Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green wants that 2014 Defense back.
https://www.facebook.com/Enquirer/videos/10155860575579698/
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't blame him! I was shocked to hear him actually say that out loud lol
Reply/Quote
Also interesting in that video.... They ask him about Whit and Zeitler being FA, and AJ only speaks about how important bringing Whit back is for both play and locker room reasons. Doesn't mention Zeitler in his response once.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
They were 7th in points allowed and 28th in points scored.

I don't think the d was the issue
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 02:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Also interesting in that video.... They ask him about Whit and Zeitler being FA, and AJ only speaks about how important bringing Whit back is for both play and locker room reasons. Doesn't mention Zeitler in his response once.

This has been a common theme across multiple outlets. Really does seem like the Bengals don't want to invest that much money in a guard, doesn't it?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope he meant 2013 or 2015 defense back because 2014 they were not good.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 02:39 PM)motoarch Wrote: They were 7th in points allowed and 28th in points scored.

The problem is our offense stalled and we are not that good on offense.  Andy Dalton is not going to get it done..  People just don't realize it yet.. but he is not working out almost a decade has gone by and a Time for Change is now.  They will throw up the stats this and that but the simple thing is Andy has not won a playoff game...  since he has been QB.  Next QB soon.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 03:38 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: The problem is our offense stalled and we are not that good on offense.  Andy Dalton is not going to get it done..  People just don't realize it yet.. but he is not working out almost a decade has gone by and a Time for Change is now.  They will throw up the stats this and that but the simple thing is Andy has not won a playoff game...  since he has been QB.  Next QB soon.

How to spot a Dalton Troll 101: If they say 6 years is "almost a decade" in order to make Dalton seem worse, they just may be a Dalton Troll.

The playoff problem isn't Dalton, it's Marvin Lewis. The Bengals have had 4 different QBs play in playoff games under Lewis, and they have all looked the same. Meanwhile they have lost playoff games to Mark Sanchez, TJ Yates, Rapistburger, One-Armed Rapistburger, Andrew Luck, and Philip Rivers.

Reply/Quote
Defense wins championships. We know that. The Bengals D had room for improvement in 2016. Don't forget the injuries mounted again though.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 04:44 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Defense wins championships. We know that. The Bengals D had room for improvement in 2016. Don't forget the injuries mounted again though.

Who? Burfict was suspended for a few games, and dinged up a bit, but other than that? Two rookies who weren't going to play much is all I can think of.

MJ, Dunlap, Atkins, Peko, V Rey, Iloka, Shaw, Dansby, Sims, Clarke, Vigil, Fej, Flowers, and A Jones all played 16 games.
Williams, Hunt, and Dennard played 15 games.
Kirkpatrick and Maualuga played 14.

That's honestly more healthy than most teams can hope to be on one side of the ball.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 02:39 PM)motoarch Wrote: They were 7th in points allowed and 28th in points scored.

Great point!
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 03:38 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: The problem is our offense stalled and we are not that good on offense.  Andy Dalton is not going to get it done..  People just don't realize it yet.. but he is not working out almost a decade has gone by and a Time for Change is now.  They will throw up the stats this and that but the simple thing is Andy has not won a playoff game...  since he has been QB.  Next QB soon.

(02-03-2017, 04:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: How to spot a Dalton Troll 101: If they say 6 years is "almost a decade" in order to make Dalton seem worse, they just may be a Dalton Troll.

The playoff problem isn't Dalton, it's Marvin Lewis. The Bengals have had 4 different QBs play in playoff games under Lewis, and they have all looked the same. Meanwhile they have lost playoff games to Mark Sanchez, TJ Yates, Rapistburger, One-Armed Rapistburger, Andrew Luck, and Philip Rivers.

For the record I'm not and Andy hater.  It's hard to put points on the board when you have no one blocking, your backs arnt getting their job done and you have top receiver and TE miss nearly half the season each leaving you with a bunch of guys you have no repor with.

Yes the offence was miserable but it wasn't on Andy; and the D was better then we give them credit for.
Reply/Quote
Well I want the '88 defense back. Wish in one hand....
Reply/Quote

A lot of drives stalled in RZ = tons of points off the board. (Especially with Nuge) I expect Zampese to figure it out. It was his biggest problem in his first year on the job.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 11:39 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: A lot of drives stalled in RZ = tons of points off the board. (Especially with Nuge) I expect Zampese to figure it out. It was his biggest problem in his first year on the job.

Mike Williams could solve that problem pretty easily js.... That problem was lafell and his inability to create separation across from green. Sure eifert missing a lot of games along with green was part of it but you need your number 2 to be able to create separation when the coverage is tight and he was unable to do so. 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2017, 01:28 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Mike Williams could solve that problem pretty easily js.... That problem was lafell and his inability to create separation across from green. Sure eifert missing a lot of games along with green was part of it but you need your number 2 to be able to create separation when the coverage is tight and he was unable to do so. 

Didn't they have problems in the RZ even when fully stocked? (Season half forgotten, working on 2nd half)

Edit:
After glancing over some stats it appears LaFell had a better season than MLJ's last one here.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2017, 02:53 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Didn't they have problems in the RZ even when fully stocked? (Season half forgotten, working on 2nd half)

Edit:
After glancing over some stats it appears LaFell had a better season than MLJ's last one here.

Well that's my point they were never fully stocked... They had 2 games with green and eifert but they didn't have a legitimate number 2 that could create separation. As far as lafell stats go he got most  of his yardage once green went down. He had 4 games with less than 30 yards receiving including 2 games with less than 10! U can't have that from a number 2. 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2017, 03:09 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Well that's my point they were never fully stocked... They had 2 games with green and eifert but they didn't have a legitimate number 2 that could create separation. As far as lafell stats go he got most  of his yardage once green went down. He had 4 games with less than 30 yards receiving including 2 games with less than 10! U can't have that from a number 2. 

Perhaps someone forces the ball to AJ by design? (Qb or coach? I don't know) Perhaps it takes awhile for receiver and QB to gel?

Hopefully we'll have a better grasp next season.  But, i fear the o'line may prevent that. We'll see. 

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2017, 03:38 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Perhaps someone forces the ball to AJ by design? (Qb or coach? I don't know) Perhaps it takes awhile for receiver and QB to gel?

Hopefully we'll have a better grasp next season.  But, i fear the o'line may prevent that. We'll see. 

they did force it to aj early in season for sure.... But even in the second Browns game late in season lafell had a 22 yard game... U should have clicked with your receiver by then.   It's why I'm such a fan of Williams in the first. Won't have to worry. And yeah they better resign Whit and z. Also thought fisher showed some serious improvement at RT. Think he could be a good rt at least as good as Smith is now. The problem is the center he runs the whole line. Elflien in second should be a priority. Cut tj Johnson put bodine as backup. In a pinch elflien can play guard at an elite level as well. That would improve the whole line imo. Rolling out a line of Whit, boling, elflien, zeitler, fisher would be a lot better than last year. 
Reply/Quote

The defense improved throughout the year, but they were awful early in the season.  The offense, however, declined as they lost players like AJ.  They actually started the year off pretty well, although they struggled in the Red Zone without Eifert.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote