Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ says ML leaving is the spark we needed
(02-01-2019, 09:37 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And you know if AJ is saying it I'd guess more players were in line with the majority of the fans line of thinking than Dre K led us to believe.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/31/18204919/coaching-change-providing-bengals-veterans-a-needed-spark

A bit of fake news here in the way we have set this up.. lets listen a bit more and paraphrase

1.  a big change more than i am used to

2. going to be tough without Coach Lewis being around

3. going to be a spark we needed.. a LITTLE BIT, we will see how it goes 

not a ringing endorsement of getting rid of Marvin.. lets be honest
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
To me it is kind of unsettling the way some fans have to make their dislike for a coach personal.  Marvin can't just be a bad coach because of the decisions he makes as a coach.  He also has to be a repugnant individual.  Arrogant.  Smug.  Condescending.  Fans act shocked and insulted when he spews the exact same vague "coach speak" that every other head coach in the league uses.  He regularly says that they have to "coach better", but they act like he never takes any responsibility.

I believe that Marvin Lewis is actually a good person who has dedicated his life to trying to win a championship in Cincinatti.  I think NFL coaches have big egos and they realize their identity is defined by their win/loss record. I think Marvin has worked as hard as he can and every decision he made was to try and win and not just doing favors for favorite players or coaches.

Marvin's coaching career is unique in all of NFL history.  I can understand how his complete failure in the post season out weighs his regular season achievements for some fans.  But if he was as bad as many claim then he would have never made the postseason 7 times and racked up a winning record playing under the Bengal front office.

But while he was good, he was not good enough.  I was always one of Marvin's biggest defenders, but even I said he had to go after the '17 season.  I was shocked when they brought him back, but as a Bengal fan I hoped for the best.  Now that we have a new coach I am again hoping for the best.  Time is running out for the core of this team.  I hope we win right away.  But while some people see almost anyone as an automatic upgrade over "the worst", I see a guy who has never even been hired as a coordinator taking over for a solid NFL head coach.

If Taylor is a whiz kid I think he has enough talent here to win right away.  That is what I am hoping for more than anything.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 01:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To me it is kind of unsettling the way some fans have to make their dislike for a coach personal.  Marvin can't just be a bad coach because of the decisions he makes as a coach.  He also has to be a repugnant individual.  Arrogant.  Smug.  Condescending.  Fans act shocked and insulted when he spews the exact same vague "coach speak" that every other head coach in the league uses.  He regularly says that they have to "coach better", but they act like he never takes any responsibility.

I believe that Marvin Lewis is actually a good person who has dedicated his life to trying to win a championship in Cincinatti.  I think NFL coaches have big egos and they realize their identity is defined by their win/loss record. I think Marvin has worked as hard as he can and every decision he made was to try and win and not just doing favors for favorite players or coaches.

Marvin's coaching career is unique in all of NFL history.  I can understand how his complete failure in the post season out weighs his regular season achievements for some fans.  But if he was as bad as many claim then he would have never made the postseason 7 times and racked up a winning record playing under the Bengal front office.

But while he was good, he was not good enough.  I was always one of Marvin's biggest defenders, but even I said he had to go after the '17 season.  I was shocked when they brought him back, but as a Bengal fan I hoped for the best.  Now that we have a new coach I am again hoping for the best.  Time is running out for the core of this team.  I hope we win right away.  But while some people see almost anyone as an automatic upgrade over "the worst", I see a guy who has never even been hired as a coordinator taking over for a solid NFL head coach.

If Taylor is a whiz kid I think he has enough talent here to win right away.  That is what I am hoping for more than anything.

Yep, a player or coach in the dog house in here gets attacked personally and professionally. I never will understand it. ML needed to go, but for those of us who were fortunate enough to have conversations, he is a good man, a man who committed to winning regardless of what the haters say. I have been around sports my entire life and winning is a trade marl personality trait the coaches and players.

Our team is loaded compared to the one ML inherited in 2003. So hopefully this nee coach will do what ML did, make them 6 wins better in year one as he went from 2-14 to 8-8 so new guy needs 12 wins to match the coach many trash in here in year one, otherwise he may be looked at early as a worse coach than ML. 

I am rooting for 10 wins as I am realistic and think with that roster if he is better than ML, it is a goal he should achieve. Others will give him time which is their choice, the thing Taylor inherits is a WR and QB combo who have been to 7 playoffs. 2 DL that have been to 7 playoffs. All now in their prime.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 06:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yep, a player or coach in the dog house in here gets attacked personally and professionally. I never will understand it. ML needed to go, but for those of us who were fortunate enough to have conversations, he is a good man, a man who committed to winning regardless of what the haters say. I have been around sports my entire life and winning is a trade marl personality trait the coaches and players.

Our team is loaded compared to the one ML inherited in 2003. So hopefully this nee coach will do what ML did, make them 6 wins better in year one as he went from 2-14 to 8-8 so new guy needs 12 wins to match the coach many trash in here in year one, otherwise he may be looked at early as a worse coach than ML. 

I am rooting for 10 wins as I am realistic and think with that roster if he is better than ML, it is a goal he should achieve. Others will give him time which is their choice, the thing Taylor inherits is a WR and QB combo who have been to 7 playoffs. 2 DL that have been to 7 playoffs. All now in their prime.

What a stupid thing to say.  Stop the trolling, please.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 06:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yep, a player or coach in the dog house in here gets attacked personally and professionally. I never will understand it. ML needed to go, but for those of us who were fortunate enough to have conversations, he is a good man, a man who committed to winning regardless of what the haters say. I have been around sports my entire life and winning is a trade marl personality trait the coaches and players.

I don’t expect 12 wins. It will be nice if we do but you must be realistic. We have 8 coaching positions to fill before we even begin working on players. Plus, we are going to see a whole lot of new everything. Big changes and obstacles to overcome.

Reply/Quote

Four.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 09:00 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don’t expect 12 wins. It will be nice if we do but you must be realistic. We have 8 coaching positions to fill before we even begin working on players. Plus, we are going to see a whole lot of new everything. Big changes and obstacles to overcome.

Exactly, it is unrealistic to think ZT is just going to come in here and win 12 games his first year as a Head Coach. Takes time to settle in and for things to come together. I expect to be better on both sides of the ball with the O-line and Linebackers improved and we will win more than 6 games for sure.

We needed a coach that can adjust during a game, from everything i am hearing Taylor might be this guy.
Reply/Quote