Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ-don't shoot the messenger
(08-17-2020, 01:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Higgins

So right now Burrow is practicing with a WR group of Boyd/M Thomas/Erickson/Tate. That's not ideal.

The same Higgins who had hamstring issues at the combine?  You want to blame those on the Bengals training staff?

Go to google and type in "NFL player out with hamstring" and you will get dozens of links before you see anything about the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 02:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The same Higgins who had hamstring issues at the combine?

You want to blame those on the Bengals training staff?

Yes, because if you know someone has a pre-existing problem, that should be your target to fix. Isn't that the point of the training staff? As much prevention as anything. You draft Ross and you should make sure he does exercises to strengthen his knees. You draft Higgins and you make sure he does exercises/stretches to help his hamstrings.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
At least Dre's not there to stomp on his leg and foot. Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 02:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes, because if you know someone has a pre-existing problem, that should be your target to fix. Isn't that the point of the training staff? As much prevention as anything. You draft Ross and you should make sure he does exercises to strengthen his knees. You draft Higgins and you make sure he does exercises/stretches to help his hamstrings.

Yep. That is literally what the training staff is paid to do. Increase physical conditioning to increase performance and mitigate injury.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 02:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You draft Higgins and you make sure he does exercises/stretches to help his hamstrings.

If other KLF training staffs now magical exercises that will keep any player from missing practice then why are there currently players all over the league out of practice with hamstring issues.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 02:12 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Yep. That is literally what the training staff is paid to do. Increase physical conditioning to increase performance and mitigate injury.

Is there any sports team that doesn’t suffer any injuries?
Reply/Quote
I don't care how good your training staff is Hamstring injuries happen.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: But aren't they also responsible for stretching and getting players loose? If not, who is and can we blame them then?

I don't get this either.  It isn't GDMF rocket science.  TJ Houshmanzadeh had chronic hamstring injuries SO HE TOOK IT UPON HIMSELF TO STRENGTHEN THEM WITH A SPECIAL YOGA.  TJ subsequently referred to his hamstrings as made of something like titanium.  Is is that hard to take your players and add a type of yoga to their regimen to avoid these chronic hamstring issues?   If nothing else, do it for your RB, TE, WR, CB, S???  I personally would have them all doing it.  Nutrition is a vital part, but strength and conditioning needs to improve.  This is more than just bad luck, it is a disturbing trend.  
Reply/Quote
if there is any year for soft tissue injuries it is this year. Remember, no personal trainers or gyms were open and all these players were doing jailhouse workouts leading up to training camp.

These injuries should be expected.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 02:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: if there is any year for soft tissue injuries it is this year. Remember, no personal trainers or gyms were open and all these players were doing jailhouse workouts leading up to training camp.

These injuries should be expected.

Yep.  I get the concern here given Green's history, but this type of injury isn't exactly a surprise considering the circumstances this off season.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 02:16 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't care how good your training staff is Hamstring injuries happen.

They do. But I’m more concerned about the non-contact, running routes, working out injuries the first few weeks of practice where these guys should be fresh and ready to go. It not like it’s week 10 and everyone’s body is a little worn down. Waynes tore a pec lifting, something I assume he’s done his entire sports career since high school. So either he was using bad form/technique or lifting way too much weight. Both should have been addressed by the Strength and Conditioning staff.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 02:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes, because if you know someone has a pre-existing problem, that should be your target to fix. Isn't that the point of the training staff? As much prevention as anything. You draft Ross and you should make sure he does exercises to strengthen his knees. You draft Higgins and you make sure he does exercises/stretches to help his hamstrings.

Yeah, but that takes time.  He got hurt early.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 02:18 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't get this either.  It isn't GDMF rocket science.  TJ Houshmanzadeh had chronic hamstring injuries SO HE TOOK IT UPON HIMSELF TO STRENGTHEN THEM WITH A SPECIAL YOGA.  TJ subsequently referred to his hamstrings as made of something like titanium.  Is is that hard to take your players and add a type of yoga to their regimen to avoid these chronic hamstring issues?   If nothing else, do it for your RB, TE, WR, CB, S???  I personally would have them all doing it.  Nutrition is a vital part, but strength and conditioning needs to improve.  This is more than just bad luck, it is a disturbing trend.  

And TJ said he tried to talk his teammates into it, but it was a 1-2 hour routine and none of his teammates took him up on it.

Says so much about personal responsibility and TJ's work ethic.   It also says a lot about how believable his results were to other professionals.  TJ had to do something because he was having trouble getting on the field period.   He was on the bubble.

I'm assuming he's told all this to John Ross - who has had other issues, poor guy.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 02:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Is there any sports team that doesn’t suffer any injuries?

The Lower Upper Uppington tiddlywinks squad is relatively healthy at the moment. 
Reply/Quote
Well we love Simmons' in Cincy. Brian, Darren so someone get on the phone with Richard and get him and his Bengal striped shorts in here to get these guys properly stretched and flexible.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 04:07 PM)3wt Wrote: And TJ said he tried to talk his teammates into it, but it was a 1-2 hour routine and none of his teammates took him up on it.

Says so much about personal responsibility and TJ's work ethic.   It also says a lot about how believable his results were to other professionals.  TJ had to do something because he was having trouble getting on the field period.   He was on the bubble.

I'm assuming he's told all this to John Ross - who has had other issues, poor guy.

Everytime I turn this thing on the Bengals have another injury>> I just believe they are not going to finish the season without key injuries to key players.I mean,com on what a stinkin job the strength and conditioning staff are doing.I expect more serious injures after tomorrow.they better keep burrow healthy.I see maybe 8 wins,I mean they are already dropping like flies and waynes should have never been lifting so much weight.I mean he cannot even make it through TC. Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Reply/Quote
Tons of injuries across the league today amongst some top players. These guys are like my dog where they fetch the ball full speed no matter the circumstances. Without all the off-season training, some of them work full speed too quickly imo.
Reply/Quote
I'd be more concerned if it was a toe, foot, or ankle with AJ.

I guess Wren was carted off today too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
At least it wasn't the toe injury.
Reply/Quote
This dude is so fragile...
Reply/Quote