Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ out for the remainder of OTAs
Aj tangled legs with a DB today midway through practice. Trainers checked out his quad. Though not injured, the coaches made the very wise decision to keep him out the rest of this week's practices. No sense in risking him. And potential injuries like this is exactly why a Carlos Dunlap, in his contract year, looking at a big pay raise, sits out these voluntary workouts.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Good. Keep him out, and don't touch the merchandise!
Reply/Quote
Yikes, he has had lingering quad/hammiebissues before. Hopefully he heals up quickly. AJ is good enough to sit the entire preseason if needed.
Reply/Quote
Let’s hope that’s an accurate medical evaluation bc it always seems like they want to keep us optimistic when it comes to players availability but yeah i agree Green shouldn’t participate he’s too valuable
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The good news is Green could probably beat half the DBs in the league on a jump ball with just 1 leg anyway LOL
Reply/Quote
Yes keep him out ! He doesn't need OTA's
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2018, 05:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes keep him out ! He doesn't need OTA's

They aren’t installing a new scheme? I thought they were and getting as much practice in the scheme is important. To say Green doesn’t need to practice is short sighted. It is his practice habits and effort (and genetics) that make him a great player.

One of the reasons the game has deteriorated is because players are practicing less and less. Not saying there should be full contact practices everyday, but 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 without pads is extremely beneficial.
Reply/Quote
Scary thread was scary...

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2018, 05:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes keep him out ! He doesn't need OTA's

Of course AJ doesn't need the work in OTA's, he does it because the young DBs need to know what it's like to go against an elite WR.  He leads by example, rather than through preaching.  

Now, it would be very nice to put all the cherished players in a glass case until we really need them, but the new guys need the work and the team building comradery with the veteran leaders.  

It's a tough call on weather to run the vets, or not..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
With this mentality, we'll never win a Super Bowl. Get him right back in there.
Reply/Quote
It's because he was wearing them tight ass Daisy Dukes:

[Image: tempIMG_8196--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid...height=720]

Cutoff all the circulation to his lower legs
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
That's it. Sit him til the opener.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2018, 08:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: That's it. Sit him til the opener.

Let's just shut him down till 2019 to be safe.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2018, 08:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's because he was wearing them tight ass Daisy Dukes:

Maybe he forgot to pack his shorts this morning and had to borrow a pair from John Ross??
Reply/Quote
Sit AJ in lieu of jeopardizing our best offensive weapon.

Let's go ahead and bubble wrap Tyler Eifert while we are at it.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2018, 04:40 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Yikes, he has had lingering quad/hammiebissues before. Hopefully he heals up quickly. AJ is good enough to sit the entire preseason if needed.

No, he's not.

New offensive coordinator means he needs to be on the field, catching passes from Dalton. During the regular season isn't the time to work out timing issues, or iron out details of how to do things in the new scheme.

Not to mention he had a very meh year last year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Elite players like AJ don't need no damn OTA anyways.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2018, 08:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's because he was wearing them tight ass Daisy Dukes:

What lower legs?
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2018, 11:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No, he's not.

New offensive coordinator means he needs to be on the field, catching passes from Dalton. During the regular season isn't the time to work out timing issues, or iron out details of how to do things in the new scheme.

Not to mention he had a very meh year last year.

I agree.  If he is healthy, he needs to be out there getting reps.  I am sure this is only for OTAs and the mandatory camps will have him getting his conditioning, etc.  

And (I know this is bait) this will allow more reps for one of the younger guys to try and take that necessary step forward.  
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2018, 07:23 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: They aren’t installing a new scheme? I thought they were and getting as much practice in the scheme is important. To say Green doesn’t need to practice is short sighted. It is his practice habits and effort (and genetics) that make him a great player.

One of the reasons game has deteriorated is because players are practicing less and less. Not saying there should be full contact practices everyday, but 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 without pads is extremely beneficial.

The biggest change is the language.  The routes are still the same.
Reply/Quote