Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does this team lack creativity?
(03-11-2017, 09:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: First you say the same thing happens to every team.  Yet you claim only the Bengals are bad for letting it happen.  I can't make any sense of this.

The funny thing is that when the Bengals to show creativity like fininding players in the CFL (Jeanty, Hawkins) or finding an elite OC in the arena league (Gruden) the smae fans who squeal and cry about the Bengals never doing anything creative sqealu and cry about the Bengals being so desperate they have to look in the CFL or Arena league.  seriously. the haters here had a field day when we signed Gruden as our OC.  To them is was absolute proof that the Bengals were a joke of an arganization.

Fred, Some days I think you are just trying for Hobspins job. Jeanty and Hawkins? Really? What have they done. That's right we let Hawkins go to so there is some similarities. As for Gruden, How freakin hard was it to find a HOF coachs brother. I never complained about his hire. I said I can understand letting Zeitler go but they should have kept Whit after seeing how poor OG and Fisher played. Yes all teams lose players but most atl east try to make up for their lost via FA. We draft and hope, that takes too long. At some point this team has got to change its philosophy and dip into FA to stop the bleeding. Just because this franchise does something dosent make it right. So are we really the fools because we disagree with Brown, or are you the fool for worshipping him.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 09:14 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The Bengals have not cut Jones, Maualuga, or Peko.......Any competent organization would have cut them Day 1. to free up money to get better. Bengals keep these losers around because they are cheap and are nice guys....Performance be damned. This season will be bad. We will witness the return of the BUNGLES. Time for the fans to act, yet again, to garner some resemblance of change from Mike Brown. No money  from me this year.

The reason the Bengals have not cut Pat Sims, Jones, or Maualuga yet is because they are averse to risk.
I think Sims, Maualuga, and/or Jones will follow the same path that BJGE and Tate did. They will stay on the roster more as insurance in case of injury or lack of performance from others.
If no big injuries happen and the others show enough, there is a decent chance these players could get cut.

The problem with this is it occupies the available cap space since a team must stay under the cap throughout the entire offseason. And by staying under the cap, I mean the top 53 contracts must not exceed the cap.

If the Bengals would cut a declining player like Maualuga or troubled (and declining?) player like Jones, it would have freed up cap space to likely be able to retain Whitworth.
But instead, we have to sit through an entire offseason hoping that everyone stays healthy enough that these players can be cut. That money will then be used toward extensions of upcoming FAs and/or rolled over at the end of the season.

TL;DR - Aversion to risk is why this team lacks creativity.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nepotism.
Reply/Quote