Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ or Boyd
Are people forgetting AJs age? Who really thinks he'll be close to what he is now in a few years? I would love for AJ to spend his career here but if people are wanting to shell out big money for a 32-33 (now seemingly injury prone) reciever you don't understand football.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 10:35 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Are people forgetting AJs age? Who really thinks he'll be close to what he is now in a few years? I would love for AJ to spend his career here but if people are wanting to shell out big money for a 32-33 (now seemingly injury prone) reciever you don't understand football.

AJ missed 3 games in his first 4 seasons due to injury. TB has missed twice as many in his first 2.5 seasons.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For those who may think it might be ok to let AJ go, remember Whitworth.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 10:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: AJ missed 3 games in his first 4 seasons due to injury. TB has missed twice as many in his first 2.5 seasons.

He missed 5 games. He missed one in his first season and missed the colts playoffs game. And I don't understand what his first 4 seasons have to do with his health in his last 4 seasons? As I'm sure you know, injuries typically go up as a player gets older. He has already missed more games these past 3 years then his first 4. 
And I never necessarily said we should go Boyd but thinking Green is a lock in 2 years is just silly. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 11:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: For those who may think it might be ok to let AJ go, remember Whitworth.

I get what you are saying but it's different.
1.) I am saying trade him now and get some quality back
2.) There is a shorage of LT not Wrs.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 11:57 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I get what you are saying but it's different.
1.) I am saying trade him now and get some quality back
2.) There is a shorage of LT not Wrs.

I don’t get what your saying because:
1) we have been bad at developing new talent.
2) we are the equivalent of a Forest Gump coaching staff and FO. Any stability we let go at this point will lead to an implosion.

I wasn’t all for Marvin staying. Yet, I want to support and convince myself that maybe this is it. I was dead wrong so-it-seems. So, if we’re talking about getting rid of people, we now have to work from top down.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 11:36 PM)Sweetness Wrote: He missed 5 games. He missed one in his first season and missed the colts playoffs game. And I don't understand what his first 4 seasons have to do with his health in his last 4 seasons? As I'm sure you know, injuries typically go up as a player gets older. He has already missed more games these past 3 years then his first 4. 
And I never necessarily said we should go Boyd but thinking Green is a lock in 2 years is just silly. 

It's a propensity to injury (aka injury prone). You take them both at the same points in their careers and one can easily see TB has showed to be more injury prone than AJ.

Will it continue? IDK, but don't pimp TB over AJ and point to injury and then tell folks they don't understand football.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 12:14 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don’t get what your saying because:
1) we have been bad at developing new talent.
2) we are the equivalent of a Forest Gump coaching staff and FO. Any stability we let go at this point will lead to an implosion.

I wasn’t all for Marvin staying. Yet, I want to support and convince myself that maybe this is it. I was dead wrong so-it-seems. So, if we’re talking about getting rid of people, we now have to work from top down.
1.) Doesn't mean we should stop trying to develop talent.
2.) Not sure what you mean. This team can't be afraid to make moves to be better.
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 12:25 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 1.) Doesn't mean we should stop trying to develop talent.
2.) Not sure what you mean. This team can't be afraid to make moves to be better.

Of course not. But I disagree with getting rid of what’s working based on speculation. Let him lose a step first.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 12:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It's a propensity to injury (aka injury prone). You take them both at the same points in their careers and one can easily see TB has showed to be more injury prone than AJ.

Will it continue? IDK, but don't pimp TB over AJ and point to injury and then tell folks they don't understand football.  

Show me where I ever said I would "pimp TB over AJ". Dont worry, I'll wait. Also, it's just foolish to think a player getting injured more often later in his career isn't an issue and something to be concerned about. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 06:02 PM)impactplaya Wrote: AJ Green.
he changes how defenses play the Bengals

(11-23-2018, 06:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Exactly.

I'm still trying to figure out if this was even a serious question..............

AJ can take the top off of defenses, as well as run any route in the book, so defenses have to game plan around him and dedicate at least two defenders to stopping him every play.

Boyd, while good, is nothing that can't be replaced.  

(11-23-2018, 11:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: For those who may think it might be ok to let AJ go, remember Whitworth.

All this!!!

I initially thought this was one of Fred's satirical threads to get everyone confused and agitated....

My thoughts are that you keep both. But if a choice is to be made, it's AJ without any doubt.

You can replace Boyd. Replacing a legitimate top 5-7, #1 WR in the league is very difficult. He showed this year that he can line up outside or inside and excel.
Reply/Quote
Really we need to keep both AJ and Boyd at this point.

Boyd is not a #1 and if we traded AJ or otherwise let him go we are then committed to again taking a WR in Round 1 and trying to develop them. Meanwhile we desperately need OL and also a TE that creates mismatches. Add in the defensive needs and really unless they are willing to dive headfirst into Free Agency this offseason this team is never improving.
Reply/Quote
Got to try and keep them both but it will be hard to achieve monetarily.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I did forget about the tags that could be used but then I recalled Hobs had written that the team has already spent to the cap up to 2022
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 01:00 AM)XsandOs Wrote: All this!!!

I initially thought this was one of Fred's satirical threads to get everyone confused and agitated....

My thoughts are that you keep both. But if a choice is to be made, it's AJ without any doubt.

You can replace Boyd. Replacing a legitimate top 5-7, #1 WR in the league is very difficult. He showed this year that he can line up outside or inside and excel.

Receivers are not hard to find,you even get later roubd guys becoming big names like tyreek hill and brown. I would look at first is aj showing signs of any decline next year, 2 can you get anything for him. 3 what if ge wants to play for a contender and we arent it? 
Reply/Quote
Without Green and Atkins, Lewis would have been fired years ago. Old "button fumble" has had the luxury of having players on both sides of the ball who command double teams, yet has managed to squander their careers up to this point. I'm sure that the "elite qb" excuse card will be used by some, but who here honestly believes that this coaching staff would have made the playoffs more than maybe once or twice without either Green or Atkins?
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 12:33 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Of course not. But I disagree with getting rid of what’s working based on speculation. Let him lose a step first.

If you can get a first and a third for Green shouldn't we at least consider it. Look I think Green is a great player and I am not against keeping him at all but we have to be honest with ourselves that he is older and his best might be behind himnor soon will be.
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 11:20 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If you can get a first and a third for Green shouldn't we at least consider it. Look I think Green is a great player and I am not against keeping him at all but we have to be honest with ourselves that he is older and his best might be behind himnor soon will be.

Some would, I wouldn’t. We have just failed miserably in this department the last few years. Plus, Marvin struggles playing rookies.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 11:38 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Some would, I wouldn’t. We have just failed miserably in this department the last few years. Plus, Marvin struggles playing rookies.

I would hope Marvin is either gone by that point or we won multiple playoff games giving some of us hope he is better then he has shown for the past 16 years. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 11:20 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If you can get a first and a third for Green shouldn't we at least consider it. Look I think Green is a great player and I am not against keeping him at all but we have to be honest with ourselves that he is older and his best might be behind himnor soon will be.

You are assuming there is some kind of grand plan to re-build at some point. But that is not how Mikey operates. He just shuffles along, not really building, re-building or starting over. Just shuffling along...
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote