Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ reportedly
I waiting for some yellow journalist to state that I'll soon be given the bengals franchise by the brown family to do with as I please.
"The Brown family has decided to just give the team away to an old fan with no pro football experience whatsoever in another state just because.. It would undoubtedly be best for the team. The fan says he'll raffle the team away in a special promotion Tickets cost a buck each and only 10 billion will be sold. The raffle won't occur until all 10 billion are sold and paid for in nickles. 'Special train tracks will be built to haul all 200 billion nickles to my house.' said the fan. A special nickle slug machine will detect all forged nickles.

As long as they're writing dumb stuff we might as well go for broke.
Mike Brown has demanded to be traded to the Browns after the giveaway..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 04:33 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: https://www.totalprosports.com/2020/02/22/a-j-green-reportedly-wants-out-of-cincinnati/

Not totally upset if he leaves. He has been my favorite player to watch but he cant stay healthy and frankly if he diesnt want to be here then see ya!

Edit: sorry for the half assed thread, I have a 4 month old future bengals fan to look after and got in a rush

Do child a favor, tell them they do not have to follow father's footsteps, they should select a Playoff Team to be a fan of.
Reply/Quote
To the extent there's a story there's it is that a NFC executive considers AJ Green still elite despite the time missed.
Reply/Quote
Really hate nobody talking about us all year like they don’t know we are getting the 1st pick but soon as the offseason starts every segment being about how trash we are even tho some teams haven’t even had our success

And some teams have had more success than us and have had better players and still can’t fill their damn stadiums because the fans aren’t as excited as ours are FOH
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 05:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Could be someone wanting AJ to become available, or possible reading into things that haven't actually been said.  AJ made a statement a short while back where he said something about "football being a business" and "being fully aware of what he brings to a team".  I also remember him saying something about "the franchise tag not being the way to go".  

So while AJ hasn't publicly stated that he want's out of Cincinnati, there is still enough mystery in some of the things that he has said, that someone might construe it as him wanting out.

Yeah, not so sure I believe the source when the next article this rag had posted was that Eli and Saquan were traded to the Bucs for Jameis Winston....an April Fools joke from last year.

More poop slung in the general direction of the Bengals.  I am more sure AJ will be a Bengal this year than I am that Piggy will still be fat when he comes back from injury.  
Reply/Quote
Some random NFC exec who has had no contact with Green (or else he is tampering, which is not allowed) thinks Green wants out based on what I can only assume is just a general vibe that Green is sending out to the universe.

Is Cincinnati the only team in the country where players must consistently say "I like it here" every single morning or else be faced with stories of how they "want out" or are going to "pull an Eli"?

Or does this bullshit nonsense reporting happen to every team?
Reply/Quote
Not for nothing, but the man himself has said repeatedly he wants to stay in Cincinnati. But don't let facts get in the way of story time. The "unknown" NFC exec is probably Green's agent trying to drive his price up.
Reply/Quote
Probably punk ass jerry jones running his mouth.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 11:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not for nothing, but the man himself has said repeatedly he wants to stay in Cincinnati. 

He also said he doesn't want to be tagged, and if he is he would consider skipping all offseason activities.

We're getting dangerously close to the tag becoming a reality. I believe the date it can be applied starts Feb. 25 and runs through March 14.

I know they started talking about a new deal immediately after the season ended. AJ said so. He also seemed a little more positive than he did when talks stopped during the season.

It's now 2 months later, and still no deal. They had all of last offseaon and couldn't come to terms.

Are they still far apart? Is a deal close? Will AJ be upset if he's tagged?  All legitimate questions.

It's not that ridiculous to think he may want out if they can't come to a long-term deal. 
Reply/Quote
If the team tags him they better be ready for him to walk in 2021.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
You know this is fake news right?

My God people, quit responding to influencers and their agents that ostensibly appear objective freaking journalist with sound bite click bait stuff.

Green wants a long-term contract WITH THE BENGALS. He does not want to be franchised because he will lose another year toward that big contract. He will be approaching age 33 if Franchised and not many teams will give him another 3-5 year contract at 33. His agent wants that big contract. Agents use media to persuade negotiation.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 08:28 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: If he doesn't want to stay then tag em and/or trade em.  Personally I hope he stays 3 more years

Problem with tagging a player who doesn't want to be tagged is that player can choose not to sign the tag.
The team is then left forced to hold onto the cap just in case the player does sign.
The deadline for a player to sign the tag is all the way through the first half of the season.

Le'Veon Bell is a very recent example of this happening.

Do you really want the Bengals to use the tag on AJ if he doesn't want to be a Bengal?
Just let him walk and replace him with another FA or use his money for extensions of other guys.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 11:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: According to the media nobody wants to be here...

I don't want to be here.  So they got that going for them....   :hooked:
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 04:51 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Some NFC executive "Thinks" AJ wants out of Cincinnati. Really? AJ himself has stated he wants to stay here. So many people stating their opinion this time of year, so much drama.

(02-23-2020, 05:30 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: My first thought exactly. Now, all you need to be able to write an article and title it “XXX reportedly wants out” is for anyone at all to think they want out? This is unbearable

(02-23-2020, 05:31 PM)samhain Wrote: Such a dumb and lazy piece of "journalism" if you want to call it that.  He reportedly wants out because some guy thinks he wants out that nobody can name.  On top of that, nobody has a quote or reason given for believing this to be the case.  Just some dude saying he thinks so.  

I think Patrick Mahomes wants to be traded to the Bengals.  You can just tell.  I mean, just look at him.  I heard an "executive" might think so too.  Also, he's be a good fit in Carolina, so watch for that.  Translation: Patrick Mahomes reportedly wants to be traded to the Bengals.  

Utter and absolute trash.

Yeah, the joke of "journalism" continues to utterly disappoint. Yawn
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 10:26 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Again.. I cant say this enough.. STOP LISTENING TO SPORTS TALKING HEADS... all they do is create drama to justify them having a job.

thats what they are paid to do, and a whole LOT more than most of us on here!!

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 12:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He also said he doesn't want to be tagged, and if he is he would consider skipping all offseason activities.

But more importantly, he said plainly for anyone that can read or listen that he WILL play under the tag and will not hold out. As for offseason activities, why wouldn't he skip them. He would just be risking more injuries and he doesn't need OTA's. He said he would be there for training camp. It's a big nothing burger.
Reply/Quote
Can’t say I would blame AJ if he does one out.That said, I would like to see him stay though.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 08:08 PM)samhain Wrote: Reminds me of article or quote someone posted 6 or 7 years ago about the Bengals being desperate to trade Carlos Dunlap to unload his contract.  People who say this shit have no clue how this team operates.  

Does a serious football journalist or Cincinnati beat writer know more than you're rank and file hardcore Bengal fan about how business is done here?  Likely.  Does the average national internet NFL blogger/podcaster/social media "like" *****?  Unlikely.  People just make this stuff up.

Journalism today is nothing but getting clicks.  Telling a story that is has to be truthful went out of style about 25 years ago, was it ever in style for sports writers. Fact is AJ has been a low key guy with the media his entire time in Cincinnati.  Unless the Bengals medical staff screwed him he has no motive to change how he operates with the press.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 04:56 PM)RASCAL Wrote: thats what they are paid to do, and a whole LOT more than most of us on here!!

Exactly, that's my point. If they didnt make stuff up and create drama then they wouldn't be getting paid.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 08:41 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Exactly, that's my point. If they didnt make stuff up and create drama then they wouldn't be getting paid.

Would be nice if they got paid for telling the truth.

This world likes to reward people for being POS's.
Reply/Quote