Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton says offense is “all new”
(04-23-2018, 01:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah....it just boggles my mind that people were defending Piano Man some 8 years later.  Hell, even fred said it was time to go after last season....but I've seen a post or two that hinted at absolving him of any blame for the current fiasco up front.  I'm like....WTF? Shocked

Amazing huh ? 

We can't get the ball out of the backfield on two plays out of four, and the two that do go for 1.6 yards and there's excuses ?

PA's stand straight up and be nice hoping to get in the way of defenders somewhere down the line blocking scheme sucked ! PERIOD

Not to mention player selections and so on. The piano man was 75% or better of our O-line problems. Of that I've little doubt !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 01:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah....it just boggles my mind that people were defending Piano Man some 8 years later.  Hell, even fred said it was time to go after last season....but I've seen a post or two that hinted at absolving him of any blame for the current fiasco up front.  I'm like....WTF? Shocked

It really is puzzling how anyone could be a fan of the guy in the face of all the evidence against him. I'm a fan of the team, and if you're hurting the team, kick rocks. Marvin has made the offensive identity as somewhat of a run-first team, yet we've been awful running the ball. Last year we were on pace to set franchise records for rushing futility before the interim OC switched things up.

Ivory Tickler has been confirmed as the run game coordinator on top of his duties as OL coach. Who else would be more responsible for what we saw over the last decade plus? Smh. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 07:12 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Huh... That makes me nervous.

Makes me feel more confident myself. Last year Lazor had to inherit a jumbled mess. Blow that shit up and start fresh.

Also says something like Lazor is going to cater the Offense more to his players skillset rather than the Playbook which i
also like. Have always thought we never used our players to their strengths near enough. Sounds like we are going to run
a Run Pass Option, West Coast/Chip Kelly Offense with an aggressive Directional Blocking Scheme.

This is exciting stuff if we get a top Center like Ragnow in this Draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 12:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah.....with an extra tackle and a fullback....

(04-23-2018, 01:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...and unbalanced lines, loading the right or left then usually running in that direction. 

Even with all that, we still finished 20th in YPC. 

Hilarious  Man i am so happy that guy is gone. Terrible at coaching up run blocking.

Pollack on the other hand is great at coaching both run blocking and pass protection. Really excited for this very reason.

If we get Ragnow or Price at Center i will be slobbering about this season coming up.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 05:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Makes me feel more confident myself. Last year Lazor had to inherit a jumbled mess. Blow that shit up and start fresh.
Also says something like Lazor is going to cater the Offense more to his players skillset rather than the Playbook which i
also like. Have always thought we never used our players to their strengths near enough. Sounds like we are going to run
a Run Pass Option, West Coast/Chip Kelly Offense with an aggressive Directional Blocking Scheme.

This is exciting stuff if we get a top Center like Ragnow in this Draft.

Yep !

I mean it's not like what we were doing was working. I have zero problems with a total makeover. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I didnt really know much about Lazor when he took over in mid-season, but he probably saved us from having a way worse record than we did. I cant lie when season ended I was kind of hoping for some big name OC, but they signed him and he's our guy now. I do agree he earned it so I did some research and watched some of his videos and I have to say, I think this guy could be really good, and I'm excited to see what he comes up with. I really like how he talks and what he's saying and he's had some good success in the past with what I consider a lot less talent than we currently have. He has a better demeanor than Zampese did in a big way and I believe thats important. He reminds me of a guy who can be a players coach and I think that's what we need to gel. Zim is a players coach. I think this guy is a lot like that.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 10:12 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I didnt really know much about Lazor when he took over in mid-season, but he probably saved us from having a way worse record than we did. I cant lie when season ended I was kind of hoping for some big name OC, but they signed him and he's our guy now. I do agree he earned it so I did some research and watched some of his videos and I have to say, I think this guy could be really good, and I'm excited to see what he comes up with. I really like how he talks and what he's saying and he's had some good success in the past with what I consider a lot less talent than we currently have. He has a better demeanor than Zampese did in a big way and I believe thats important. He reminds me of a guy who can be a players coach and I think that's what we need to gel. Zim is a players coach. I think this guy is a lot like that.

How can you not like the guy when he castrated PA and helped us bring in Frank Pollack.
Reply/Quote