Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ on His Contract
(11-07-2019, 06:02 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The Bengals need to put him on IR. Don't give him a chance to show what he has when we don't need him. Time for a total rebuild. Say what you will MB has paid him 22million and counting on his current contract that he hasn't earned. I believe he is butt hurt about not getting a new contract in the off season. Couldn't blame MB for just walking away from AJ. He may pull this crap next year if they resign him and will most likely do it if they franchise him.
What crap? Getting hurt? I don't understand what the rush is to bring him back this season. If it were me sign him then IR him and get him ready for OTAs and next season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The incompetence is staggering.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 05:59 PM)J24 Wrote: You don't know if he will get hurt or not. The best thing for the team is to sign him long term and shut him down for the season. Anyways we all know you will complain either way so I'm not sure why I'm responding to your post.

He's played in over 10 games ONCE in the past 4 seasons. 10, 16, 9, 0. He's also nearly 32. As players age, they get injured more...not less.

History is on the side of him being injured.

And why would the team extend him now and shut him down? That makes zero sense. They need to see that he can actually be healthy and play again before they invest long-term.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 07:06 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I love how you declare that your plan is the best thing to do for the team. I’d go with signing OL in free agency with that money. That helps the QB, RB and the WR’s.  An older, banged up WR behind a crap line is the obvious best plan though. He’s already had over a year to heal, another 9 months should do it. That 32 year old will be toasting those  24 year olds next year. The line will automatically improve just by the separation AJ should get. It makes total sense!

Right on! He's clearly in decline sadly. Has been for 4 years.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 08:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's played in over 10 games ONCE in the past 4 seasons. 10, 16, 9, 0. He's also nearly 32. As players age, they get injured more...not less.

And why would the team extend him now and shut him down? That makes zero sense. They need to see that he can actually be healthy and play again before they invest long-term.

1.) No it doesn't  just cause he got injured doesn't mean he would get injured next season or the year after that. Stop making shit up.
2.) IDK maybe because they want him next season and the year after that.  Maybe they think he can help the team moving forward.
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 08:42 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) No it doesn't  just cause he got injured doesn't mean he would get injured next season or the year after that. Stop making shit up.
2.) IDK maybe because they want him next season and the year after that.  Maybe they think he can help the team moving forward.

Dude...hes played over 10 games ONCE in 4 years. Saying he has a higher probability of getting injured isnt making something up.

Plus, as guys get older...they generally get injured more not less.
Reply/Quote
What a mess.

I guess we’ll have to settle for Geno being a shell of his former shelf, and going MIA for half seasons at a time as the closest we get to a Bengal great ending his career on a good note in Cincinnati.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 08:42 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) No it doesn't  just cause he got injured doesn't mean he would get injured next season or the year after that. Stop making shit up.

Yeah all us old guys like wine get better with age.
Reply/Quote
SO does AJ get paid in full each week he's out or do they get reduced pay with injuries? how does that work, anyone know?

Also if AJ gets paid in full during an injury, he will be the first male, talented football player to become a sideline cheerleader. Hehe
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 09:53 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: SO does AJ get paid in full each week he's out or do they get reduced pay with injuries? how does that work, anyone know?

Also if AJ gets paid in full during an injury, he will be the first male, talented football player to become a sideline cheerleader. Hehe

For a million a game he ought to sweep Mike Brown's office or something.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 09:53 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: SO does AJ get paid in full each week he's out or do they get reduced pay with injuries? how does that work, anyone know?

As long as you are not on NFI or a suspended list, you get all your pay every week.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 09:59 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: For a million a game he ought to sweep Mike Brown's office or something.

The fact that Mike Brown can even pay millions to someone is the biggest travesty of them all.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 08:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's played in over 10 games ONCE in the past 4 seasons. 10, 16, 9, 0. He's also nearly 32. As players age, they get injured more...not less.

He's not even worth the FT anymore.  How can you pay $17 mil guaranteed to a guy who can't recover from a sprained ankle in 14 weeks and counting?  It would be dumb to FT him.  He hasn't played a game in over a calendar year.

Bottom line is, AJ is either too injury prone and slow too recover to cut it in the NFL anymore or he's a fraud faking an injury to try and strongarm his way into a contract he doesn't deserve.  Either way, you can't bring him back.  He's become a distraction and he hasn't produced.

Put him on IR and let him sign his one year prove it deal somewhere else next year.  I think he'll be surprised how thin the market is for a 32 year old WR who went on season ending IR with a sprained ankle he suffered in July.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 09:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dude...hes played over 10 games ONCE in 4 years. Saying he has a higher probability of getting injured isnt making something up.

Plus, as guys get older...they generally get injured more not less.

Yes it because none of them have been career threatening. It's not like he tore his Achilles or anything. 
Also while we're at it let's address another  blatant lie you told.the dude isn't in decline he is averaging 86 yards a game during over the past three years( if you discount the Buffalo game in 16 and 18 Broncos game where he got hurt after 1 target)
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 10:15 PM)J24 Wrote: Yes it because none of them have been career threatening. It's not like he tore his Achilles or anything. 
Also while we're at it let's address another  blatant lie you told.the dude isn't in decline he is averaging 86 yards a game during over the past three years( if you discount the Buffalo game in 16 and 18 Broncos game where he got hurt after 1 target)

If it was an Achilles what would he miss two years? He's missed a year with a freaking sprained ankle.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 05:51 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: It's quicker to rise from the dead than to heal this guy. 

Mike has a player in the basement.

[Image: th?id=OIP.0tX66dRW3csgAao-tpeD8wAAAA&pid...d=Api&rs=1]

Reply/Quote
Sounds like AJ and Cordy have been showering together in the milk truck.

Reply/Quote
Remember when AJ was going to smash every Chad Bengal receiving record...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 10:15 PM)J24 Wrote: Yes it because none of them have been career threatening. It's not like he tore his Achilles or anything. 
86 yards when he plays. He averages the same yards as you or I when he is on the sideline hurt.  Great player and even greater guy but signing a 32 year old guy with the last 4 years having injury issues long term would be a total MB move.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 10:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Remember when AJ was going to smash every Chad Bengal receiving record...

Lots of HoF talk as well. Things sure go south quickly around here...

Reply/Quote