Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ On The Trade Block Too...
(10-20-2020, 10:59 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: AJ had unrealistic expectations coming into the season, or rather fans did.  He was past 30, hadn't
played much in 2 seasons and would be matched up against the best DB's in the beginning of the season.  Receivers fade fast in the NFL because of matchups, they are playing against 24-28 year old guys at the peak of their skills.  AJ's bad season didn't surprise me at all, in fact I expected him to look bad.  If the Bengals had cut him, the fans would have howled in outrage.  Now fans howl in outrage all season long.  

Defense is terrible this season.  Offensive is about average in the league.  This is the reverse from what I expected.  
Trades for our aging vets are DOA.  The Bengals are stuck with them for the rest of the season.  For me this season is simply one of preserving the mental and physical health of one QB, Joe Burrow.  Who coaches next year isn't a concern, whoever does will relish the opportunity to coach Burrow.

They franchised him for 18 million. Top 3 wr money.
Reply/Quote
It wouldn't surprise me if AJ had a huge game this week against the Browns. If he is on the block, what better way to maximize his value before the deadline?

I don't think he's as washed up as a lot of people think he is. I wouldn't write him off just yet. I think he breaks out vs. the Browns.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:49 PM)Tony Wrote: I hope they do.. It's working in Miami.. They have been worst than us the last 20 years too.. 

It's working in Miami? They're 3-3. They jettisoned a QB who is playing lights out along with other contributors. You know what worked for them? Getting rid of Jim Turner, Zac Taylor, and Adam Gase... Hmmm.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 11:50 PM)jason Wrote: It's working in Miami? They're 3-3. They jettisoned a QB who is playing lights out along with other contributors. You know what worked for them? Getting rid of Jim Turner, Zac Taylor, and Adam Gase... Hmmm.

3-3 sounds pretty good to me right about now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Be nice to see some real movement at the trade deadline besides Mike Brown's usual bowel movement. Who knows? We were active in FA, maybe we will make moves at or near the trade deadline.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 11:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 3-3 sounds pretty good to me right about now.

Cleveland, Tennessee, and Pittsburgh.....  Sure, when monkeys fly out of my arse!

They can't stop the run. They're suseptable to play action. They're not going to win these games. Your " franchise savior" will be lucky to come out of the next three games with a pulse. These three defense's are going to beat him up badly!!

I explained it to you months ago,but you were like a three year old at the ice cream counter. I WANT SPRINKLES! I WANT SPRINKLES! Sprinkles aren't shit without the right flavor and cone.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 01:44 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Cleveland, Tennessee, and Pittsburgh.....  Sure, when monkeys fly out of my arse!

They can't stop the run. They're suseptable to play action. They're not going to win these games. Your " franchise savior" will be lucky to come out of the next three games with a pulse. These three defense's are going to beat him up badly!!

I explained it to you months ago,but you were like a three year old at the ice cream counter. I WANT SPRINKLES! I WANT SPRINKLES! Sprinkles aren't shit without the right flavor and cone.

You really are dense. I was clearly talking about how I’d swap our 1-4-1 record with Miami’s 3-3. I’d think a “coach” would understand we can’t mathematically be 3-3 going forward...

Also, I predicted we’d go 7-9 this season (clearly too optimistic), so you can gtfoh with your bs nonsense about a “franchise savior.” I never claimed he’d fix this mess in his rookie season (because that would be stupid), or that he’d be enough all by himself. But he’s the one and only thing keeping most people interested right now, I can guarantee you that. No matter how butthurt (for whatever weird reason) that makes you.

Reply/Quote