Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ McCarron signed to 53
With CTB heading to IR, the Bengals have made the inevitable move and signed AJ McCarron to the 53 man roster

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 04:41 PM)pally Wrote: With CTB heading to IR, the Bengals have made the inevitable move and signed AJ McCarron to the 53 man roster

Any chance he plays over Browning?

Selfishly, I hope he does (assuming he can still throw) because I have Chase in fantasy.

In terms of the team, if he can still play at the level he did when he was here, he'd be a lot better than Browning.
Reply/Quote
Let’s give AJ McCarron a chance to start next week if Jake Browning poops the bed again. With Kansas City, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh losing yesterday the AFC playoff picture is becoming very murky; with some wins the Bengals could slide into a wild card berth. In my opinion AJ gives Cincinnati a much better chance of getting there; he’s been in big games before.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 07:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Any chance he plays over Browning?

Selfishly, I hope he does (assuming he can still throw) because I have Chase in fantasy.

In terms of the team, if he can still play at the level he did when he was here, he'd be a lot better than Browning.

Its a sad state of affairs to think these are our current QB options
Tell us you are Tanking without telling us Zac 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 07:18 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Let’s give AJ McCarron a chance to start next week if Jake Browning poops the bed again.  With Kansas City, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh losing yesterday the AFC playoff picture is becoming very murky; with some wins the Bengals could slide into a wild card berth.  In my opinion AJ gives Cincinnati a much better chance of getting there; he’s been in big games before.

What FIK said. I would give Browning one more game, the Jags aren't quite as good of a Defense as the stealers, maybe 
Browning can gain some confidence in this one, we will see. Was nice seeing all those teams lose yesterday gotta say.

The stealers losing to the Cardinals lol  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 07:18 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Let’s give AJ McCarron a chance to start next week if Jake Browning poops the bed again.  With Kansas City, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh losing yesterday the AFC playoff picture is becoming very murky; with some wins the Bengals could slide into a wild card berth.  In my opinion AJ gives Cincinnati a much better chance of getting there; he’s been in big games before.
Obviously, it's dependent on if he looks like he still has it in practice, but I'd start McCarron over him since we can't afford to lose many more games, and definitely not ones that we're supposed to win.

If he struggles against tonight, I'd pull him at half.
(12-04-2023, 07:19 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Its a sad state of affairs to think these are our current QB options
Tell us you are Tanking without telling us Zac 
AJ won the first playoff game here in 30 years until Hill pulled off one of the biggest blunders in NFL history.
(12-04-2023, 07:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What FIK said. I would give Browning one more game, the Jags aren't quite as good of a Defense as the stealers, maybe 
Browning can gain some confidence in this one, we will see. Was nice seeing all those teams lose yesterday gotta say.

The stealers losing to the Cardinals lol  Hilarious

Hilarious

I suddenly have a very slim glimpse of hope but don't know if that's a good thing because we could get just good enough to improve our draft position out of a difference-maker we want but not enough to make the playoffs or anything.

Maybe we shouldn't let AJ play lol.
Reply/Quote
Woot! Woot! Let’s do this thing Zac! AJ led us to the playoffs once. Time to coach your tail off!

I’d love to see a win tonight! If browning struggles via throwing another ugly pick, throw in McNasty and let’s get down to business. Just call a balanced game.

I’m fully expecting a loss. I think our secondary will continue to get exposed. I think our offense will struggle.but if they show up we could win..

This could be a statement game for Zac. What statement will he make?
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 07:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hilarious

I suddenly have a very slim glimpse of hope but don't know if that's a good thing because we could get just good enough to improve our draft position out of a difference-maker we want but not enough to make the playoffs or anything.

Maybe we shouldn't let AJ play lol.

Yeah, I am on the fence about winning myself at this point. I highly doubt if we somehow got into the Playoffs that we would win 
with Browning or McCarron honestly. Highly doubt we have a chance at getting this high of a pick again in Burrow's career. Like he 
said the window is open his entire career for Championships. Getting another special player might be just the medicine we need.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 07:47 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Woot! Woot! Let’s do this thing Zac! AJ led us to the playoffs once. Time to coach your tail off!

I’d love to see a win tonight! If browning struggles via throwing another ugly pick, throw in McNasty and let’s get down to business. Just call a balanced game.

I’m fully expecting a loss. I think our secondary will continue to get exposed. I think our offense will struggle.but if they show up we could win..

This could be a statement game for Zac. What statement will he make?

If Etienne is out, I expect Tank Bigsby to have a big night against our Defense if we don't pull our heads out of our asses in run D.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 07:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If Etienne is out, I expect Tank Bigsby to have a big night against our Defense if we don't pull our heads out of our asses in run D.

The recipe for a win is stop the run, get after Lawrence, and limit them to under 30 points while our offense says burrow who? And puts up 35.

Zac needs to make a statement on offense tonight. Jags have a good defense. He’ll have to prove himself tonight.

I’m expecting a blowout by the jags, but I would expect a Belicheck-type coach to make a statement.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 07:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I am on the fence about winning myself at this point. I highly doubt if we somehow got into the Playoffs that we would win 
with Browning or McCarron honestly. Highly doubt we have a chance at getting this high of a pick again in Burrow's career. Like he 
said the window is open his entire career for Championships. Getting another special player might be just the medicine we need.

If Browning suddenly started playing well enough, maybe we could trade him (and our first round [and maybe more]) to trade up to get a difference maker.

Or even tag Tee and package a trade for Tee and a draft pick (first?) to move up.

Like you said, I doubt we ever pick this high again with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 07:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If Etienne is out, I expect Tank Bigsby to have a big night against our Defense if we don't pull our heads out of our asses in run D.

Reports are he is playing.

Reply/Quote
If he’s just being signed to the 53 man, who was the backup last week?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 09:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If he’s just being signed to the 53 man, who was the backup last week?

He was elevated from the practice squad last week

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 09:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If he’s just being signed to the 53 man, who was the backup last week?

Frank the tank pollack. He’ll eat his way out of any jam. He’ll eat anything!
Reply/Quote