Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ McCarron is playing today
For anyone interested in rooting for a former Bengal, he's currently playing today in the XFL for the St. Louis Battlehawks and former Bengal Bruce Gradkowski is the OC
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 05:10 PM)Trademark Wrote: For anyone interested in rooting for a former Bengal, he's currently playing today in the XFL for the St. Louis Battlehawks and former Bengal Bruce Gradkowski is the OC

I watched the other game yesterday and it wasn't that bad from a pure football standpoint.

There weren't many notable names but it still wasn't bad to watch.

I'm hoping it keeps growing.
Reply/Quote
Fun to watch. Crazy rules.

I understand it’s not the level of the NFL, but AJ looks good in Q4.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 07:54 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Fun to watch. Crazy rules.

I understand it’s not the level of the NFL, but AJ looks good in Q4.

I'm digging the XFL, they got it right this time. Happy to have football during the NFL off season. AJ looked tremendous in the 4th quarter, I will probably be rooting for them
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I started a damn XFL thread in "other sports", dammit! Rant

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I've tried watching several of the other leagues back through the years and have just never been able to "get into it". But perhaps I'll try again with AJ's team?
Reply/Quote
I just watched highlights. He made some nice throws at the end to complete a comeback.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 09:13 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I just watched highlights. He made some nice throws at the end to complete a comeback.

Anytime a team that Hines Ward is associated with loses, it's a good day.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Until Joe Burrow came along and led the Bengals to a Super Bowl and to the AFC Championship, AJ McCarron was the closest Bengal quarterback to winning a playoff game. I would still consider him in a backup role; he just has has that swagger which can’t be taught.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 10:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Until Joe Burrow came along and led the Bengals to a Super Bowl and to the AFC Championship, AJ McCarron was the closest Bengal quarterback to winning a playoff game.  I would still consider him in a backup role; he just has has that swagger which can’t be taught.

oh my god, people still wont let it go lmfao
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 11:13 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: oh my god, people still wont let it go lmfao

Likely not much separating him and Allen. Just saying.
Reply/Quote
For the sake of football fans in St. Louis, I hope the league takes off and they get a winner there because they probably won't put another NFL franchise there.
Reply/Quote
Sunday night game was pretty entertaining....the league has some pretty good coaches too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROASAiP97sHoc2FnbZSx0...A&usqp=CAU]

[Image: XFL-New-Logos-2023.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Did the announcer go all Brent Musberger on AJ's wife during the game ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 12:41 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Likely not much separating him and Allen. Just saying.

Macaroni was shit, is shit and always will be shit.

We had an elite oline, elite receiver trio and Eifert being the best TE redzone threat in team history, not to mention insane TD production from our RBs.

He STILL struggled in wins (his best game being against a 5-11 49ers team that trotted out Blaine Gabbert as their starter) and still had issues that should have been easy to iron out in year 2.

Since his and Allen's best games of their careers came against similar teams in similar circumstances, let's compare:

Macaroni: 15/21 (71%), 9.14 YPA, 1 TD, 0 INTs, 2 carries, 2 yards, 115.6 rating
Allen: 29/37 (78%), 10.3 YPA, 2 TD, 0 INTs, 2 carries, 3 yards, 126.5 rating

And Macaroni leaned on his D for the win, Allen had to put the team on his shoulders to make the comeback.

Probably the only thing he has better than Allen is accuracy, but outside of that, they are similar QBs and one is fully-entrenched in our system, plus is well-liked by the staff and QB1.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 11:13 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: oh my god, people still wont let it go lmfao

The guy never really had "it" in the NFL yet some still cling.

I'll take wooden teeth beating the Steelers as a good memory over Macaroni in the epic meltdown any day of the week.  LMAO

[Image: mwvs7QCraDjO9cGqLRfUTJKLeWW7uPOsLJmnKUG0...71ceb59686]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote