Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ McCarron POSITIVE THREAD
(12-29-2015, 09:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. He may be the best backup we've had since Kitna.

1. When I said McCarron could be a starter "somewhere", I was talking about his long term future. You seem to agree that Andy is the guy here, so if he's going to be a long term starter, it's going to be elsewhere.

2. I've been around these boards for over 5 years and I have a great memory. Dalton has been getting ripped since his rookie season and it really intensified during his 2nd season. Whether you consider McC a rookie or a 2nd year player, Dalton was getting ripped on a consistent basis at the same point in his career. One of the first threads that really tore into Dalton was after he threw a couple INTs against the 49ers in his 3rd game.

3. I support all players that I feel help the Bengals win. Right now I think McC is one of those players. I think he's a fine backup option or starter for when Dalton goes down. He seems like a good guy off the field as well. In fact, I don't even think I've said anything negative about McCarron yet. I just find it interesting how differently he's treated. Dalton is held to a much stricter standard of success, and he always has been.

Agreed.   And it's ridiculous that Dalton is held to the Tom Brady/Joe Montana standard.... And anything less = he sucks
Reply/Quote
I was very impressed with AJM , his ball placement was great, he hit receivers in the numbers. He ran well in the first half, sideline passes were where our guys only could get them. Nobody had to climb a ladder ( rib exposure time ). His future is bright.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 09:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. He may be the best backup we've had since Kitna.

1. When I said McCarron could be a starter "somewhere", I was talking about his long term future. You seem to agree that Andy is the guy here, so if he's going to be a long term starter, it's going to be elsewhere.

2. I've been around these boards for over 5 years and I have a great memory. Dalton has been getting ripped since his rookie season and it really intensified during his 2nd season. Whether you consider McC a rookie or a 2nd year player, Dalton was getting ripped on a consistent basis at the same point in his career. One of the first threads that really tore into Dalton was after he threw a couple INTs against the 49ers in his 3rd game.

3. I support all players that I feel help the Bengals win. Right now I think McC is one of those players. I think he's a fine backup option or starter for when Dalton goes down. He seems like a good guy off the field as well. In fact, I don't even think I've said anything negative about McCarron yet. I just find it interesting how differently he's treated. Dalton is held to a much stricter standard of success, and he always has been.

1 i understood your point support him
2 these boards for 5 years you mean bengals.com
3 aj mccarron is our best shot until AD comes back so we should give him our best support no matter who is in the uni

if you truly mean what you are saying take down that signature of Macaroni...  cause no-one will take what you just said seriously.  You can put it right back up if we get beat in the playoffs with McCarron in...  and PS...  The only thing I have against Andy Dalton a few years back i was eating some popcorn at the game and BAM!!!  his pass spilled my popcorn everywhere...
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 08:21 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Our last two starters (Carson and Andy) weren't able to do that here either. Just saying.

Andy has won many big games.. as for Carson not as many... First your statement is someone weak since there are only 16 games in a season.. most of the games in the NFL are big.. and since Andy has led us to the playoffs 5 straight years of course he has won big games.. he has lost them too.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 09:57 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: 1 i understood your point support him
2 these boards for 5 years you mean bengals.com
3 aj mccarron is our best shot so we should give him our best support no matter who is in the uni

if you truly mean what you are saying take down that signature of Macaroni...  cause no-one will take what you just said seriously.  You can put it right back up if we get beat in the playoffs with McCarron in...  and PS...  The only thing I have against Andy Dalton a few years back i was eating some popcorn at the game and BAM!!!  his pass spilled my popcorn everywhere...

This is getting silly.

1. Saying McCarron isn't going to be the long term starter here doesn't = I don't "support" him. You said yourself that Dalton is the man here. I agree with you and I hope McCarron plays lights out for as long as he's starting for the Bengals. 

2. Duh, really? These boards, this community of posters, whatever you want to call it. I see you're not debating anything I said.

3. I agree. McCarron gives us a better shot than Wenning, Mike Kafka or any QB on the street.

The Macaroni sig isn't my way of insulting McCarron, so I'm not sure what you're saying. I think the whole "macaroni" thing is a little funny, especially with the way people flip out about it. Plus I kinda like McCarron, so there's that.

I never said you personally have a problem with Dalton. I was speaking in general.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This is getting out of hand. The Bengals have a QB who has won 50 games the past 5 seasons and has helped lead the team to 5 consecutive playoff berths. That same QB has set or been neat setting QB records that only 2 other QBs have started their careers with and 1 of those is a HOFer and the other one will be. Said QB has set team records and helped lead these Bengals to success they have NEVER had in the history of the franchise. Said QB was having the best season of his young career and had this team looking like a serious Super Bowl Contender while being considered an MVP candidate. This same QB has helped to turn this franchise around and into a yearly contender as opposed to cellar dweller.

All of that said, there is more negative said about that QB than is said about a second year backup. I wish these same McCarron supporters would show Dalton half the love they're gushing on McCarron. I support McCarron because he is the QB of my favorite team (for the moment), but I'm not going to fawn over the guy simply because he's not Dalton.

Dalton has been blasted by this fan base since Day 1. Give Dalton the same stats as McCarron has had the last 3 weeks and people would be shitting all over him. Don't give me the veteran-rookie crap, they're all professionals. Back up QBs wouldn't have been pissing themselves over playing the Broncos. Again, they're professionals, it's their job. Dalton is held to unrealistic expectations when people want to stroke McCarron for completing a pass.

Did people actually watch the game last night? McCarron wasn't that great in the first half either. He threw some great wobblers and all of those sideline passes weren't placed perfectly. If Dalton had made the exact same throws, he would have been crucified. Since all that matters is that it's not Dalton, people are willing to overlook and forgive.

This isn't saying McCarron is worthless, it's just saying he is what he is; a backup QB. I have yet to see anything that makes me want McCarron to be the starter over Dalton.

tl;dr - Why can't the fans support Dalton like McCarron?
Reply/Quote

Truthfully.....I haven't seen much negative said about the guy...save for one or two posters.  What's going on is folks think we all forgot the incessant bashing of AD (or weren't there to read it) , and think we should all fall at the Altar of AJ if we even sniff a win.

My assessment of AJM have been right in line with yours....objective and realistic. As a backup...you couldn't ask for more.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 10:34 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: This is getting out of hand. The Bengals have a QB who has won 50 games the past 5 seasons and has helped lead the team to 5 consecutive playoff berths. That same QB has set or been neat setting QB records that only 2 other QBs have started their careers with and 1 of those is a HOFer and the other one will be. Said QB has set team records and helped lead these Bengals to success they have NEVER had in the history of the franchise. Said QB was having the best season of his young career and had this team looking like a serious Super Bowl Contender while being considered an MVP candidate. This same QB has helped to turn this franchise around and into a yearly contender as opposed to cellar dweller.

All of that said, there is more negative said about that QB than is said about a second year backup. I wish these same McCarron supporters would show Dalton half the love they're gushing on McCarron. I support McCarron because he is the QB of my favorite team (for the moment), but I'm not going to fawn over the guy simply because he's not Dalton.

Dalton has been blasted by this fan base since Day 1. Give Dalton the same stats as McCarron has had the last 3 weeks and people would be shitting all over him. Don't give me the veteran-rookie crap, they're all professionals. Back up QBs wouldn't have been pissing themselves over playing the Broncos. Again, they're professionals, it's their job. Dalton is held to unrealistic expectations when people want to stroke McCarron for completing a pass.

Did people actually watch the game last night? McCarron wasn't that great in the first half either. He threw some great wobblers and all of those sideline passes weren't placed perfectly. If Dalton had made the exact same throws, he would have been crucified. Since all that matters is that it's not Dalton, people are willing to overlook and forgive.

This isn't saying McCarron is worthless, it's just saying he is what he is; a backup QB. I have yet to see anything that makes me want McCarron to be the starter over Dalton.

tl;dr - Why can't the fans support Dalton like McCarron?

Dalton I believe is 4-13 overall between the playoffs and primetime games. When the fanbase of the under 30 crowd cant remember a playoff win as I barely can, there is a much bigger premium put on those games he hasnt exactly played good in.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 09:47 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: I was very impressed with AJM , his ball placement was great, he hit receivers in the numbers. He ran well in the first half, sideline passes were where our guys only could get them. Nobody had to climb a ladder ( rib exposure time ). His future is bright.

First completion of the game....AJ took a shot to the ribs over the middle.....Confused

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 10:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This is getting silly.

1. Saying McCarron isn't going to be the long term starter here doesn't = I don't "support" him. You said yourself that Dalton is the man here. I agree with you and I hope McCarron plays lights out for as long as he's starting for the Bengals. 

2. Duh, really? These boards, this community of posters, whatever you want to call it. I see you're not debating anything I said.

3. I agree. McCarron gives us a better shot than Wenning, Mike Kafka or any QB on the street.

The Macaroni sig isn't my way of insulting McCarron, so I'm not sure what you're saying. I think the whole "macaroni" thing is a little funny, especially with the way people flip out about it. Plus I kinda like McCarron, so there's that.

I never said you personally have a problem with Dalton. I was speaking in general.

Right out of my Hands buddy Right out of my Hands..... Popcorn Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG. [b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOSWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.H[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWAN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKEK DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE BLAKESIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TALovesKE DOWN MacCarronTHE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG shakeTAKE DO&WN THEblake SIG TAKE DOWNloves McCarronTHE SIG.[b]Take DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG TAKE DOWN THE SIG.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:34 PM)GodFather Wrote: That second half I fault on the extremely poor offensive line, from the running and pass protection. doesn't matter what QB is in the backfield the Broncos D made adjustments and manhandled the offensive line that second half. AJ did what he could under those circumstances.

The o-line was probably gassed worse than the d-line at that point. Not an excuse, just saying.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 10:46 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Dalton I believe is 4-13 overall between the playoffs and primetime games. When the fanbase of the under 30 crowd cant remember a playoff win as I barely can, there is a much bigger premium put on those games he hasnt exactly played good in.

...and Marv is 4-12 overall between the playoffs and prime-time without Dalton. The results have been identical regardless of who the QB is.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Macaroni has played very well overall in my opinion. About my only knock on him is holding the ball to long on a few plays, hopefully he learns to stop that. And sooner rather than later.

To me the jury is still way out on AJM, he isn't horrible by any means and in fact has shown a lot of promise. Do I think he's going to oust Dalton ? not at all.

Do I think he has potential ? absolutely
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 08:21 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Our last two starters (Carson and Andy) weren't able to do that here either. Just saying.

Andy Dalton beat the Steelers in 2012 to knock them out of the playoffs and send us in.

Andy Dalton led an amazing comeback drive against the Seahawks, defending Super Bowl team.

In 2013 Andy Dalton beat every playoff team in the regular season that they played.

This season, Dalton is 3-2 against teams with winning records. Lost to the Texans and Cardinals. However, he was 10-2 overall.
Oh, led the Bengals to their best start to a season. Also didn't lose to a team with a winning record this year.

Him and Green put the team on their backs against the Ravens early on this year.

So.....what big games are you talking about that he hasn't won? Dalton has done fairly well.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one who doesn't want to give u a km after the season? I know it's just twitter but alot of fans want hue with aj to play qb. Barring an awesome trade nothing less than a 2nd . I think aj has the tools to be great.

Not saying it's smart or I would do it but if dalton were traded would that not give us the money to resign all our guys like PAC illoka Sanu and mj?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 12:15 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Am I the only one who doesn't want to give u a km after the season? I know it's just twitter but alot of fans want hue with aj to play qb. Barring an awesome trade nothing less than a 2nd . I think aj has the tools to be great.

Not saying it's smart or I would do it  but if dalton were traded would that not give us the money to resign all our guys like PAC illoka Sanu and mj?

Nope.. plus Dalton means more to the team than anyone one of those other players...
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 07:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I like him and I think he's playing really well for a backup. He may wind up a starter somewhere. That said, if Dalton had the exact same games against SF and Denver, the tune would be different from some people. Dalton would've been roasted for only leading the offense to 17 points while fumbling away the game.

That's why this thread is so funny.

He fumbled the ball before handling the snap in OT and everyone is treating him with kid gloves. He's played 2 halves of decent football (One against a low tier team.) but I haven't seen a complete game yet.

Some have spent so long running their mouth about how inferior Dalton is and how great McCarron would be that their ego can't take it when he wasn't up to par.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 02:03 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: That's why this thread is so funny.

He fumbled the ball before handling the snap in OT and everyone is treating him with kid gloves. He's played 2 halves of decent football (One against a low tier team.) but I haven't seen a complete game yet.

Some have spent so long running their mouth about how inferior Dalton is and how great McCarron would be that their ego can't take it when he wasn't up to par.

I am going back to review some of Andy First Year/Second Year footage..............  this might take some time....
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 09:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed.   And it's ridiculous that Dalton is held to the Tom Brady/Joe Montana standard.... And anything less = he sucks

That's not just a Bengals/Dalton things, that's a lot of NFL fans now. If your team's QB isn't on the type of level that Brady/Brees/Manning were on, then they suck. I've visited the Jags board the past two seasons and there have been plenty of people already giving up on Bortles. Jets fan practically gave up on the season when Geno/Fitzpatrick was their QB comp. I've even read Pats fans who have wondered if they should move on from Brady.

It's the nature of the fans in the NFL.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 05:59 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That's not just a Bengals/Dalton things, that's a lot of NFL fans now. If your team's QB isn't on the type of level that Brady/Brees/Manning were on, then they suck. I've visited the Jags board the past two seasons and there have been plenty of people already giving up on Bortles. Jets fan practically gave up on the season when Geno/Fitzpatrick was their QB comp. I've even read Pats fans who have wondered if they should move on from Brady.

It's the nature of the fans in the NFL.

I wonder how soon we will be hearing Aaron Rodgers name come up???  if it has not already???
Reply/Quote