Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ says Ross is healthy and explosive again
I hope Ross comes out there and plays really well. Dalton has rarely had a good #2 WR his whole career. I think he has potential, but I have to see it on the field.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 09:26 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I hope Ross comes out there and plays really well. Dalton has rarely had a good #2 WR his whole career. I think he has potential, but I have to see it on the field.

There’s only one problem. Dalton throws in double coverage to AJ a lot. Might take awhile for him to realize Ross is even there even when wide open.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 06:03 PM)Neon Icon Wrote: Yessir. You know who else was an epic bust? Kevin White from the Bears. In 2 years...he's played in 5 games due to injury mainly.

The Bears are my NFC team and I have to say that seeing WRs that were a 7th overall pick and a 9th overall pick contribute a combined 21 receptions and 193 yards and 0 TDs in 4 combined seasons has been quite the kick in the junk.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 09:26 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I hope Ross comes out there and plays really well. Dalton has rarely had a good #2 WR his whole career. I think he has potential, but I have to see it on the field.

He had Marvin Jones for 4 years and he's a #1 now isn't he? He's also had Eifert (on and off). That's not exactly rarely.

Tate was sort of ok. LaFell has been sort of ok as well.

But, I agree, need to see it from Ross before I'll believe it.

Reply/Quote

Completely untrue. Marvin Jones was a very good WR2.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 11:27 PM)BengalChris Wrote: He had Marvin Jones for 4 years and he's a #1 now isn't he? He's also had Eifert (on and off). That's not exactly rarely.

Tate was sort of ok. LaFell has been sort of ok as well.

But, I agree, need to see it from Ross before I'll believe it.

He had Marvin Jones for 2 years. Jones really didn't play his rookie year and his 3rd year he was out the whole season. Jones has been sharing the #1 duties with Tate in Detroit for a while. I wouldn't consider him their for sure #1. Eifert hasn't played a full season, and I said #2 WR.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2018, 12:28 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: He had Marvin Jones for 2 years. Jones really didn't play his rookie year and his 3rd year he was out the whole season. Jones has been sharing the #1 duties with Tate in Detroit for a while. I wouldn't consider him their for sure #1. Eifert hasn't played a full season, and I said #2 WR.

All 100% true. AJ Green has been great, but this vast array of weaponry people always talk about has been mostly a myth. 2013 and 2015 were the only years where you could really say the weapons matched the hype. The passing game was great in both of those years. Multiple records were broken.

It'd be nice if Ross can help get us back to that point.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 05:25 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Would a link help your memory return? Or, are you just saying I'm wrong?

As far as I remember you are wrong.  But maybe I just didn't see the discussion on all the trade offers.

And I can't criticize the Bengals for not trading back unless I know what the offer was.  Even if I felt trading back was a good idea I would not agree that they should have dropped twenty slots for a fourth round pick or something like that.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2018, 10:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: As far as I remember you are wrong.  But maybe I just didn't see the discussion on all the trade offers.

And I can't criticize the Bengals for not trading back unless I know what the offer was.  Even if I felt trading back was a good idea I would not agree that they should have dropped twenty slots for a fourth round pick or something like that.

That's what I thought you were saying.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2018, 12:28 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: He had Marvin Jones for 2 years. Jones really didn't play his rookie year and his 3rd year he was out the whole season. Jones has been sharing the #1 duties with Tate in Detroit for a while. I wouldn't consider him their for sure #1. Eifert hasn't played a full season, and I said #2 WR.

That is true. Both Eifert and Jones did miss quite a bit, particularly Eifert.

I know you said #2 WR, but Eifert, when healthy, is at least as good as a good #2 WR when providing Dalton with someone to target and I got that you were really talking about Dalton's options in the passing game. The last two years have pretty much been Green and a bunch of underachievers led by LaFell with Dalton operating behind a weak OL.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 07:25 PM)McC Wrote: My crystal ball says he's gonna make a lot of hating fools look really stupid and not one of them will stand up and admit it.

This is what i see in my crystal ball as well lol
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2018, 11:23 AM)BengalChris Wrote: That is true. Both Eifert and Jones did miss quite a bit, particularly Eifert.

I know you said #2 WR, but Eifert, when healthy, is at least as good as a good #2 WR when providing Dalton with someone to target and I got that you were really talking about Dalton's options in the passing game. The last two years have pretty much been Green and a bunch of underachievers led by LaFell with Dalton operating behind a weak OL.

Really 2013 and 2015 were the only year Dalton had a solid receiving core. 2013 he didnt even have Eifert full time since Gresham started over him the majority of the games.
Reply/Quote