Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ said Ross should play Sunday
“I’m excited to see him play Sunday,” Green said in an interview with WLW 700. “I think he should play. He (Ross) told me he’s gonna play.”

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/8/23/16185670/aj-green-john-ross-nfl-debut-washington-relax-offense
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Sweet ! Can't wait to see him going deep.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 06:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Sweet ! Can't wait to see him going deep.

Doubtful. With quick passes being our main offensive strategy, maybe Ross will be able to break off a long screen. 
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 06:50 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Doubtful. With quick passes being our main offensive strategy, maybe Ross will be able to break off a long screen. 

Did you see last weeks game, we threw close to 40 percent of our pass attempts were in the 12 to 20 yard range.. i would not say that was quick pass city. 
Reply/Quote
Marvin,
We as bengals fans understand...AJ Green being AJ puts a smile on your face but please it's the preseason...just no man...no.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'm excited to see him on the field.

Reply/Quote
Ok, but just get him in there and let him run some out routes, and stuff where he's least likely to take a big shot. Get him back in the swing of things gradually.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 06:50 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Doubtful. With quick passes being our main offensive strategy, maybe Ross will be able to break off a long screen. 

I think he will at least run a few deep routes to see what coverage does...
Reply/Quote
I can't wait to see Ross on the field. I don't care what kind of routes he runs, I just want to see him out there. For good reason, go routes and deep routes are what people think of with Ross, but he's a solid route runner, period. He's so much more than just a speedster. Don't get me wrong, he'll help take the top off of some defenses, but I think people are going to be disappointed if all they expect is deep routes. He's a very good all-around WR who can do it all and should be used accordingly, not just as a gimmick.
Reply/Quote
Let's clear something up real quick because I see it a lot around here. Having a bad line can make it difficult to throw deep sure, but having deep threats can actually make a line's job easier. It all comes down to a numbers game, if a defense has to keep a cover 2 shell or double coverage on two outside guys you lose the ability for the most part to send extra rushers. This means a five man line is now blocking 4 rushers, which means we can slide help to Cedric if need be. If you add in a decent run game they can use play action and you gain an additional blocker (HB) while sucking his guy into the box taking him out of the play. The other thing you can do is chip the HB off Ced's guy before running a route giving him a little help on almost every passing play.

I'm not saying we won't struggle at times to get deep, but it's not some forgone conclusion we can't get deep. Every year teams have to overcome bad line play, but somehow every year teams all over the NFL put up ridiculous offensive statistics.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 06:11 PM)Trademark Wrote: “I’m excited to see him play Sunday,” Green said in an interview with WLW 700. “I think he should play. He (Ross) told me he’s gonna play.”

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/8/23/16185670/aj-green-john-ross-nfl-debut-washington-relax-offense

Me too! He and OJ Howard were my two favorite prospects for the Bengals in the first round.
Ross might just become the most electrifying player in the NFL (eventually)!
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 10:02 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I can't wait to see Ross on the field. I don't care what kind of routes he runs, I just want to see him out there. For good reason, go routes and deep routes are what people think of with Ross, but he's a solid route runner, period. He's so much more than just a speedster. Don't get me wrong, he'll help take the top off of some defenses, but I think people are going to be disappointed if all they expect is deep routes. He's a very good all-around WR who can do it all and should be used accordingly, not just as a gimmick.

This^

He doesn't just have long speed, he's got good burst and can hurt defenses more than just deep. If all he can do is go deep then he wouldn't have been picked in the top 10...that said, his long speed will help open up the shorter stuff for both himself and the offense. I'm certainly excited for the first time we see him blow past an entire defense. He'll be a fun player to watch
Reply/Quote
We don't need deep passes, especially with Andy's inconsistent long balls. He'll need to take short passes and get the hell of Dodge.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 02:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We don't need deep passes, especially with Andy's inconsistent long balls. He'll need to take short passes and get the hell of Dodge.

This false narrative is still around? <_<
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 02:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We don't need deep passes, especially with Andy's inconsistent long balls. He'll need to take short passes and get the hell of Dodge.

Do you watch the games?

Andy is no slouch on deep balls. Just look at the stats.
Also most of his game in the intermediate 12-25 yrd throws.  That is by far not a short passing game.
Reply/Quote

Now you went and did it.....
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 03:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: This false narrative is still around? <_<

Heck, I'm upset at him messing up the phrase "get the hell out of Dodge"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Hope Green is right....Excited to see Ross inaction!!!

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
Man, if Ross just darts and Andy throws as hard as he can and he catches up to it and scores? I'm gonna get a boner! I won't be able to help it!

Reply/Quote
bout time

Looking forward to seeing our new toy in action.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote