Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ Wants To Wipe The Slate Clean........
AJ Green wants to wipe the slate clean after "crummy" season.

AJ's statistics weren't that bad last season, but he wasn't happy, and he's ready for a big year:

Quote:The statistics of his season won't ever quite tell the story: 16 starts, 75 receptions, 1,078 receiving yards and 8 touchdowns. Many wide receivers might consider that a solid year, but Green thought it stunk.

"My stats were crummy," he said. "I'm never one to put my personal stats up front, I just go out there and play."

Green said he knows he can't let the frustration overcome him as it did at times last year. For a man who prefers actions over words, he probably talked more last year than he ever wished.

I love it because, like I've been saying, we're changing the entire culture with new players and new coaches. We're not settling for mediocrity because we want to take the next step.

I also love that he says he needs to learn to stay calm because that's been a problem with this franchise: one thing goes wrong, the team gives up, and things start to snowball out of control.

He knows he an Andy need to get back on the same page and that he wasn't on his game last season:

Quote:Green is normally the most reliable player the Bengals have on offense, but for whatever reason, things weren't clicking with him -- or anyone else -- last season. Passes he normally would have caught bounced off his fingers and into defenders' arms. Deep passes from quarterback Andy Dalton just didn't connect.

"The deep ball definitely is one of the things we need to focus on," Green said. "We left a lot of plays out there. ... It [was] a combination of everything. We just have to put everything together."

Along with a new system from offensive coordinator Bill Lazor, Green will also have a new wide receivers coach for the first time in his NFL career, something he thinks will give energy to the offense.

"I was blessed to have [James Urban] for my first seven years and really have no change to the offense," Green said. "This is going to be a challenge. I'm ready for that."

I feel like having an entire offseason with Lazor's new offense, along with a new receivers coach, will ignite Green and he'll play with a new energy and put up a HUGE season!

I'M LOVING IT BECAUSE EVERYONE IS BUYING INTO THE SEASON AND THE NEW COACHES!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
Who is he going to the mat with now ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals the only remaining NFL team using "slate boards" to draw up plays.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2018, 03:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: AJ Green wants to wipe the slate clean after "crummy" season.

AJ's statistics weren't that bad last season, but he wasn't happy, and he's ready for a big year:

I love it because, like I've been saying, we're changing the entire culture with new players and new coaches.  We're not settling for mediocrity because we want to take the next step.

I also love that he says he needs to learn to stay calm because that's been a problem with this franchise: one thing goes wrong, the team gives up, and things start to snowball out of control.

He knows he an Andy need to get back on the same page and that he wasn't on his game last season:

I feel like having an entire offseason with Lazor's new offense, along with a new receivers coach, will ignite Green and he'll play with a new energy and put up a HUGE season!

I'M LOVING IT BECAUSE EVERYONE IS BUYING INTO THE SEASON AND THE NEW COACHES!

WHO-DEY!

AJ might be the most likeable Bengal I can remember. Even all of my Steelers fan friends always say they can't help but respect and like AJ. Dude is the definition of class, and literally is never satisfied. I know Rice will probably always be the greatest of all time, but I think AJ is going down as my favorite receiver over all. He plays the game as well as anyone, and he just does and says all the right things. 

On the other side of the ball, we have Geno, who seems to carry himself with the same quiet professionalism, while performing exceptionally, as AJ. Theres been plenty of negative in this era of Bengals football, but those two play the game as well as anyone in the league, and manage to do it with total professionalism. Nothing wrong with a little showboating, but its so refreshing to see two amazing athletes not worried about the individualism that is so prevalent in the NFL.

I hope we put together something special over the next couple of years, and make sure #18 and #97 walk away from this league with big gaudy diamond encrusted rings.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 12:23 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: AJ might be the most likeable Bengal I can remember. Even all of my Steelers fan friends always say they can't help but respect and like AJ. Dude is the definition of class, and literally is never satisfied. I know Rice will probably always be the greatest of all time, but I think AJ is going down as my favorite receiver over all. He plays the game as well as anyone, and he just does and says all the right things. 

On the other side of the ball, we have Geno, who seems to carry himself with the same quiet professionalism, while performing exceptionally, as AJ. Theres been plenty of negative in this era of Bengals football, but those two play the game as well as anyone in the league, and manage to do it with total professionalism. Nothing wrong with a little showboating, but its so refreshing to see two amazing athletes not worried about the individualism that is so prevalent in the NFL.

I hope we put together something special over the next couple of years, and make sure #18 and #97 walk away from this league with big gaudy diamond encrusted rings.

Well said. Those two definitely are on a different level than let’s say, hmmm, Dre K? Ninja

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 10:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well said. Those two definitely are on a different level than let’s say, hmmm, Dre K? Ninja
Reply/Quote
I don't want to HEAR what AJ has to say, I want to SEE what AJ will do in 2018. 2017 was a disaster for him, partly him to blame with his embarrassing tantrum and poor output and the other half the OL and OC that fortunately got canned. I don't think he's become Dez Bryant, no!
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 10:27 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I don't want to HEAR what AJ has to say, I want to SEE what AJ will do in 2018. 2017 was a disaster for him, partly him to blame with his embarrassing tantrum and poor output and the other half the OL and OC that fortunately got canned. I don't think he's become Dez Bryant, no!

To be fair. I think he was frustrated because he knew things we didn’t. That team was death last year. Guy wants to win. I truly think he does. Hard to focus when your season is done that friggen early.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 10:27 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I don't want to HEAR what AJ has to say, I want to SEE what AJ will do in 2018. 2017 was a disaster for him, partly him to blame with his embarrassing tantrum and poor output and the other half the OL and OC that fortunately got canned. I don't think he's become Dez Bryant, no!

Lol 1000+ yds is not a disaster. Disappointing? Yes.

It’s amazing he even put up the numbers he did with no running game, a terrible Oline, and a QB that was inconsistent at best.

Reply/Quote
Green was as much part of the problem with the Bengals offense as anyone else.   Never saw him drop so many balls, give half ass effort on getting a second foot down, fighting for  the ball, and giving up on routes.   He excelled only because of his exceptional ability, but his heart just wasn't with it last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 12:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lol 1000+ yds is not a disaster. Disappointing? Yes.

It’s amazing he even put up the numbers he did with no running game, a terrible Oline, and a QB that was inconsistent at best.

AJ was just as inconsistent as his QB.....
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 12:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: AJ was just as inconsistent as his QB.....

Disagree. AJ had more drops than normal (he was credited with 4 not the ridiculous amount some here claim), but Dalton missed or overthrew him way more times than that. As off as Green was it was nothing compared to Dalton at his worst. Remember the Baltimore game? Oof...

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 12:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: AJ was just as inconsistent as his QB.....

(04-19-2018, 12:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Disagree. AJ had more drops than normal (he was credited with 4 not the ridiculous amount some here claim), but Dalton missed or overthrew him way more times than that. As off as Green was it was nothing compared to Dalton at his worst. Remember the Baltimore game? Oof...

Nicomo and I disagree a lot when it comes to Dalton, but he's correct here. AJ was inconsistent and not up to snuff to be sure, but he still was less inconsistent than Dalton was, though again, the OL and lack of a running game didn't help either player in that regard.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 12:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Disagree. AJ had more drops than normal (he was credited with 4 not the ridiculous amount some here claim), but Dalton missed or overthrew him way more times than that. As off as Green was it was nothing compared to Dalton at his worst. Remember the Baltimore game? Oof...

I get it, AJ gets a pass here because Dalton was running for his life......  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 03:32 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Dalton was running for his life......  Ninja

[Image: tenor.gif]

Reply/Quote
Harley always makes me laugh lol

Yeah, pretty exciting if we can get the interior O-line shored up. Looking for Ross to play decent enough this
year to take some coverage off AJ. Eifert hopefully is back to his 2015 self and scoring TD's, Mixon and Gio
i expect to really go off this year if we get that stud Center.
Reply/Quote
AJ had a disappointing season by AJ standards no doubt. And I was disappointed with his play and actions several times. However I don't doubt in the least that nearly every player on this team lost heart and faith at some points, probably several, AJ included. And I can't say I blame them. The owner/FO/coaches gave them basically no chance going in.

I fully expect old AJ back this year !
Reply/Quote
AJ had some great games and some UNBELIEVEABLE catches, all throughout the year (even late in the season), so I don't think he packed it in, as many are saying.

Plus, his worst game was Buffalo (by far, even with the extra long TD) and wasn't that week 5?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 03:32 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I get it, AJ gets a pass here because Dalton was running for his life......  Ninja

Do you not remember how many deep balls Dalton sailed out of bounds last year? Pressure or no pressure his deep ball last year was the worst it's ever been. If they connect on say just 4 of those passes AJ probably has an extra 150-200 yards or so and probably another TD or two. 
Reply/Quote