Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ McCarron Trade in Works
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/9/14868636/nfl-trade-rumors-jets-aj-mccarron-deal-sheldon-richardson

A deal that would land us Sheldon Richardson

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:51 PM)Okeana Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/9/14868636/nfl-trade-rumors-jets-aj-mccarron-deal-sheldon-richardson

Sounds great until you remember that Dalton is likely to be murdered by a RDE at some point this season.
Reply/Quote
Can't deal McCarron to another team when Dalton is poised to be killed this season.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Not too mention Sheldon is only under contract for 1 more year. Next year looks bleak right now. I rather have a 2nd rounder that the Bengals could get 4 years out of
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
Hasn't Richardson been in a bunch of legal trouble in the past?
Reply/Quote
Rather keep McCarron.

This draft is loaded with good DE.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:54 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: Sounds great until you remember that Dalton is likely to be murdered by a RDE at some point this season.

Lol...just so you know, the bengals could very well fix the oline with a solid draft and a decent free agent or 2. Yes I know it sucks to lose our own, but sometimes that's what it takes to fix the issues we have. As far as grabbing a guy like Richardson, that would be a boon to our line, I just hope if it happens that we can extend him.
Reply/Quote
Isn't this the same guy that has been suspended for PEDS and the same guy that the Jets desperately want to get rid of?

No thanks. If I'm playing Madden, yes, but I don't trust this guy at all.

Just take the 2nd rounder and move on.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:59 PM)Paul from Dayton Wrote: Not too mention Sheldon is only under contract for 1 more year.  Next year looks bleak right now.  I rather have a 2nd rounder that the Bengals could get 4 years out of

Well bengals get an impact DE, and then still get a 3rd round comp pick when he signs somewhere else.  Or maybe bengals sign him long term

It's a win win
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:00 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Hasn't Richardson been in a bunch of legal trouble in the past?

He had a street racing incident, but nothing after that.

(03-09-2017, 12:59 PM)Paul from Dayton Wrote: Not too mention Sheldon is only under contract for 1 more year. Next year looks bleak right now. I rather have a 2nd rounder that the Bengals could get 4 years out of

Agreed as part of this deal there has to be some type of extension or some type of draft pick compensation packaged

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:02 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Well bengals get an impact DE, and then still get a 3rd round comp pick when he signs somewhere else.  Or maybe bengals sign him long term

It's a win win

In reality, he's a DT in a 4-3.  Not a good fit for DE in our scheme.  I don't see why the Bengals would want him.
Reply/Quote
This draft is loaded with good defense. We need extra picks now that we have to go OT early.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:03 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: In reality, he's a DT in a 4-3.  Not a good fit for DE in our scheme.  I don't see why the Bengals would want him.

Desperation. They have to known the fans are livid and going to be calling for a few heads on a pike. They need to make some sort of splash.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:06 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: Desperation. They have to known the fans are livid and going to be calling for a few heads on a pike. They need to make some sort of splash.

Except this would be a belly flop...  Not the deal they should take burning the most valuable asset...
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:02 PM)Okeana Wrote: He had a street racing incident, but nothing after that.  

Agreed as part of this deal there has to be some type of extension or some type of draft pick compensation packaged

He's also notorious for showing up late and/or missing meetings.

I don't see him as being a good fit here.  You have to ask yourself why the Jets would want to get rid of a young, talented D-lineman.  
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:03 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: In reality, he's a DT in a 4-3.  Not a good fit for DE in our scheme.  I don't see why the Bengals would want him.

because he can play next to atkins and they can draft a DE ?  It looks like they are letting Peko walk and this would be a huge improvement.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He's also notorious for showing up late and/or missing meetings.

I don't see him as being a good fit here.  You have to ask yourself why the Jets would want to get rid of a young, talented D-lineman.  

Because they are loaded on interior lineman and forced him to play DE.  

Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton just put his house on the market after this morning. Sad
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:10 PM)Okeana Wrote: Because they are loaded on interior lineman and forced him to play DE.  

They run a 3-4, he's not a nose tackle and he was drafted to play DE.  They are trying to get rid of him because he's been nothing but trouble in the locker room since he's arrived.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:08 PM)Paul from Dayton Wrote: Except this would be a belly flop...  Not the deal they should take burning the most valuable asset...

True. But at this point they have to be sweating beads. They are likely to lose the top 3 FAs we have. They've always sold us on the fact that our players are home grown and rewarded with contracts. Well, they couldn't have fallen flatter on their faces this off-season so far. They need to do something major to win back fan support. I can already tell you that I'm going to take a year off if they do nothing.
Reply/Quote