Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ on His Contract
“ "I don't really care about (the contract negotiations)," was Green's exact quote. "If (the Bengals are) worried about me not playing or not being healthy, then there's 32 teams out there. I'm not really worried about that situation."

This sounds like it is going downhill fast. Green was supposed to finally make his 2019 debut this week but has since removed himself from consideration. The Bengals should have traded their longtime No. 1 wideout ahead of last month's deadline, but that is something only a smart franchise would do.

From rotoworld.com.

I’m so close to telling this franchise to eat my ass..
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Actually, there are 31 teams out there.
Reply/Quote
Botched.
Reply/Quote
1.) Know one was going to give AJ a first probably a third or fourth RD pick in witch they can get back in either off season. 1.) Via trade or franchise Tag 2.) The goal is to sign him long term.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 05:41 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Know one was going to give AJ a first  probably a third or fourth RD pick in witch they can get back in either off season. 1.) Via trade or franchise Tag 2.) The goal is to sign him long term.

Yay! Lets sign AJ long-term so when he gets hurt we can talk about how good we would be IF he was playing!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 05:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's quicker to rise from the dead than to heal this guy. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Imagine having to watch an 0-8 team practice for your job.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 05:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yay! Lets sign AJ long-term so when he gets hurt we can talk about how good we would be IF he was playing!

You don't know if he will get hurt or not. The best thing for the team is to sign him long term and shut him down for the season. Anyways we all know you will complain either way so I'm not sure why I'm responding to your post.
J24

Reply/Quote
Zac has turned into Marvin Lewis!

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 05:41 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Know one was going to give AJ a first  probably a third or fourth RD pick in witch they can get back in either off season. 1.) Via trade or franchise Tag 2.) The goal is to sign him long term.

The Bengals need to put him on IR. Don't give him a chance to show what he has when we don't need him. Time for a total rebuild. Say what you will MB has paid him 22million and counting on his current contract that he hasn't earned. I believe he is butt hurt about not getting a new contract in the off season. Couldn't blame MB for just walking away from AJ. He may pull this crap next year if they resign him and will most likely do it if they franchise him.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 04:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: “ "I don't really care about (the contract negotiations)," was Green's exact quote. "If (the Bengals are) worried about me not playing or not being healthy, then there's 32 teams out there. I'm not really worried about that situation."

This sounds like it is going downhill fast. Green was supposed to finally make his 2019 debut this week but has since removed himself from consideration. The Bengals should have traded their longtime No. 1 wideout ahead of last month's deadline, but that is something only a smart franchise would do.

From rotoworld.com.

I’m so close to telling this franchise to eat my ass..

What we have here is a failure to communicate.
AJ is being smart for a change and not taking one for the team with an early return.
Unfortunately the more he misses the more likely the Bengals franchise tag him next year, which AJ is on record not appreciating.
How long before AJ's agent blasts the Bengals medical staff?
We could have the early beginnings of a disgruntled star player beginning to do the hold out option in 2020.

Carl Pickens would approve.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 05:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yay! Lets sign AJ long-term so when he gets hurt we can talk about how good we would be IF he was playing!

That’s what I keep saying but people seem to think that he’s faking still being hurt or that even though he’s missed half of the games for that last 3 years that he deserves a big multi year deal. I just don’t get it. Invest that same money in the line. People go freaking blind over a name and the past.
Reply/Quote
If AJ does not play a game in 2019, he will have played 1 game of the past 24 games. His stats is 1 reception for 7 yards. I think he is heading for a one year prove it contract because of age and injury history.

What GM in their right mind would give Green a 3 year contract with high numbers and guarantees? I may be wrong, but he may end praying the Bengals franchise him so he does not have to sign for 50% of a Julio Jones deal.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 05:59 PM)J24 Wrote: You don't know if he will get hurt or not. The best thing for the team is to sign him long term and shut him down for the season. Anyways we all know you will complain either way so I'm not sure why I'm responding to your post.

I love how you declare that your plan is the best thing to do for the team. I’d go with signing OL in free agency with that money. That helps the QB, RB and the WR’s. An older, banged up WR behind a crap line is the obvious best plan though. He’s already had over a year to heal, another 9 months should do it. That 32 year old will be toasting those 24 year olds next year. The line will automatically improve just by the separation AJ should get. It makes total sense!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 07:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If AJ does not play a game in 2019, he will have played 1 game of the past 24 games. His stats is 1 reception for 7 yards. I think he is heading for a one year prove it contract because of age and injury history.

What GM in their right mind would give Green a 3 year contract with high numbers and guarantees? I may be wrong, but he may end praying the Bengals franchise him so he does not have to sign for 50% of a Julio Jones deal.

Hey, someone with a brain! There’s actually people on here saying to give him whatever he wants, just get him signed. I just don’t get it!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 04:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote:  The Bengals should have traded their longtime No. 1 wideout ahead of last month's deadline, but that is something only a smart franchise would do.

What were the Bengals offered?
Reply/Quote
Green had 10 months to recover from the injury he had last year and he could not make it through one non-contact practice before getting seriously injured again.

I don't think he is going to get much from anyone unless he comes back this year and plays lights out.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 07:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What were the Bengals offered?

Who knows?

Who knows if the Bengals were even answering the phone to find out?

Apparently, going on vacation was more important than fixing this clusterf'k of a franchise.

(11-07-2019, 07:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Green had 10 months to recover from the injury he had last year and he could not make it through one non-contact practice before getting seriously injured again.

I don't think he is going to get much from anyone unless he comes back this year and plays lights out.

Not every WR has an out-of-control, tripping over himself Kirkpatrick to land on their ankle.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 07:06 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I love how you declare that your plan is the best thing to do for the team. I’d go with signing OL in free agency with that money. That helps the QB, RB and the WR’s.  An older, banged up WR behind a crap line is the obvious best plan though. He’s already had over a year to heal, another 9 months should do it. That 32 year old will be toasting those  24 year olds next year. The line will automatically improve just by the separation AJ should get. It makes total sense!

Or the Bengals can cut other players sign a LB, a OT, and still have enough room to sign AJ, Billings, and Hopkins. So yes I would say my plan is a lot better than yours.
J24

Reply/Quote