Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ says ML leaving is the spark we needed
And you know if AJ is saying it I'd guess more players were in line with the majority of the fans line of thinking than Dre K led us to believe.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/31/18204919/coaching-change-providing-bengals-veterans-a-needed-spark
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Seeing how AJ Green rarely makes public comments, I'd say those are the sentiments of the entire veteran contingency, or at least the vast majority of it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 09:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seeing how AJ Green rarely makes public comments, I'd say those are the sentiments of the entire veteran contingency, or at least the vast majority of it.

For sure

AJ is not one that just goes around running his mouth. For him to say that carries weight, and a lot of it !
Reply/Quote
That thumbnail of AJ is hilarious.

Reply/Quote
I didn't need to hear it. You could see it on their faces during the Saints game... And most of the games that followed. I'd say Boyd, and Mixon were the exceptions.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Ehh, I don’t put much stock into this stuff. What else is he going to say? He doesn’t seem like the type of guy to rock the boat or speak out of class. He’s a company man.

I don’t mean any disrespect towards green. If fact I very much respect him and his attitude. I wish we had a team full of aj greens but he’s not the type of guy that’s going to give you the real talk. He too smart for that, he’s going to play closer to the vest.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 10:22 AM)motoarch Wrote: Ehh, I don’t put much stock into this stuff.  What else is he going to say?  He doesn’t seem like the type of guy to rock the boat or speak out of class.  He’s a company man.  

I don’t mean any disrespect towards green.  If fact I very much respect him and his attitude.  I wish we had a team full of aj greens but he’s not the type of guy that’s going to give you the real talk.  He too smart for that, he’s going to play closer to the vest.

I get what you're saying but to me I see the exact opposite. Guys like AJ aren't yes men with a bunch of Co. speak, he would just say nothing at all or it would all be good. "We respect Marvin and we're gonna miss him" and leave it at that. Or "we're excited to get to work with the new staff"

But when he says "It's the spark we needed" I think it speaks volumes coming from him !

Perhaps I'm reading to much into it ?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 09:37 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And you know if AJ is saying it I'd guess more players were in line with the majority of the fans line of thinking than Dre K led us to believe.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/31/18204919/coaching-change-providing-bengals-veterans-a-needed-spark

This is (possibly strangely) one thing that stuck out to me about AJ speaking on this subject...he said, "I guess," which makes me believe he may not have been fully in favor of a changing of the guard, so to speak.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
[Image: e1lzMIOj76m8yAUW?format=jpg&name=small]
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He usually doesn't say anything like that, i think it says something. All class AJ but man did this team look stale the last few years.
Reply/Quote
Well, there have been rumblings lately that lend credence to the OP....Big Los' tweet, AJ fighting at JAX, etc. I think the veterans on the team are probably ready for a different philosophy.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The last thing I'm going to subscribe to when it comes to the Bengals is mind reading what players think. Agreeing that it may be the spark we needed isn't exactly the same thing as saying Marvin is a bum and should have been fired ages ago. You're free to read whatever you want into it, but I read the words and listened to the words he spoke in the video. It's just a spark, not an entire forest burning down.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 11:55 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: [Image: e1lzMIOj76m8yAUW?format=jpg&name=small]

Funny that in almost every video of people speaking you can stop it almost anywhere along the way to catch goofy looks. It's not indicitive of how they think or speak,,
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 12:06 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Well, there have been rumblings lately that lend credence to the OP....Big Los' tweet, AJ fighting at JAX, etc. I think the veterans on the team are probably ready for a different philosophy.

No way were they happy, these guys want to be Champions, that wasn't happening and the frustration was obvious.
Reply/Quote
AJ saying things got stale here and they need a new spark is not really a shot at Lewis.... most winning coaches also get replaced after awhile, because that's what happens. Sometimes you just need new eyes and ideas, otherwise, the teams you play regularly get used to what your doing.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 11:55 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: [Image: e1lzMIOj76m8yAUW?format=jpg&name=small]
Not the most flattering pic of AJ, but glad he said what he did!
Reply/Quote
No surprise there. You could see it from his and many players body language over the past 2-3 seasons. Marvin doesn’t have the wherewithal to be a head coach. If we had a nickel for every time Marvin said “we just need to play better” or “we gotta do a better job” Whatever the irony was lost on Marv.
Reply/Quote
Marvin haters will see what they want to see but I think Sheeran nailed it

So, I think he’s kind of taken it upon himself to kind of say: ‘This is the direction, or type of P.R. we’re going to go into because Marvin’s gone and there’s not a whole lot we can do about that right now.’ And, I do think that players would have welcomed Marvin back because he was well-liked in that locker room and is a ‘player’s coach’, but I think that Green realizes the reality and face it head-on.”
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 12:31 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: No surprise there. You could see it from his and many players body language over the past 2-3 seasons. Marvin doesn’t have the wherewithal to be a head coach. If we had a nickel for every time Marvin said “we just need to play better” or “we gotta do a better job” Whatever the irony was lost on Marv.

True that Pat. It was like a turtle trying to motivate you.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Marvin haters will see what they want to see but I think Sheeran nailed it

So, I think he’s kind of taken it upon himself to kind of say: ‘This is the direction, or type of P.R. we’re going to go into because Marvin’s gone and there’s not a whole lot we can do about that right now.’ And, I do think that players would have welcomed Marvin back because he was well-liked in that locker room and is a ‘player’s coach’, but I think that Green realizes the reality and face it head-on.”

The players would HAVE to welcome him back, it is their jobs. Not like they would quit their job or anything where they make millions of dollars over it. The change was needed more than any change needed to be made in the NFL. This franchise was stale and the players were clearly frustrated cause they want to win it all.

Marv just didn't know how to outcoach coaches in the Playoffs. Don't bring up his regular season numbers Fred either...
Reply/Quote