Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ on His Contract
(11-07-2019, 09:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What a mess.

I guess we’ll have to settle for Geno being a shell of his former shelf, and going MIA for half seasons at a time as the closest we get to a Bengal great ending his career on a good note in Cincinnati.

So...has a Bengal great ever finished his career on a good note in Cincinnati?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 12:26 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: But then he can’t be an unaddressed question mark for the next few years. Let that rookie contract run out, extend and then they can try to find out if he’s any good. Those extra years will help justify this back pick. It’s bad regardless of how he ever plays because he would’ve been there for the Bengals in the 4th round.

It's weird that Sample isn't on IR...we won't be able to say that he's technically a rookie next year.

(11-08-2019, 12:27 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...has a Bengal great ever finished his career on a good note in Cincinnati?

None of the ones who had to play under Mike Brown that I can think of, but I'm sure there is some player that is almost OK with the Mike Brown era Bengals...maybe?
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 10:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Mike has a player in the basement.

[Image: th?id=OIP.0tX66dRW3csgAao-tpeD8wAAAA&pid...d=Api&rs=1]

What is up with your sig, holmes?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 12:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's weird that Sample isn't on IR...we won't be able to say that he's technically a rookie next year.

Good point!

None of the ones who had to play under Mike Brown that I can think of, but I'm sure there is some player that is almost OK with the Mike Brown era Bengals...maybe?
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 11:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lots of HoF talk as well. Things sure go south quickly around here...

I was just thinking how "amazing" it is that, since Mikeyboy took over, no matter the guy, it's like the Bengals are incapable of drafting or signing a guy that has a great career and reitres here. Some start off with a bang then fizzle out after a few years. Others have sustained success right up until that time they could put themselves in elite territory, then something unforseen happens. 

Andy and AJ set all kinds of tandem records their first few years...Dalton seemed like the guy that could play just well enough, with AJ around, to hang around for a decade plus and accumulate some numbers, while AJ seemed to have the talent and health to have a HoF career. 

Then...as usual, the bottom drops out. ***** clown show around here.

Mike Brown is the most sour looking, droopy imitating, bad luck charm in the history of the world. 

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 12:27 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...has a Bengal great ever finished his career on a good note in Cincinnati?

Yeah of course...

there's 

Chad Johnson -- no wait... that ended poorly

TJ Hous..  - Nope...shit...

Willie Anderson -- Damn it...we dicked over big Willie???

Whit... never mind that is just a dumb idea.

Wait... I have it, there is one Bengal's legend that has had his run here be as good as it gets.

[Image: andre-smith.jpg]

Legend of the moobs!

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If he is healthy he plays because he is getting paid to play this year.

Then, you let him walk in the offseason and get your comp pick.

FWIW i din't want them to re-sign him anyway - age/injury prone and we need other things.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 07:34 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Who knows?

Who knows if the Bengals were even answering the phone to find out?

Apparently, going on vacation was more important than fixing this clusterf'k of a franchise.

Not every WR has an out-of-control, tripping over himself Kirkpatrick to land on their ankle.

The Bengals trade line says, The person you're trying to reach has not set up their inbox....
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 11:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: A 3rd or a 4th? Where the **** do you come up with some of the stuff you say? I'm not saying you are...i'm just saying...you say a lot of shit that only a troll would say, to get a reaction. 

Past history. We weren't going to get what everyone wanted to get for him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 01:34 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yeah of course...

there's 

Chad Johnson -- no wait... that ended poorly

TJ Hous..  - Nope...shit...

Willie Anderson -- Damn it...we dicked over big Willie???

Whit... never mind that is just a dumb idea.

Wait... I have it, there is one Bengal's legend that has had his run here be as good as it gets.

[Image: andre-smith.jpg]

Legend of the moobs!

That was just wrong.  Shocked

Reply/Quote
I feel like where things will breakdown with AJ is he'll want to be paid like he's elite and the Bengals will want to pay him like the injured guy that he is. The Bengals would likely pay him what he wants for 1 year...but I doubt they give him a 4-5 year contract.

THAT'S where this breaks down in my estimation.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 04:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Actually, there are 31 teams out there.

sigh I though AJ was better at math
Reply/Quote