Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ McCarron- Could He Be Traded In Offseason?
Hue wanted the extra 2 and 3 next year when he is back in Cincy. Lol
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 12:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You know, when you criticize the front office for getting high second and 3rd round picks for McCarron, it just sounds silly. Yeah, the trade didn't go through, but that was due to the Browns ineptness, not MB's...

Yep

Would have loved having those picks as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 12:52 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hue wanted the extra 2 and 3 next year when he is back in Cincy.  Lol

Hope not but funny. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Again, Good chance we still get a 2nd round pick for McCarron.

McCarron is a restricted free agent unless Players Union and McCarrons agent win their appeal and get NFL to take his rookie year off injured status. Since NFL allowed McCarron rookie year to be injured status, the odds are NFL doen't change anything in the next 3 months.

All Bengals have to do is put a 2nd round tender on him. Any team taking McCarron and Bengals get an extra 2nd round pick.

You DO NOT want to franchise tag him at 20 million dollars for the 2018 season. Nobody will trade for him at that price. We would then have way too much money to Dalton and McCarron. FORGET THE FRANCHISE TAG.... AS it is NOW, he is a RESTRICTED free agent. We could put a round one tender on him, but what if no teams want to give up a first round pick, which is very possible. We can also put an original draft slot tender on him and we would get a 5th round pick, which is pretty lousy. The best option is the 2nd round draft pick tender. We already know Browns will give up a 2nd round, and other teams are needing quarterbacks as well due to injuries and old age or just awful like Denvers quarterback.

So odds are we get a second round pick for McCarron. All Bengals have to do is apply 3 million dollars to a second round tender. Of course a team will take McCarron and Bengals will get a second round pick. Mike Brown then puts his 3 million back in the bank because a team topped his tender offer. Mike Brown spends no money in the end and walks away with an extra second round pick anyway.

So Bengals will get a second round for McCarron.

Bengals will get a second round for McCarron.

Bengals will get a second round pick for McCarron.

He is a restricted free agent, so just apply a second round tender on him. Cleveland already showed they will give a 2nd round for him.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
@Kevin - if he wins his grievance and is unrestricted, it's not crazy to think he gets a Glennon-type deal and the Bengals get a third round comp. I really don't see a scenario where the Bengals get "nothing" for him -- unless every team in the league determines he's nothing more than backup and worth only a 1 year, minimum deal that would not get the Bengals a comp. But we know how long those odds are.
I'll have more on his appeal tomorrow (Sunday) at Cincinnati.com
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 04:26 PM)jowczarski Wrote: @Kevin - if he wins his grievance and is unrestricted, it's not crazy to think he gets a Glennon-type deal and the Bengals get a third round comp. I really don't see a scenario where the Bengals get "nothing" for him -- unless every team in the league determines he's nothing more than backup and worth only a 1 year, minimum deal that would not get the Bengals a comp. But we know how long those odds are.
I'll have more on his appeal tomorrow (Sunday) at Cincinnati.com

Be sure to post the link and results for us.
Reply/Quote
With the offensive line as bad as it is, I think Andy Dalton wants out of town faster than AJ McCarron!
Reply/Quote
This team sucks, I feel sorry for Jim having to follow it on a professional level. Fix the damn offensive line.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well I bet we can count out resigning him to any kind of deal since he just filed a grievance against us. Such a Bengal like situation, we failed to get any kind of compensation for a player who was clearly worth more to us as a trade then actually on the roster, only to see him walk in free agency without getting jack shit in return........ Oh but that nifty 5th round comp pick we'll get will be nice. I dont think this arbitration is going to go in our favor.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 01:54 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Well I bet we can count out resigning him to any kind of deal since he just filed a grievance against us. Such a Bengal like situation, we failed to get any kind of compensation for a player who was clearly worth more to us as a trade then actually on the roster, only to see him walk in free agency without getting jack shit in return........ Oh but that nifty 5th round comp pick we'll get will be nice. I dont think this arbitration is going to go in our favor.

Right now McCarron is a Restricted Free Agent that we can slap a 1st round tender on for 4 million.....or a 2nd round tender on for 3 million....or an original round tender of him picked in round 5 for 2 million.....Since WE KNOW the Browns offered a 2nd round pick, Bengals would be stupid not to put a 2nd round tender on him.  

Now as for this update we are going to get on McCarrons agents and lawyers with the Players Union filing all this legal paperwork appeal to declare his first year on injured list should be changed to make him an unrestricted free agent. All this clause and sub clause and party of the first part party of the second part jazz.  Well, who in the heck knows what these lawyers on both sides will do.  AS FOR NOW, he is a RESTRICTED free agent and Bengals need to slap at least a 2nd round tender on him.  In that way we end up with an extra 2nd round pick.  Considering Cleveland messed up the 2nd and 3rd round picks trade, coming out of it with a 2nd round sounds great to me. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote