you tear your muscles all the time. It just depends on the severity of the tear
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 07:07 PM)Bengalboy Wrote: More importantly, does this finally get Marvin fired. 

Yes, a QB throwing an off-target pass and a WR trying to go up and get it should be the last straw. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 06:54 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Damn it, Aj doesn't deserve this shit. Sad

That said he was due for a big one. 6 years and all.

Get well soon AJ!

He was hurt a lot of 2014... It's not like he's been super healthy.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 07:12 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: He was hurt a lot of 2014... It's not like he's been super healthy.

who is worse at staying health, aj green or mr. glass?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Geoff Hobson: Bengals fear Green out for rest of year, but MRI is still pending.
Reply/Quote
According to reports..

He is likely out for the year...

Sad
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
This only casts more light on the fact that when teams take AJ away from the Bengals, they have no answer. The receivers were not getting any separation and the RBs couldn't do crap either.

FWIW, I loved the running formations and multiple TE sets the Bills were running. They kept sending a couple WRs deep, but they didn't even have to take a deep shot, as the Bengals kept their safeties deep the entire game.

I hope AJ heals fast, but if he is indeed out, let's see more of Core and Boyd. Also, Uzomah was doing pretty well before getting benched with the return of Eifert. Kroft? No one even seems to know he is out there.
Reply/Quote