Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green.
(08-27-2015, 05:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: None of this hurts me.

I have always said the Bodine was not playing that great and needed to improve.  We just disagreed on if he could get better.  And nothing about that has changed at all.  

I still say it is possible for him to develop into a good NFL center and you don't.  We have yet to see who is correct.

You could at least get it right. I said it would be very difficult and the odds are against us. 
And you did say he was playing well, and then you added "for a fourth round rookie" "He started all 16 games" You went above and beyond to try and discredit anything about it I posted. Now you are saying he wasn't playing that great? Now you are saying he's been disappointing? 
Okay freddie. Have fun with that bullshit. 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 05:07 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You could at least get it right. I said it would be very difficult and the odds are against us. 
And you did say he was playing well, and then you added "for a fourth round rookie" "He started all 16 games" You went above and beyond to try and discredit anything about it I posted. Now you are saying he wasn't playing that great? Now you are saying he's been disappointing? 
Okay freddie. Have fun with that bullshit. 

The only time I tried to discredit any argument when was people claimed he was the worst center in the league.  I have never denied that he needed to improve a lot over his performance last year.

I know the old boards are gone, but I am pretty sure i can find the same discussion over here somewhere.  I'll guarantee it will include me acknowledging that Bodine needed a lot of improvement.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 04:47 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Am I wrong thinking Chad was actually a better WR?  To be honest I feel like that..  I feel Chad gave more heart!!  I am not a statistic guy I mean but I just feel like he did give me and was hard to stop when he was with us...  I feel like AJ was/is so pumped up he has not lived up to expectations in some ODD way.

Na. I've always felt that way. People always see the shiny new thing as better than the old thing, but Chad was fantastic and had many strengths that AJ doesn't. They both have/had similar deep skills. Chad had better feet and ability to make fantastic sideline catches. Chad was more willing to cross the middle. I'd argue that Chad had better hands. AJ is taller and a better leaper, but he hasn't been using his leaping ability much over the last couple years.

(08-26-2015, 05:07 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The guy comes in as a junior out of college and goes to the Pro-Bowl EVERY year.  Sure, people will argue that it's just a popularity contest, but, when has Cincinnati been one of the pinnacles of popularity?

Well Dalton and Gresh each made the Pro Bowl twice. 
(08-26-2015, 06:18 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: Remember, too, that Chad played his best years with Carson Palmer, who, in his prime, was one of the best pure passers in football.  AJ has had no such benefit.

Chad's best season (arguably) came in 2003 with Kitna as his QB. Palmer was a very average QB for the majority of his career in Cincy.

(08-26-2015, 09:32 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: The real question is who would you rather replace next year? Green or Dalton? I think it's a pretty easy choice.

Not as easy as you think. Good WR's are abundant in the draft and much easier to find than good QB's. It'd depend on what kind of pick we had and what QB's are available at that spot. If we get a top 10 pick in next year's draft, I'd consider it. Although I'm not sure how good the QB prospects are.

(08-26-2015, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If there were an NFL fantasy draft today and I had the 1st pick at WR; I'd take AJ.

AJ isn't even the best fantasy WR in the division. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 06:57 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Mountains out of ant hills.

Par for the fan base.

Probably par for most fan bases.  Overreacting and a bit of self delusion seems to come with the territory.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote