Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green won't push for more money
Just saw this article about AJ Green not asking for more money when his next contract talks happen unlike other WR's. Nice to see someone happy with the money he makes even if he deserves more.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/Article/Report-AJ-Green-will-not-push-for-more-money-from-Cincinnati-Bengals-119319089/
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
AJ Green is not only a tremendous athlete, but he's an educated, dedicated family man. I'm pretty sure that he has wasted nothing, invested well, and is set for life as far as finances go. I'm also pretty sure that he's likely most setting his sights on winning more than just regular season games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 08:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: AJ Green is not only a tremendous athlete, but he's an educated, dedicated family man.  I'm pretty sure that he has wasted nothing, invested well, and is set for life as far as finances go.  I'm also pretty sure that he's likely most setting his sights on winning more than just regular season games.

He wants a ring!

Reply/Quote
Green has been classy player since arriving to Bengals. Green, Dalton, and Gio all classy players in the mold of Big Whit.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 08:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: AJ Green is not only a tremendous athlete, but he's an educated, dedicated family man. I'm pretty sure that he has wasted nothing, invested well, and is set for life as far as finances go. I'm also pretty sure that he's likely most setting his sights on winning more than just regular season games.

Agreed. He sees the big picture, not just for football, but for life as well.
Reply/Quote
How refreshing is that!!! He seems like a pretty good guy. The talent and character = keeper.
Reply/Quote
Ehhh..come contract talking time his agent isn't gonna be a shrinking violet ..He'll get mo money . As far as deserving? He catches a ball for a living. As far as I've ever been concerned no NFL player has ever been worth the kind of insane money these guys make . Since when has anyone ever been underpaid making $15m a year?  We should all be so unfortunate. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It doesn't say he won't want more money in his next contract, he is saying he won't demand more money now like many WR's with contracts already in place do. He isn't chasing the mythical title of highest paid WR like so many at the position want to do every time someone one ups them. AJ has always been a good guy, which actually says a lot to me about his frustrations last year and how bad things were.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 03:05 AM)grampahol Wrote: Ehhh..come contract talking time his agent isn't gonna be a shrinking violet ..He'll get mo money . As far as deserving? He catches a ball for a living. As far as I've ever been concerned no NFL player has ever been worth the kind of insane money these guys make . Since when has anyone ever been underpaid making $15m a year?  We should all be so unfortunate. 

You are worth what the market will pay you. If everyone had the ability to do what NFL players did they wouldn't make what they do. The reality is you aren't worth as much because you don't posses a single skill as unique and valuable as they do. 
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 07:23 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Just saw this article about AJ Green not asking for more money when his next contract talks happen unlike other WR's. Nice to see someone happy with the money he makes even if he deserves more.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/Article/Report-AJ-Green-will-not-push-for-more-money-from-Cincinnati-Bengals-119319089/

This dude is one classy human being.

Extremely proud to have this man on my favorite team. Rock on AJ Rock On
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 07:23 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Just saw this article about AJ Green not asking for more money when his next contract talks happen unlike other WR's. Nice to see someone happy with the money he makes even if he deserves more.

well I don't know about him not pushing for more money when the time comes he has a few more years left on his deal... (as does julio but julio isn't happy with his contract and is sitting out right now...)

AJ Just isn't gonna push to have this contract renegotiated... I'm sure he doesn't mind seeing other WRs get big pay days as when hes up for contract again his bottom line will most likely have gone up..
Reply/Quote
I'm sure AJ is a man of honor, and will honor his contract through. Then when it's up, he will negotiate for more money, as he should. Besides, coming off last year, now is not his strongest argument about being paid more...... no one on the team can make that demand credibly right now.
Reply/Quote
While I appreciate that we hardly seem to have these issues here.. (our contracts must be pretty good)

I can understand guys trying to get every dollar they can when they can cause you don't know how long you can play in the league... All it takes is one play to put you out for good. (even if unlikely) But while those guys are looking out for themselves... Constantly trying to get top dollar for yourself hurts the teams bottom line
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 08:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: AJ Green is not only a tremendous athlete, but he's an educated, dedicated family man.  I'm pretty sure that he has wasted nothing, invested well, and is set for life as far as finances go.  I'm also pretty sure that he's likely most setting his sights on winning more than just regular season games.

So he's taking a pay cut to play for the Patriots or what?
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 03:05 AM)grampahol Wrote: Ehhh..come contract talking time his agent isn't gonna be a shrinking violet ..He'll get mo money . As far as deserving? He catches a ball for a living. As far as I've ever been concerned no NFL player has ever been worth the kind of insane money these guys make . Since when has anyone ever been underpaid making $15m a year?  We should all be so unfortunate. 

I'd love to agree with this, but I'm 100% certain if I were on the field for a single NFL play not only would I not catch a TD, I would likely end up in the hospital or the morgue.  Time it would take AJ Green to do my job?  2 weeks, tops.

I do have to admit that it amuses me that no matter how often people complain that athletes make too much the Pittsburgh Pirates haven't manged to become super popular for having such low payroll. Wacky.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 04:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So he's taking a pay cut to play for the Patriots or what?

Oy! That would be a bitter pill to swallow.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I disagree with your assessment that "He catches a ball for a living".  He does a LOT more than that.  He catches that ball while other 6 foot plus,  200 pound plus, world class athletes are trying to prevent him from doing so and hitting him as hard as they legally can to knock him to the ground.  A lot of guys try and simply cannot catch that dang ball consistently well in that environment under those conditions over a long period of time.  They become the players that last a few years, bounce around the league and move on to their lifes work. Players like Dez Briscoe, Freddie Brown, Vidal Hazelton or Quan Cosby.                                                                                                                                                                  
The extremely few players that can catch that ball under those conditions as well as AJ Green in turn draw in hundreds of millions of dollars in merchandise sales, TV revenue, etc.  That's because millions of fans, just like yourself, are willing to spend their money to be entertained by them.  No disrespect to any of the players I mentioned earlier, as they ALL made it to the NFL.  That alone is a heck of an accomplishment and something to be proud of.  But no one would pay a lot of money to watch the Bengals trot out Zac Robinson to see him sling it around the field to Dez Briscoe, Freddie Brown, Vidal Hazelton or Quan Cosby.  So if the employee "AJ Green" in this case is bringing in bringing in tens or hundreds of millions to the employer, how much of that money does he earn and thus how much should he be able to keep for his elite work?
Reply/Quote
One more reason he is my favorite player.
Reply/Quote
When his career is over he will go down as the best Bengals WR in history.
Reply/Quote
It kills me even more that Jeremy Hill fumbled away his playoff win.

What makes this even more admirable is the fact that he's doing this in Cincinnati, which isn't exactly the most entertaining town in the country, as well as being a smaller market.

I personally love this and I feel like it will drive the other players on the team to improve and do their jobs.

This year has big things coming and we have guys that want to be here!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!
Reply/Quote