Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
AJ Green visiting the Steelers
(03-25-2022, 11:45 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: He only played 16 games

53x16 is 848

848 yards for 15.7 yards per reception is an elite number 3 receiver

There’s no way you can argue any different

I think you are misusing elite. Elite - a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society.

This would be like saying a player is an elite practice squader, just because he is better than the rest of them.

Aj green is a fine WR3, but I could list a dozen current “WR3s” I’d rather have ahead of him from a combination of productivity and eye test.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 11:45 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: He only played 16 games

53x16 is 848

848 yards for 15.7 yards per reception is an elite number 3 receiver

There’s no way you can argue any different

For fun, let’s throw in the goose egg performance on 1/17 and then we can both be right.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 11:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, has to go to the sewer for a job...

There are worse places to work than under the guise of master splinter.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 11:50 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I think you are misusing elite. Elite - a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society.

This would be like saying a player is an elite practice squader, just because he is better than the rest of them.

Aj green is a fine WR3, but I could list a dozen current “WR3s” I’d rather have ahead of him from a combination of productivity and eye test.

(03-25-2022, 11:51 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: For fun, let’s throw in the goose egg performance on 1/17 and then we can both be right.

Look up every team’s 3rd receiving option. Guaranteed Green is top 5 in yards

And 15.7 yards per reception is 100% top 10 in the league

And like I said, and for anyone who had eyes, the entire Cardinals offense put up a goose egg. Kirk, Murray, the running game, etc.

cardinals could not block the rams pass rush at all
Reply/Quote
this isnt the way back into the jungle AJ
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 11:56 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Look up every team’s 3rd receiving option. Guaranteed Green is top 5 in yards

And 15.7 yards per reception is 100% top 10 in the league

And like I said, and for anyone who had eyes, the entire Cardinals offense put up a goose egg. Kirk, Murray, the running game, etc.

cardinals could not block the rams pass rush at all

Are we looking ahead or looking back? I think looking ahead is a better way to do this, and we can revisit this after the draft and once rosters have settled down. If green was as elite as you say, he would be on a roster by now.

If look back, and going by your metrics, you would be in the camp that he IS better than boyd. IS better than OBJ/Robert woods, IS better than JuJu, IS better than Antonio Brown, IS better than Michael Gallup. Etc etc

Good on AJ green for finally staying healthy for the first time in recent history. If everything is equal, which is why I want to revisit this in a month, he won’t be a top 12 WR3 for next season.
Reply/Quote
Fake news
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 09:13 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: If he goes to the stoolers, I'm burning his freaken jersey. The fact that he may be visiting alone makes me want to start the fire.

$$ is a hell of a drug.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 12:06 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Are we looking ahead or looking back? I think looking ahead is a better way to do this, and we can revisit this after the draft and once rosters have settled down. If green was as elite as you say, he would be on a roster by now.

If look back, and going by your metrics, you would be in the camp that he IS better than boyd. IS better than OBJ/Robert woods, IS better than JuJu, IS better than Antonio Brown, IS better than Michael Gallup. Etc etc

Good on AJ green for finally staying healthy for the first time in recent history. If everything is equal, which is why I want to revisit this in a month, he won’t be a top 12 WR3 for next season.

Ah

Moving the goal posts I see
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 12:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Ah

Moving the goal posts I see

LOL, literally not worth my time
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 12:09 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Fake news

They discussed it on the Ed & Rocky show WLW today.

AJ got that Merv stank tho.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 09:18 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: They discussed it on the Ed & Rocky show WLW today.

AJ got that Merv stank tho.

Eh, some of Marvin’s guys were just our best players in the playoffs (Bates, Hubbard, Mixon, etc).

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 10:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, some of Marvin’s guys were just our best players in the playoffs (Bates, Hubbard, Mixon, etc).

Tongue in cheek, somewhat. Seems the older vets didn't get along with the new coaches, but the younger ones did. AJ is 1st ballot ring of honor. Rightfully so. I just didn't like that last year. Maybe he was still hurting. He played a lot better in AZ. If this has any merit, I'd sure hate to see it happen.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
How is AJ considered a number 3 receiver the
entire year when #1 option Hopkins got hurt?

Just saying he actually became #1 in my opinion for them without Hopkins
Hopkins missed 7 games
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I would so hate this if it's real.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 08:05 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So... does that mean if he signs there he'll turn into a piece of shit?

Most players I've liked in college have gone there and become dickheads.

It is the "Steeler Way" after all!

Don't get me wrong.  I love Hilton on the Bengals and can hope that his hate for his former team drove it outta him.

Good luck AJ.  Hope they don't break ya.

They couldn't turn Hilton into a POS, so the let him go....
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 11:52 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: There are worse places to work than under the guise of master splinter.

Master Splinter ain't in Pittsburgh. Mellow
Reply/Quote
AJ needs to retire and get behind a mic.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote