Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ and Lawson Article
I know, I know...people can't stand Hobson.  I don't care.  This is just some nice OTA fodder.  I cracked up when I read Burfict's quote.

And as far as arm strength goes, I have supported Dalton in that respect from Day 1, and I think it is good to hear since now he will have the vertical game this team has so desperately needed for some time.  

Enjoy!

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Dalton-gets-spring-check-Lawson-draws-raves/1085f1ee-b0b3-4474-8441-166b0c908164
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For offseason fluff, it is a pretty nice article. I enjoyed reading how enthusiastic that Burfict and Minter are about Lawson.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nice piece on Vigil that I read this morning.

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sports/vigil-verge-cracking-bengals-lineup/0UvjZz9TCm4SKBKsmV23oK/

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2017, 10:02 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nice piece on Vigil that I read this morning.

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sports/vigil-verge-cracking-bengals-lineup/0UvjZz9TCm4SKBKsmV23oK/

Love the line from Guenther in reference to when they were scouting him:  "He is perfect for what we are trying to do here".
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2017, 10:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Love the line from Guenther in reference to when they were scouting him:  "He is perfect for what we are trying to do here".

Exactly, sometimes the key to building a great team isn't always going after the flashiest player, but the ones who fit well with what your team is doing.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So does Burfict's comment mean Lawson's new nickname is "Switowski"?
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2017, 11:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So does Burfict's comment mean Lawson's new nickname is "Switowski"?

[Image: zEAngq3w.jpeg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not to keep flooding the thread with articles about other players, but this just seems like a great thread to share these.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/5/31/15715392/george-iloka-embracing-us-against-world-mentality

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2017, 10:02 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nice piece on Vigil that I read this morning.

Good find.

I expect the defense to be stout this year.  Lotta young, fast, hungry guys.  The last spots on the roster will be a real dogfight.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2017, 07:35 PM)McC Wrote: Good find.

I expect the defense to be stout this year.  Lotta young, fast, hungry guys.  The last spots on the roster will be a real dogfight.

Yes, it seems Guenther is reaching full maturity, getting things dialed in to his master plan.  The secondary was reeling for about half the season, last year, after transitioning from Joseph to Coyle, but they really got on the same page the back half of the season.  I'm as enthusiastic about the defense, going into this season, as I was in '15.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like Lawson but I really want to temper my expectations. WTS, we have had some luck in the 4th Rd. Hopefully my last year favorite (Billings) shows up and we can have 3/4 of our Dline be 4th Rd selections.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2017, 08:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, it seems Guenther is reaching full maturity, getting things dialed in to his master plan.  The secondary was reeling for about half the season, last year, after transitioning from Joseph to Coyle, but they really got on the same page the back half of the season.  I'm as enthusiastic about the defense, going into this season, as I was in '15.

I know it is water under the bridge, but I really wanted a Bengals team with Hue as HC and Joseph as DC.  
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2017, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like Lawson but I really want to temper my expectations. WTS, we have had some luck in the 4th Rd. Hopefully my last year favorite (Billings) shows up and we can have 3/4 of our Dline be 4th Rd selections.

Hmmmm.  Maybe they will rotate in another 4th rounder on passing downs and they can call it "The Fourth Round Down".

I liked "The Fisher Price Line" when they were all so young.
Reply/Quote
All good stuff in here. Plenty to be positive about going into the season.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2017, 06:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hmmmm.  Maybe they will rotate in another 4th rounder on passing downs and they can call it "The Fourth Round Down".

I liked "The Fisher Price Line" when they were all so young.

I remember the days of the WEBB D-line. Perhaps bring in Hardison to replace Carlos for your 4th Rd Down

As for my suggestions:

C+C Must-sack Factory (For C-Los and C-Law)

GLAD Wrap (Geno-Lawson-Atkins-Dunlap)

PHAT 4 on Goal line (Pat-Hardison-Atkins-Thompson)

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2017, 09:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember the days of the WEBB D-line. Perhaps bring in Hardison to replace Carlos for your 4th Rd Down

As for my suggestions:

C+C Must-sack Factory (For C-Los and C-Law)

GLAD Wrap (Geno-Lawson-Atkins-Dunlap)

PHAT 4 on Goal line (Pat-Hardison-Atkins-Thompson)

Couldn't rep you (?) but PHAT 4 is awesome...maybe substitute Thompson with Tapou?  That's is PHAT!
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2017, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like Lawson but I really want to temper my expectations. WTS, we have had some luck in the 4th Rd. Hopefully my last year favorite (Billings) shows up and we can have 3/4 of our Dline be 4th Rd selections.

I'm not tempering any of my expectations.  The guy looked great on tape and they've been raving about him since he got here.   He may not start at LB for a while, but I think the guy is going to be the tweener Marvin's been looking for since he got here.   Tez doesn't rave about just any guy.   I think we have us a big time steal here.

You're right about the 4th round.   We've got some excellent players there.   I see Billings and Lawson both being difference makers on the D this year.

Guys they rave about in camp rarely fail - with one notable exception...
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2017, 09:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know, I know...people can't stand Hobson.  I don't care.  This is just some nice OTA fodder.  I cracked up when I read Burfict's quote.

And as far as arm strength goes, I have supported Dalton in that respect from Day 1, and I think it is good to hear since now he will have the vertical game this team has so desperately needed for some time.  

Enjoy!

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Dalton-gets-spring-check-Lawson-draws-raves/1085f1ee-b0b3-4474-8441-166b0c908164

Great thread SHRacer. Also loved the Burfict and Minter comments. Guenther as well. I think we will see quite a bit out of our
new pass rushers this year. Both Willis and Lawson have me really excited. Vigil learning from Burfict is great to see, we need
our LB'ers to read eachother's minds. Would be great for out LB'ers to take over the Kuechly/Davis lead and become the best
in the league.

We are much more physical on Defense as a whole this year with Billings, Willis, Lawson and now a cover guy who can also
stop the run in Minter. Just hoping these guys can all stay healthy, we already were tough to pass on. WJ3 and Key Garrett
are a couple others that could be darkhorses to contribute this year, especially if Adam keeps up his shit.

Love this Defense. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2017, 09:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Couldn't rep you (?) but PHAT 4 is awesome...maybe substitute Thompson with Tapou?  That's is PHAT!

Well I'm in "time out", So apparently you cannot give or receive rep; but it's the thought that counts. 

I've always been big on nicknames and assign them freely. 

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2017, 02:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great thread SHRacer. Also loved the Burfict and Minter comments. Guenther as well. I think we will see quite a bit out of our
new pass rushers this year. Both Willis and Lawson have me really excited. Vigil learning from Burfict is great to see, we need
our LB'ers to read eachother's minds. Would be great for out LB'ers to take over the Kuechly/Davis lead and become the best
in the league.

We are much more physical on Defense as a whole this year with Billings, Willis, Lawson and now a cover guy who can also
stop the run in Minter. Just hoping these guys can all stay healthy, we already were tough to pass on. WJ3 and Key Garrett
are a couple others that could be darkhorses to contribute this year, especially if Adam keeps up his shit.

Love this Defense. Rock On

I think we added speed and power on defense. That is exciting and then when you factor in Jackson and Billings who did not play a down in 2016, our off season looks pretty good on paper.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote