Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ Green to announce pick

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Happy to see Green embrace the Bengals again after his departure and retirement.
He was one of my favorite few players in the 2010's along with Geno Atkins and maybe Vontaze Burfict before things really started getting bad with the penalties.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 05:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Happy to see Green embrace the Bengals again after his departure and retirement.
He was one of my favorite few players in the 2010's along with Geno Atkins and maybe Vontaze Burfict before things really started getting bad with the penalties.

Happy to see this as well, and why shouldn't he?  He was treated well when he was here and when things went downhill, they let him go find success elsewhere.   They did him a solid and let him try to find a winning team.  + & + all around.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 05:04 PM)Stewy Wrote: Happy to see this as well, and why shouldn't he?  He was treated well when he was here and when things went downhill, they let him go find success elsewhere.   They did him a solid and let him try to find a winning team.  + & + all around.

I just remember his 2020 when he was complaining because he didn't like how he was being used in the offense, and then he departed to Arizona after the season.
I wasn't sure how much frustration with the organization (if any) there was lingering.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 05:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Happy to see Green embrace the Bengals again after his departure and retirement.

Same, AJ is all class and is one of my favorite Bengals of all time. In his prime he could just snatch the ball out of the air in a way that
was very special. He was also faster on the field than his forty time. He had another gear on those deep balls and was a crisp route 
runner with crazy size.
Reply/Quote
It's great having AJ back in the fold. I really hope he does a 1 day contract.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
So we are taking a WR in the 2nd
Reply/Quote
Our man AJ Green will be announcing our second round pick on Friday!

Quote:Earlier this offseason, Cincinnati Bengals great A.J. Green said goodbye to football via his heartfelt retirement message.

Now the Bengals will honor one of the greatest members of their team ever by having him announce the team’s second-round pick during the 2023 NFL draft.

That means, barring a trade, Green sits scheduled to announce the 60th pick in the draft on Friday night, his former team’s second selection of seven in the process.

Green joins names like Anthony Munoz, Geno Atkins and Willie Anderson as franchise greats who have announced picks for the team in recent years of the new Zac Taylor era.

LOVE AJ and he will definitely go down as one of the best Bengals wide receivers ever and I'm glad he still has enough love for the team and city to announce our pick for us.

I think he was hands down better than Chad (just MCO) but Chad had better quarterback play, although Dalton's did improve after working with Tom House.

Also sad that he couldn't get a playoff win here, especially with being so close, what, four(?) years in a row, and having Hill fumble away a victory.

Can't wait to see AJ on Friday night!

(My apologies to mods. I didn't see that it was already posted in the draft forum.)
Reply/Quote
LOVE AJ and he will definitely go down as one of the best Bengals wide receivers ever and I'm glad he still has enough love for the team and city to announce our pick for us.

I think he was hands down better than Chad (just MCO) but Chad had better quarterback play, although Dalton's did improve after working with Tom House.

Also sad that he couldn't get a playoff win here, especially with being so close, what, four(?) years in a row, and having Hill fumble away a victory.

Reply/Quote
I don't know about hands down better than Chad, but absolutely hands down best first-rounder of the Marvin era. No doubt.  
Reply/Quote

I see Chad and AJ as having pretty equally effective careers just with different styles.

Chad - 11,059 career yards   14.4 yards avg catch   67 TDs

AJ - 10,514 career yards    14.5 yards avg catch   70 TDs

Chad seemed to me to be a more durable player with a fiery competitive spirit. He definitely played and joked around too much for my liking but took care of business on the field. Quick feet.

AJ was fun to watch at 6 foot 4 and a smooth graceful runner. His personality was more Team friendly and a great red zone target.

Both were Bona Fide number 1 NFL wide receivers that Defenses had to respect.
Reply/Quote
I think this is really cool for the Bengals to do. Hopefully, in the next 5 to 10 years, he'll also enter the Ring of Honor.
Reply/Quote
He wasn't better than Chad.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 02:08 PM)tms Wrote: I don't know about hands down better than Chad, but absolutely hands down best first-rounder of the Marvin era. No doubt.  
I think they kind of had different styles but imagine AJ with Carson throwing him the ball and tell me AJ wouldn't have put up the best numbers in the league with a HOF career.

AJ was more of a traditional receiver and Chad was more freelance.
(04-25-2023, 02:39 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

I see Chad and AJ as having pretty equally effective careers just with different styles.

Chad - 11,059 career yards   14.4 yards avg catch   67 TDs

AJ - 10,514 career yards    14.5 yards avg catch   70 TDs

Chad seemed to me to be a more durable player with a fiery competitive spirit. He definitely played and joked around too much for my liking but took care of business on the field. Quick feet.

AJ was fun to watch at 6 foot 4 and a smooth graceful runner. His personality was more Team friendly and a great red zone target.

Both were Bona Fide number 1 NFL wide receivers that Defenses had to respect.
That's pretty much what I said above before I even looked at this post.

That's also why I rank AJ above Chad because he was more of the traditional receiver that just went out and took care of business. Chad also got things done but AJ was more reliable and just more physically imposing.
(04-25-2023, 02:45 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think this is really cool for the Bengals to do. Hopefully, in the next 5 to 10 years, he'll also enter the Ring of Honor.

It will be a crime if he doesn't.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 01:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Our man AJ Green will be announcing our second round pick on Friday!

(My apologies to mods. I didn't see that it was already posted in the draft forum.)

AJ was good but not Chad Good.

But nice having him with the pick
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 03:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think they kind of had different styles but imagine AJ with Carson throwing him the ball and tell me AJ wouldn't have put up the best numbers in the league with a HOF career.

AJ was more of a traditional receiver and Chad was more freelance.
That's pretty much what I said above before I even looked at this post.

That's also why I rank AJ above Chad because he was more of the traditional receiver that just went out and took care of business. Chad also got things done but AJ was more reliable and just more physically imposing.

It will be a crime if he doesn't.

I liked AJ a lot but nothing you stated can be supported with facts or data.  Everything thing you said is subjective to the point anyone could say the exact say about chad and be just as 'correct'.

What did Chad do that made him not 'traditional'?.  In what way was AJ more 'reliable' or 'physically imposing'?  What made him more 'team friendly'?

In a vacuum and only looking at the stats they were the same.  If fact go year to year and it's creepy just how close their respective career numbers are.  Chad gets a slight edge but it's so minimal it's not really worth mentioning (even though I did anyways).

You mention palmer throwing him the ball as if we can measure a hypothetical but that also implies Chad benefited from a better QB.  Now we have to compare Palmers numbers to Dalton's I guess.

Well a quick peek shows like AJ and Chad they are much the same.  

So all we really have to go on is subjective and it seems to me you just like AJ more because he didn't show boat and kept his mouth shut.  Which is fair enough I guess but it doesn't make him better.

I always thought Chad was just a touch better.  I won't go into why because it'll mostly as subjective as your reasons and some of them are literally the same reasons.  So that's weird.

Ajs was great.  Chad was a little greatererer.
Reply/Quote